It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Become a Conservative in Four Embarrassing Steps

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Shouldn't this thread be titled "How to become a Republican in Four Steps"? Republicans aren't real conservatives. Many of the values that they are trying to "conserve" like "in god we trust" aren't old values but new ones.

You are absolutely correct. On both counts - title and definition of conservative, though I differ a bit on the later.

Conserve - to use resources wisely, to husband.

Never met a 'conservative' (neo...) that didn't love to squander the resources of others.... and hoard their own while stealing more....

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: muse7

Sure they are republican.

Owsley County is a county located in the Eastern Coalfield region of Kentucky

www.ask.com...

If you had a Democratic president pull the rug out from under your financial feet and took your lively-hood away you would be republican as well.

So Imperial Bush II was a democrat and I missed the whole thing....

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Everyone should be able to get a degree and you are right we should lower the cost of them.

Not sure where this whole let's attack higher education stand point comes from.

My point is not everyone has either the brains or ambition to get a "good" degree. ( a degree that will actually equate to a job)
If you are suggesting that high school should be pushed to 6 - 8 years then I guess I understand where you are coming from. Do you have a problem with a 150k a year plummer, or is a 30k year "degreed" person so much better off? About 60% of those who go to college are in a scam....

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

a reply to: FyreByrd

Conservatism is focused on preventing negative outcomes, while liberalism is focused on advancing positive outcomes.

Does that mean liberals will focus on advancing the positive outcomes of the last election?

What positive outcomes?

Do you mean the 2014 election, where turnout was the lowest on record since WWII and less than 37% of eligible voters cast a ballot?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Then again, seeing how it's you, maybe you should.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Frankly, I've found that people who consider themselves "liberal" or "conservative" are close-minded and display all of the traits listed in the OP because they staunchly stick to the core beliefs of their "label" and refuse to accept that their chosen side might be wrong about something.

Most intelligent people are somewhere in the middle and admit that both sides of the fence have some things right and some things wrong. Intelligent people don't need a "team" to tell them what they're supposed to believe.

Staunch liberals are annoying and staunch conservatives are annoying but they spend all their time arguing over who's wrong about what.

I don't associate with any label because they're all bullshi+.
edit on 3/10/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Frankly, I've found that people who consider themselves "liberal" or "conservative" are close-minded and display all of the traits listed in the OP because they staunchly stick to the core beliefs of their "label" and refuse to accept that their chosen side might be wrong about something.

Most intelligent people are somewhere in the middle and admit that both sides of the fence have some things right and some things wrong. Intelligent people don't need a "team" to tell them what they're supposed to believe.

Staunch liberals are annoying and staunch conservatives are annoying but they spend all their time arguing over who's wrong about what.

Except often times you don't get to choose, such labels are placed on you because of your stance, I was or thought I was a middle of the road kinda guy, pragmatic sober and such, then I found out my list of beliefs are liberal, lemme ask you this you say you are a middle of the road person, with that in mind should you run for congress do you think you have any chance of getting elected if you ran as a moderate Republican.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Answer

Except often times you don't get to choose, such labels are placed on you because of your stance, I was or thought I was a middle of the road kinda guy, pragmatic sober and such, then I found out my list of beliefs are liberal, lemme ask you this you say you are a middle of the road person, with that in mind should you run for congress do you think you have any chance of getting elected if you ran as a moderate Republican.

I wouldn't have a chance getting elected with any label because I don't toe either party's line.

Even "moderate" Republicans have a lot of idiotic ideas. Same with "moderate" Democrats.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Surrounded by D-bags?
I think that is true, 'conservative' d-bags.

If you read the posts herein, the outrage expressed by 'conservatives' is palpable. They hate. Doesn't matter much as to what they dislike, they immediately move to a hate state. This is because they KNOW they are correct. Some religious, political or media authority has given them carte blanche or a blank check (so conservatives can understand that French stuff) to pursue their meanness completely.

They are not willing to part with their money, concepts or righteousness. They are basically humorless, unaccepting and rigid in dogma. This makes their inflexibility, rudeness and stupidity readily apparent to everyone BUT thenselves.

They think that they are normal expressions of humanity.

In truth I believe I know why they are against abortion and any anti-bun laws. If society knew what they would become they'd be aborted. If they didn't have guns they'd be powerless.

The distinct attribute of non-reasoning (or biased without measure of it) is typical of nearly every policy that they advocate. What I fail to understand (being a leftie, we actually admit these things) is what they actually want. It's not peace. It's not an equitable distribution of the bounty presented to the world. It's not justice for everyone. It's not scientific truth. It's not equal rights.

Best yet, they tell you that they have plans. Plans based on neolithic reasoning, dis-proven theories and non-factual data don't amount to much as measured, frankly, by their betters. We are better than them. They hate that. They don't want to concede that. They will fight that thought, that they are inferior chuckleheads who are merely tolerated.

The question evolves from this, 'Why are they tolerated?' Because progressive minds must allow for differences in order to grow more sophisticated. No 'conservative' beds this notion in their cranium because they KNOW how it should(n't) be.

