It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Propose a New Federal Agency: The Department of Peacebuilding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

the sentiment of peacebuilding is good so why not try it? Can it seriously be any worse than it currently is or do you just want to wait and find out?

The problem is that the people that are creating those bills and regulations are not the politicians but rather corporations that need to cross into grey areas to beat last years profit for infinity.

The corporations spend millions yearly to have teams of lawyers that draft, consult and create the laws in this country for our congress to robsigns. That is why you got Pelosi saying ."we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it" , she wasn't kidding. Their job is to robosign.

Do you think the politicians who are known for their superior ethical morals are the ones drafting these laws for the benefit of the poeple. Or the Lobbying corporate special interest groups with a dream team of lawyers?

Anyhow the jyst of it is:
That as long as you have corruption, deception, and conflict of interest in gov't you shouldn't give them more power nor believe them when they tell you they just want to help the majority of the people.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Funny thing! Megadeth had it for sale a long time. But no one bought it.
Listen world.. I love you all. It's the government that intercedes ...

Why? Why are we subjected to hate each other? Bahhh!
I'm drinking more! I'm in the start of a sleep study. A home test.. I'm sure to fail now.
Thanks all that contributed to the post.
As each and everyone got a rise out of me...
The culmination is coming...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

That as long as you have corruption, deception, and conflict of interest in gov't you shouldn't give them more power nor believe them when they tell you they just want to help the majority of the people.

It's one thing to accept the status quo but quite another when at least someone is proposing positive ideas as an alternative.

Whether lies or not, it's nice to hear political news from the U.S. that isn't attached to some conflict or shady dealing

edit on -180002015-03-09T22:49:21-05:00u2131201521032015Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:49:21 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

It's one thing to accept the status quo but quite another when at least someone is proposing positive ideas as an alternative.

Whether lies or not, it's nice to hear political news from the U.S. that isn't attached to some conflict or shady dealings

Sure it is , but unfortunately there are consequences to allowing yourself be talked into the nice Lamborghini that you deserve and always wanted by the used car salesman. Than finding out that Lamborghini really wasn't a Lamborghini but rather a kit car with a one cylinder engine that is partly broken and then having to make payments on something you never afforded in the first place.

So you are left in debt, with a product you never expected or wanted, that will financially ruin you.

Its not that I’m being pessimistic its that I'm being logical .

You can't expect a gov't with conflict of interest and dependent on special interest groups to do what is best for mankind over profit .

Its just not going to happen, you will end up with a broken kit car and Lamborghini payments.
edit on 05331America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2015 23:05:37 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

All the liberal Dem's have to do is get help for there progressive liberal mental disorder, quit hating and ridiculing anyone who disagrees with them and they will have all the peace they can handle. IMO

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Whether lies or not, it's nice to hear political news from the U.S. that isn't attached to some conflict or shady dealings

Sure it is , but unfortunately there are consequences to allowing yourself be talked into the nice Lamborghini that you deserve and always wanted by the used car salesman. Than finding out that Lamborghini really wasn't a Lamborghini but rather a kit car with a one cylinder engine that is partly broken and then having to make payments on something you never afforded in the first place.

So you are left in debt, with a product you never expected or wanted, that will financially ruin you.

Its not that I’m being pessimistic its that I'm being logical .

You can't expect a gov't with conflict of interest and dependent on special interest groups to do what is best for mankind over profit .

Its just not going to happen, you will end up with a broken kit car and Lamborghini payments.

Nice metaphor use but to be instantly dismissive of an idea, no matter how crazy some aspects of it may sound, is a kind of ignorance in itself.

I get the idea that there's some folks who just don't care about how things are shaping up, whether that's living with your head in the sand or just not giving a f*ck, that's fine but I find it insulting when stuff like this is posted and then people just tear the crap out of it without even breaking it down or comparing it to how things currently are.

Like going on a rant is productive, it isn't

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

All the liberal Dem's have to do is get help for there progressive liberal mental disorder, quit hating and ridiculing anyone who disagrees with them and they will have all the peace they can handle. IMO

Says the guy who just accused millions of people he doesn't know of having a mental disorder.

Hate and ridicule much, "Battle"?

/eyeroll emoticon needed

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The nicer the name the worse it will be. With a name like Department of Peacebuilding, they'll duct-tape your eyes open so you can watch as they set fire to your dog while it's still alive. But don't worry it's for peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: grandmakdw

This thread isn't about my country, the U.K. is slowly going the way of the U.S. but thankfully, we can change that.

Why should the US pay for everything and for everyone around the world to be happy?

This is a domestic issue and not international. And I bet the U.S. DON'T make everyone happy around the world.

This agency is too costly, too intrusive in the daily lives of citizens

NEWSFLASH, the NSA probably already know your favourite sex position and cereal brand.

Well, then, a domestic issue, not international.

Guess your obligation is to mind your own business

when it comes to another countries domestic issues,

since you don't want to see this in your own country.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your right, my bad.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I thought that the US government was all about piece building, so now they want to open a new money pit to do the same thing? It's like they can't drill enough holes in a sinking ship so they are making bigger drill bits .

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

The nicer the name the worse it will be. With a name like Department of Peacebuilding, they'll duct-tape your eyes open so you can watch as they set fire to your dog while it's still alive. But don't worry it's for peace.

It's always at the end of a gun where peace is found.

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

6 Democrats out of 188 dems in Congress pitched this?

I'd have to read it to figure out what they are getting at, but my first thought is...Both Dems and GOP push these go nowhere bills all the time to make a statement.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
in the end all government is force. therefore this proposal is to use force to enforce thier idea of peace. this shows they are not thinking as adults but are lost in some malformed utopian thinking.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Guess your obligation is to mind your own business

Erm no, last time I checked we're all on this planet and while arms continue to pump out of the U.S. and their aggressive foreign policies continue I will not do that as it puts everyone at risk, or at least will eventually.

since you don't want to see this in your own country.

Where did I say that? The topic is about the U.S. so don't get all defensive because you may get deprived of your violence and Disney shows.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sorry at work so a really quick reply just to mark this.

Wasn't there a Ministry of Peace in the book 1984??? Scary scary. All we need is another department telling us the best way to live our lives.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Sadly, not going to happen

any more than an Orwellian

"Bureau of Peace"

is actually going to bring peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I can just see it now...

The DOP vs The DHS:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Every time something like this is proposed I think " how much do you want to piss away now?"

Another useless thing to make our lives that much crappier.

Great. Bring it on wazoos.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dems Propose a New Federal Agency: The Department of Peacebuilding

Next up: The department of redundancy redundancy department

<< 1  2   >>

join