It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Voice Your Opinon to Congress Quickly and Easily on Patriot Act II!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Patriot Act II is legislation being considered by our government, much of which is diametrically opposed to the inherent freedoms we as Americans are used to, and outlined in our Constitution. The scope of this article is not to analyse PA2 (although links will be provided for that), but rather to provide a resource for those that would like to email or call their Congressman about PA2.

There's an old saying: "Squeeky wheel gets the grease." And in politics it can ring true as well. If you want to voice your opinion on PA2 or any other legislation, this article may provide you with some of the quickest and easiest means available to contact your representatives by email or phone.

The Basics
First, you may want to familiarize yourself with the basics of contacting your representatives in Congress- Useful tips, proper headers, and more!

Recommended Site
A very useful and informative site, voice4change.org, takes "making it easy to contact Congress" to the next level- very easy:

You can contact any of your representatives or senators literally within minutes. voice4change also allows you to track your representative's votes- another very useful tool. But they didn't stop there- you can also get automatic emails if you wish for alerts and other voting news, as well as track current legislation, a forum, and more. Whether you just want to send a quick email or whether you want to become more educated, voice4change.org presents quite an elegant, simple to use, free service. A+ (Just to check them out a bit, I did a whois, and they have been registered since May 14th, 2002, with a Los Angeles, CA address and phone number displayed. The pointed statement on the home page "...take our country back..." IMO does not outweigh the usefullness of this site.)

Contacting All 50 Senators At Once
Webmail form, already addressed to all 50 Senators, with precomposed, editable letter

This caught my eye as one of the fastest ways you could possibly reach all 50 senators with a couple of fill in boxes for email and name, a precomposed letter which you can completely change if you want, and one mouse click to send it to all 50 at once. Since this site covers very nicely most any need for congressional interaction, I think you will find it most likely will meet your needs as well.

Other Contact Congress Sites
www.visi.com

Contacting your leaders in Congress is now easier than ever with ready-made webmail forms, and most people in Congress have this method available on their websites. You can start by finding out how many senators and representatives represent you and all the people in your zip code. This is made very easy at the website listed above. Simply select your state, type in your zipcode, and you will get a small list of your two senators and representative(s) for that zipcode, along with their phone/fax numbers and web email (in most cases). A click on their webmail/email link over to the right takes you directly to a web contact form addressed to that person.

In summary, whether you approve or dissaprove of the act, the above links can help you voice your opinion. Below are more links to further assist.

Related News Links:
www.bordc.org
capwiz.com
www.bordc.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Want to know whats in the Patriot Act 2?
Alert: Patriot Act 2 on Verge of Passing Says Ron Paul
News gathering to be illegal under Patriot Act 2?!?!?

[edit on 18-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ah yes. Once a the democratic United States of America, then to the Republic of America, an now we have the Fascist States of America. But soon, through PA II, the Nazism of America. What next?

I swear to freaking god...I'm moving to Europe before 2012!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentiencedesign
Ah yes. Once a the democratic United States of America, then to the Republic of America, an now we have the Fascist States of America. But soon, through PA II, the Nazism of America. What next?

why soon europe will be as bad as here..

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
after the bush family are gone in four years term.you can go back and fix the damage of the patriot act with new laws.there nothing really written in stone now a days.so sit it out and just wait for father time to remove the mistakes of bad government.we know look how many times up here canada has been sold out and sold down the river.some of us up here are still waiting to get really good pm.flukemol........

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

why soon europe will be as bad as here..

Even so, it'll happen here (U.S.) before it happens in Europe. Especially since most everyone there saw the horrific scenes from WWII, they haven't forgotten, and they will fight much harder than before.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It seems we missed the first step to avoid all this. Voting in the right candidate. nothing can be done and no one will listen.

We are done for, thanks to the wise people inhabiting the USA.

We deserve Patriot Act 2 and much more for being stupid.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It seems we missed the first step to avoid all this. Voting in the right candidate. nothing can be done and no one will listen.

Speak for yourself.
I voted for the other guy.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ah yes. Once a the democratic United States of America, then to the Republic of America, an now we have the Fascist States of America.

We never were a Democracy, since the beginning we were a Republic.

As for the Patriot act if those would don't want to live under those kind of conditions would VOTE and let there Representatives know that they will be out on their asses if the vote for it, instead of sitting on their couch whining about what THEY are allowing the country to become things would change.

It would help if the Republicans would realize that the people in charge are Republicans in name alone. Remember when they were for LESS government controls and interference in your lives? I do. People need to quit supporting their party NO MATTER WHAT and hold them responsible for their actions.

Voting Democrat will not really help because they just take turns raping us. Third parties are the ONLY way we will see any change. If Kerry had won do ANY of you think he would not be doing the same thing? Would we not STILL have the Patriot act? Of course we would

Libertarian, Green, Constitution, Independent are all good choices, ANYTHING to break the stranglehold the Big two have on OUR government

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhat

Originally posted by dgtempe

Speak for yourself.
I voted for the other guy.

what do you mean voted for the other guy??

They are on the same damn team...

Providing you voted for Kerry.. come on they are both related and they both went thru skull and bones... gee.. some people...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Remember, it is actually the corporations that are controlling our destiny. The "chess" game plays on- and they are enjoying what they are doing to us.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

We never were a Democracy, since the beginning we were a Republic.

Oh. And here I was thinking that our forefathrs had a nice plan, damn them! (no sarcasm, I actually want to damn them for providing ways for their future offspring to 'take turns' in power, rather than having one offspring hold it for their entire lifetime.)

Oh well. Anyone else see another religion coming out of Christianity now, like Christianity came out of the ever oppressive Rome (to the Jews)? Although, eventually Rome adapted it because it saw itself loses political power, and the only way to save itself was to gain it back through a 'nulling' religion.

/confused

top topics

join