It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Become a Conservative in Four Embarrassing Steps

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HighFive

How would you explain and solve the problems?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He did give a link.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why can't we just leave liberals alone! They know better than us, they never make mistakes and they only want what's best for us!

They are perfect!

SO stopitstopitstopit!

*sob*

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Isn't posting what you did sort of proving the points made in the opening post?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: FyreByrd

FyreByrd,

1. and 2. Ignore Facts - On modifying "facts"
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
"ACA will save American families $2500"

3. Display no empathy for others
In the words of Hillary, regarding the Benghazi dead SHE was responsible for "what difference does it make"

4. Shout down your opponents
Look up "occupy Wall Street".
Read Saul Alinsky

Projection issues much ?

This. Well stated.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: beezzer

Isn't posting what you did sort of proving the points made in the opening post?

I didn't see sarcasm posted initially.

This is more a reflection of the 9 pages since the OP.

Just sticking up for the awesome crowd who are perfect!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: HighFive
What states rely the most on Uncle Sam? Take more than they pay in taxes.

Wallet Hub

1. Mississippi
2. New Mexico
3. Alabama
]

Wallet hub is the link, you may have missed it cuz I figured out how to post it 5 min after the post..sry

Each one of theses measures is per capita.
Because of course California spends more money on programs than smaller states..

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He did give a link.

Yeah.....he edited it after I was replying.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

What states rely the most on Uncle Sam? Take more than they pay in taxes.

Wallet Hub

1. Mississippi
2. New Mexico
3. Alabama
]

Wallet hub is the link, you may have missed it cuz I figured out how to post it 5 min after the post..sry

Each one of theses measures is per capita.
Because of course California spends more money on programs than smaller states..

Yeah....I figured it was from wallethub....had read that somewhere before and found it while I was checking your facts.

The major issue with this research is that it is taking ALL federal funding into account. If you look at the states you have listed, they are also some of the highest in Federal employees per capita which tells me that they have government facilities which suck a LOT of the federal funding from the government. I have done a lot of work all over the south and can say from the work I have done that there are numerous huge bases that account for most of the federal spending this report is speaking of.

The more accurate outlook on this would be taking a look at state and local spending which I posted on earlier. They do not spend on federal programs and you can specify solely welfare. If you look at it from that perspective, it is almost all blue states that sucks up their own resources.

Federal spending is not broken down in the same manner, but most of the federal governments resources are in the states you mentioned from your report, including large bases and federally funded research programs, etc.....

edit on 3/10/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: HighFive

How would you explain and solve the problems?

What problem exactly?

Why crime and poverty are more prevalent in large cities? which every state has?
That's a very long answer

Why do more federal dollars per capita go to southern states?
If you look at the stats there is a high correlation to higher wages and better schools in the states that pay more in than they take.

As for my solution for the country
Flat tax no loopholes so the rich can pay 5% while I pay 25%
Cut spending on the prison industrial complex Decriminalize marijuana
Modest cuts to trillion a year defense budget.

Cutting WIC for children or some social spending program is the equivalent of flicking a pea off your plate

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Reply to Vasa Croe

"The major issue with this research is that it is taking ALL federal funding into account. If you look at the states you have listed, they are also some of the highest in Federal employees per capita which tells me that they have government facilities which suck a LOT of the federal funding from the government. I have done a lot of work all over the south and can say from the work I have done that there are numerous huge bases that account for most of the federal spending this report is speaking of."

The more accurate outlook on this would be taking a look at state and local spending which I posted on " Vasa Croe

Your claim of high federal employees in the south...
Only 3 of the 13 on the list I provided were in the top 10 for federal employees per capita
Montana South Dakota New Mexico. The rest are average

Your claim on looking at state and local spending..
What does it matter if California or Massachusetts spends more money on social programs than another state.
At the end of the day these states pay their own way,
States like Alabama pay in a dollar and take $3.28 look it up

edit on 10-3-2015 by HighFive because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2015 by HighFive because: inc

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Xuenchen's posts embody the tactic of ignoring the fact that correlation is not causation.

It is clear that Xuenchen knows why some of the poorest inner city districts also vote majority Democratic.

That's why Xuenchen doesn't want that false connection to be revealed as a "race issue."

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Sure they are republican.

Owsley County is a county located in the Eastern Coalfield region of Kentucky

www.ask.com...

If you had a Democratic president pull the rug out from under your financial feet and took your lively-hood away you would be republican as well.

That place is coal country and Obama has done everything in his power to shut the coal industry completely down. You will probably find Kentucky, West Virginia, parts of Virginia and Pennsylvania republican leaning as well because of Obama's coal policy.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Beach Bum

So true. I consider myself conservative as well but I refuse to accept the neo-conservitive war mongers like McCain, Graham and this new sorry excuse of a Senator from my home state, Tom Cotton. Their kind of politics is going to get us all killed.

Edit: Immediately After Launching Effort to Scuttle Iran Deal, Senator Tom Cotton to Meet with Defense Contractors

firstlook.org...

I hate to admit that he was elected in my district.
edit on 10-3-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
This thread is hilarious! It's hard to believe Liberals are that out of touch. As for #3 Conservatives give a ton more to charity than Liberals. They give money to help others because they don't care about them and have no empathy, right? Facts? The seven states that gave the least to charity voted Obama. The 17 most generous states voted Romney.

news.investors.com...
www.nytimes.com...
www.ethicsdaily.com...
www.ibtimes.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...

So what is it? Are Republicans all rich fat cats who can spare to give money? Wait, I thought they were uneducated poor hillbillies from the south? Nope, they are whatever stereotype generalization the talking points media gives the left for the day.

Wonder what happens if you stripped out paying church dues, er, giving to the offering plate, from those statistics?

Ironically, those million-dollar edifices where the faithful go every week, yep, they're CHARITIES.

So is paying the ridiculous upkeep costs on them.

edit on 17Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:06:12 -050015p052015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Double

edit on 16Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:59:11 -050015p042015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's farm country. A large portion of employment is seasonal farm labor. What else would you expect from a state that relies heavily on that industry?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Another predominately agricultural seasonal employment state. You just see the raw numbers but fail to realize why those numbers are what they are. Most of the states you list are farm states.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: FyreByrd

FyreByrd,

1. and 2. Ignore Facts - On modifying "facts"
"If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
"ACA will save American families $2500"

3. Display no empathy for others
In the words of Hillary, regarding the Benghazi dead SHE was responsible for "what difference does it make"

4. Shout down your opponents
Look up "occupy Wall Street".
Read Saul Alinsky

Projection issues much ?

Well, your argument may be weakened by the fact that you're fabricating your response to #3:

Johnson: No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.

In Context: Hillary Clinton

As to #4, Occupy Wall Street was a protest indeed (not entirely liberal or progressive in nature).

But, how about ...

Tea Party Memo - Stand and Shout, Rattle Them!

Seems to me that #1 and #2 are in full flying color in your post ... at least in critiquing #3 and #4.

LOL.
edit on 17Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:00:28 -050015p052015366 by Gryphon66 because: formatting

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm a Constitutionalist. Where does that place me? Need to know if I'm stoopid or not, ya know.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join