They will kill you to prove you wrong. Progressives will try to convince you and then, after every argument fails to sway you, ignore your existence because, by our standards, you are not human but you still might become one.

Like Carnegie.

edit on WednesdayamWed, 11 Mar 2015 09:51:50 -050092015 by largo because: Clarifying language

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: largo

Just because you sit across from someone on an issue doesnt mean they are against you. You oppose whom you choose yourself as your enemy of sorts.

Hate here is negligible. People are engaging in sticky fingered key board poo poo slinging on both sides. Its really just dumb banter about whose side is better for what ever reason, or what side is worse for what ever other reason....political sides....to a world they are all pawns in with no voice or vote.

Like I said, we are idiots. If you really choose a side then good luck winning. I choose to not play the games of politicians. No human should have an issue with another over the ideas in his head.

Lay off the conservative bashing or even just slight joshing at a party here and there...and the other side should have about half of a reason to do those things to you.

Also, yes, liberal douche bags. Liberals in their extremes are douche bags like conservatives in their extreme are assholes.

edit on 3 11 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would people voting for their interest surprise you?
Because of your 'conservative' leanings you surely must have some reasoning for this?

Should they vote for the Repulsicans who essentially state they are going to screw them and have shown a historical pattern doing so?

Ever wonder why progressives can not get a hold on the snake fest contained in conservative minds?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

People who have agendas that are self-serving do not need to be appreciated as 'honest brokers'. That is the flaw in our reasoning.
I AM an ignorant person. I do not choose to be and I am rather intense about minimizing my lack of knowledge.
Since I do devote some effort to this gathering of information, I find it offensive when people who are also ignorant, only more so than me, offer up prescriptions founded on fantasy and a delusion of having worthwhile opinions.
If they are amenable to examining their clearly incorrect stances, such as Jesus atop a dinosaur, yes, you can work with them. When they are actively promulgating BS and are assured of their right to do so, they are indeed D-BAGS. I find that the overwhelming percentage of 'conservatives' fit into this category.
Progressives must make allowances for a tightly reasoned and supported arguments. Otherwise they fail themselves and the concerns that they have.
'Conservatives' have only the consolidated pantry of stale ideas that they MUST defend regardless of cost. They do not CARE for alternates. They hate being wrong and inferior which is abundantly clear whenever they are confronted. They are supreme egoists in that they can not be convinced by facts. They LOVE living in echo chambers of retarded reflections.
I do not defend being who I am (much like your canto by-line) but I CAN tell you why I got this way. If yo ask a 'conservative' it's not so evident that they are anything other than a byproduct of studied ignorance and fractious upbringings.
I am not joshing and I can cite relevant studies displaying that 'conservatives' are essentially an underclass. An underclass that hates being so.
I guess what I just said is, don't pontificate to me about appreciating stupidity. I do.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
Surrounded by D-bags?
I think that is true, 'conservative' d-bags.

If you read the posts herein, the outrage expressed by 'conservatives' is palpable. They hate. Doesn't matter much as to what they dislike, they immediately move to a hate state. This is because they KNOW they are correct. Some religious, political or media authority has given them carte blanche or a blank check (so conservatives can understand that French stuff) to pursue their meanness completely.

They are not willing to part with their money, concepts or righteousness. They are basically humorless, unaccepting and rigid in dogma. This makes their inflexibility, rudeness and stupidity readily apparent to everyone BUT thenselves.

They think that they are normal expressions of humanity.

In truth I believe I know why they are against abortion and any anti-bun laws. If society knew what they would become they'd be aborted. If they didn't have guns they'd be powerless.

The distinct attribute of non-reasoning (or biased without measure of it) is typical of nearly every policy that they advocate. What I fail to understand (being a leftie, we actually admit these things) is what they actually want. It's not peace. It's not an equitable distribution of the bounty presented to the world. It's not justice for everyone. It's not scientific truth. It's not equal rights.

Best yet, they tell you that they have plans. Plans based on neolithic reasoning, dis-proven theories and non-factual data don't amount to much as measured, frankly, by their betters. We are better than them. They hate that. They don't want to concede that. They will fight that thought, that they are inferior chuckleheads who are merely tolerated.

The question evolves from this, 'Why are they tolerated?' Because progressive minds must allow for differences in order to grow more sophisticated. No 'conservative' beds this notion in their cranium because they KNOW how it should(n't) be.

They will kill you to prove you wrong. Progressives will try to convince you and then, after every argument fails to sway you, ignore your existence because, by our standards, you are not human but you still might become one.

Like Carnegie.

Thanks for proving my point. I could replace "conservative" with "liberal" and slightly change the wording in your post and it would be starred by conservatives.

Don't you see that the stereotypes and hate have been stirred up by politicians and pundits to divide us? You believe that conservatives are racist, bible-thumping, hate-filled money-grubbers and conservatives believe that liberals are hippy-dippy, tree-hugging, godless, abortion-loving stoners. Just stop. Throughout history, people rarely hate each other without excessive prodding by their "leaders."
edit on 3/11/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: xuenchen

Why would people voting for their interest surprise you?
Because of your 'conservative' leanings you surely must have some reasoning for this?

