It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of occult practices. Can you add to the list?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jamieeric

but we are going off topic. I'd like to define occult....

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

u know I thought the same thing. but there are now" cults" that use some of the practices that the person who wrote this threat mentioned(that me and u think are not a bad thing) they have a hidden agenda. it looks (like to u and me as what every higher being experiences naturally with getting into the higher cosmos ) but these natural progress of turning to light beings is twisted by some cults they make u think that they helping u to be"a happier confident etc etc you) but they not really. it is such a popular trend . u would not believe how many people are sucked in!! I am talking millions ultimately they mostly want $ but u will never recognize it. I hope it will make sence what I said. like there are these "cults" who will practice all kind of spiritual awakening but they are fake it is a way to make them money and they twist something natural and the person gets literally brainwashed and starts worshiping the group and the leader not the ultimate . they will not get the same experience
edit on 10-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: jamieeric
a reply to: nonspecific

I agree totally with your argument. However I would point out that it does work, in the same way hypnosis works, you have to want it to. There are many ways to change thought pathways but ALL of them need the subject to want it.

I'll agree it is not occult.

How about hermeticism..

can we add that?

It's not my list but we can apparently add anything that is not in the bible and maybe some things that are.

Oh, well - I have that (incomplete) list to - in my Book of Shadows.

Occult Phenomena of The Biblical Scriptures

Clairvoyance is exhibited in Matthew 3: 13-14 and Acts 16:9
Prophecy can be found in Luke 1:67-80
Control over the Elements such as alchemy or levitation in instances of Matthew 14: 22-33, John 2:1-12, 6:1-14, and 6:16-24 Acts 5: 19-21
Spirit/Angelic Communication in Matthew 26:53 and 28:9, Mark 16:20, Luke 1:1-38 and 4:10-11 (to name a few)
Gifts of Healing can be found all throughout the Book of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

Anyhow, it gets redundant to add all the scripture references, but I can also provide scripture references to Dream Communication, Psychometry, Aura reading/manipulation, and the list is by no means complete - but it is the fair bulk of occult phenomenon that is recorded in the Bible. It's interesting stuff if one can look at the material without bias or prejudice.

Just thought I'd share.

CdT

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I do see what you are saying and I am as horrified as you. I am aslo totally bewildered at how many of these people that do get sucking into cults are well educated. Off topic as it may be I totally agree. But not so much off topic as when people hear or see the word occult they think - secret knowledge to be had. Not true. The only secret knowledge in the world today is owned by government security forces or proprietry information from comapnaies/universitys.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hahahah ahahaha dude you need to do some research.... You are brainwashed and this thread is not going to go anywhere.

Also! Read the story of Moses. Just because something says," oh hey man I'm your God" doesn't mean it is... The real God would not openly say it, but work in mysterious ways. Your whole book is based on occult practices lol. a reply to: DeathSlayer

edit on 10-3-2015 by Boomy327 because: Thought of an example

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

absolutely. I agree with u but additionally .. i am Christian origin and I learn from other cultures and religions. if the author did not mention he is Christian... and if the person was not concerned about what happens to people after life. tell me you don't think that 90% of the stuff on the above list and its members and followers are not messed up . I agree talking religion is not the best way to go on about it. I never wanted to read bible then I did then I thought it is messed up that I read it again it basically talks basic rules love ur neighbor don't cheat on ur wife don't kill don't still don't get pissed too much (even people in bible were alcoholics) don't have sex too young u will miss out on childhood so on so on. I can imagine how between lines it also warns of Scientology
it just says worship the ultimate universal love not earthly made up crap. these days people worship Hanna Montana and other bull is that normal?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Didn't the prophet Mohammed say something about not worshiping idols?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Like I mentioned in the OP - I intentionally left out the main religions because I did not want a religious debate over religion.

Could have fooled me.

You are talking about the religions of other people. If you are leaving out the main religions, you are only doing so to hedge your bets on people getting upset. Do you understand what that means you are doing? You aren't picking on all the things you believe are an affront to your god, you are picking on the ones you perceive to be least practiced.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
To me personally, worshipping Hannah Montana as your Lord and Saviour is no different than worshipping God or Jesus or Mohammed or anyone else.