Should they vote for the Repulsicans who essentially state they are going to screw them and have shown a historical pattern doing so?

Ever wonder why progressives can not get a hold on the snake fest contained in conservative minds?

I'm not surprised. Why would you think I am?

But I wonder why people keep voting for Democrats when the Democrats they vote in keep failing and amplifying the problems.

Poverty and high crime has constantly increased under Democrat rule.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

I think you are still not really getting it-

Yes there is a good and bad side, you are on the good side, nothing more to see.

Simples.

a reply to: Answer

dont even bother sir. This is the opposite end of the spectrum of closed minded and fanatical lunacy...just from the other side. Extremists can only get tired or learn from their mistakes. They dont listen.

Some people arent meant to understand beyond a certain level of reasoning. Anything beyond left VS right makes their heads hurt in confusion. Thats when bad leaders get elected by what ever arbitrary colored team they choose..

it might as well be reds VS blues. Idiots.

edit on 3 11 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Whatever the hell it is...it must be in the water to cause this much complete pure BS........IOH...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just in case the message isn't received. After all we all know how proggies like to stick their fingers in their ears when something is being said or typed that they don't like.

All this OP is, is another attempt to divide. That's the progressive way. They're idiots and they don't even need 4 steps to do it in.

Let's see...history shows us that progressives are...

Racist
Intolerant
Divisive (if not in power, and
when so, even more so)
Love Tyranny
Hate Freedom
Hate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights (Because those give others to voice their opposition and fight back)

As far as I am concerned, proggies have hijacked the DNC because they weren't extreme enough and now they whine about others who voice their concerns and even fight back.

What a bunch of wussified D-Bags!
edit on 11-3-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Just in case the message isn't received. After all we all know how proggies like to stick their fingers in their ears when something is being said or typed that they don't like.

All this OP is, is another attempt to divide. That's the progressive way. They're idiots and they don't even need 4 steps to do it in.

Let's see...history shows us that progressives are...

Racist
Intolerant
when so, even more so)
Love Tyrant
Hate Freedom
Hate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights (Because those give others to voice their opposition and fight back)

As far as I am concerned, proggies have hijacked the DNC because they weren't extreme enough and now they whine about others who voice their concerns and even fight back.

What a bunch of wussified D-Bags!

Not playing games with you, but I could say that republicans are:

Racist
Intolerant
when so, even more so)
Love Tyrant
Hate Freedom

with as much correlating evidence as you can about the democrats.

All republicans want to do is divide us. Listen to Hannity, Limbaugh and the rest of those hacks...I mean really listen and you'll see that their only job is to brainwash, divide and condition us to hate our fellow countrymen. It's not good, eh?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't watch, nor listen to those hacks. They're nothing but paid opinionists and I don't need them trying to form any opinion for me. I have my own brain that I can use. But you did forget, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, etc, etc...They practice that art as well.

I am a Constitutional citizen through and through and every time I see some idiot proggie or Repub try to reduce or even take away our rights as citizens, I get pissed off.

But it seems like the proggies are really pushing the envelope these days because they know their days are numbered in power. It'll be like the years after Carter again... I want to see a Congress SCOTUS and POTUS who looks after the Country as a whole, not just those who benefit themselves or a certain group.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I don't watch, nor listen to those hacks. They're nothing but paid opinionists and I don't need them trying to form any opinion for me. I have my own brain that I can use. But you did forget, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, etc, etc...They practice that art as well.

I am a Constitutional citizen through and through and every time I see some idiot proggie or Repub try to reduce or even take away our rights as citizens, I get pissed off.

But it seems like the proggies are really pushing the envelope these days because they know their days are numbered in power. It'll be like the years after Carter again... I want to see a Congress SCOTUS and POTUS who looks after the Country as a whole, not just those who benefit themselves or a certain group.

I'm with you on most of this post, except that you seem to thing conservatives are better than liberals or republicans are better than Democarts...they aren't. The republicans are every bit as much in the pocket of big corporations, the military industrial complex, the secret alphabet agencies and the billionares that help support them.

The big lie is that conservatives can help us. They can't they're half the problem. In my mind more...maybe 70% of the problem but for the sake of discussion, I'll give you 50%. So where does that leave us?

You mentioned mathews and maddow. I'll admit they do spew propaganda as well, but usually they aren't as hateful or divisive as their conservative counterparts. Maybe it's because they aren't as good at their jobs? they're more incompetent at the propaganda game? Not sure.

But don't think conservatives can save us. Think Mitch McConnel, Cruz, Bush, The dumb*** that wrote that letter. We're in bad shape if you're counting on them to save us!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

By no means do I think Conservatives are any better than others. Every one has bad apples in their group without exception. I don't consider progressives to be either Liberals or Democrats as well. It is a totally different mindset/ideology, and one that I can't agree with. Progressives are a bushel of bad apples IMO. Nothing good has ever come from their ranks.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join