Also, where in the bible does it say that you shouldn't have sex too young because it will ruin your childhood? It doesn't say that. Did you know that in Vatican City, until recently in history, the age of consent for a child to have sexual relations with an adult was 12? Twelve years old! Well, you had a good childhood, Mario. Father Clarence is going to show you the archives now. Do da doo. Enjoy.

a reply to: MimiSia

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

wow

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

NLP secret etc...I didn't read this
these are exactly my point!!!!!'
will read leviathan

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
How is martial arts mysticism? Most martial arts teach that it is only to be used in defense.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Most martial arts stem from ancient Asian mysticism, the martial art itself not so much being a form of defence, but a way to tap into a higher part of yourself. Think monks, not the caucasian guy from your local dojo smashing up plywood.

a reply to: kenzohattori69

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
How is martial arts mysticism? Most martial arts teach that it is only to be used in defense.

I have an old book by Larson claiming to be the authoritative book on cults. It lists martial arts as a cult as well as Yoga and several other things bible belt people are scared of.

I think a lot of it boils down to folks being scared of exercise. And new things. And things they haven't heard of. And things they can't be bothered to try and understand. And things from other countries. And things that involve foreign-sounding words. And things that involve self reflecting. And... etc.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

i said I agree with u (not the last post )
the childhood thing was the no sex before wedding night
these rules are 2000 years old for crying out loud I totally agree with u
like I said I took my anger out of the bible and read it cause my "fellow Christians recommend it so highly" I had to swallow some of the words who knows (i believe in evolution the eden garden if that is correct in english is ??? and the fact that people believe we only been here 5000y ??? unless we are alian convicts origin ???) and I mainly read the Jesus bit I am a christian but I see him as a person and his journey. I applaud him. would I sacrifice my life for other? what ever it means. i sometimes think of doing such a bold statement: like set myself on fire and say I did it because(eg racism,or not giving gay rights to people is such old school behavior and I forgive people for being racist or homofobic ) back then surely it made difference in people's heart now not so sure but I think it would work

what do u believe in ? or what do u think what is on the original list is not right? is it just the religious thing? I agree with so many of u (maybe is not what u are saying) but I see different main religions (Christians Muslims budhism Hinduism I am sure I missed few) as the same thing but written in "different language ". I also don't count in cults meditation martial arts lucid dreaming astral traveling the normal and the cool stuff.. u don't lose the fact u come from a Christian background I love different (even though at the end of the day it is all the same )

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The way some Christians think:

If I push energy (light) thru my body in a meditative state asking the energy to help another body by stating "Jesus heals you" then it is a good thing.

If I push energy (light) thru my body in a meditative state asking the energy to help another body by not "stating Jesus heals you" then it is a bad thing.

Same energy same intent for helping the other person. Good when it is called laying of hands by a Christian church, occult and evil when called Reiki.

Who is the good tree and bad tree in this case if you look at it objectively? Without preconceived ideas.

A Tree and its Fruit

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.

Should Christians really judge others when they cannot rise above the subjective view to see objectively what is good or bad? What did Jesus say about judging. Once more Jesus teachings prove themselves very advanced.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

you know
if u believe in god you know god dearly loves a flower the same way god dearly loves you. u know from dust we come to dust we return and if u believe god is the creator you have to agree he created absolutely everything . he gave us all a choice. choice to love all gods creation. if u believe in bible u read revelations ultimately the end story is god destroys all hell and gives heaven to all his creation. it is not up to anyone to judge gods choice to give us free will.

ultimately there is a reason why religion was brought in I would like to understand why

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

u know is life experience
ultimately we are saying the same thing different translation
what is praying without words -> meditation

why fight why not be constructive
we are getting interconnected
just appreciate it ..it is a chance to talk out differences
if u practice raiki u know attack is not the way to go it will stay with u ("disturb ur energy")

I am Christian and I have a raiki bible and I am out loud proud is that better ?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
By this definition Christianity is a cult.

www.google.com...
a reply to: Cuervo

BTW your cousin Jose is my best friend!
edit on 3102015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's called the law of attraction. And since none of these things are hidden anymore none of them qualify as occult.
A young boy reading playboy behind the garage...occult

Kids smoking a joint under the bleachers...occult

Husband cheating on his wife...occult

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join