It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quetzalcoatl: An ET from Egypt originally, who went to America to stop human sacrifice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: kiwasabi

Some people have made connections to the Sumerian God Ningishzidda (son of Enki)

No. Ningizzida was the son of Ninazu.

Quetzalcoatl means the feathered serpent.

No, that is only one translation. Precious Twin is more accurate, given that he HAD a twin

Quetzalcoatl was an extraterrestrial from Egypt who was given the mission to stop human sacrifice in Central and South America.

Then he did a pretty sh## job of it

Reading a stupid fraud's musing is no substitute for academic study.

Who knows he could have been a serpent god, we really dont know we can only speculate. Serpent gods could be out there, there may be a host of things we dont know. I think the ancients had many legends of animal types of gods which were shape shifters some bird like while others were serpentine. I look at earth and see there is a variety of life, I would imagine interplanetary advanced races may be just as diverse as our plant, insect, and animal life on earth.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

the opposing deity, Tezcatlipoca ("Smoking Mirror"), a god of the night, had reputedly driven Quetzalcoatl into exile. According to yet another tradition he left on a raft of snakes over the sea

www.pantheon.org...

He climbed on a raft woven of snakes and set off toward Sun, who was beginning his morning journey across the heavens. Some observers heard Quetzalcoatl exclaim, "Some day I will return to my people and my land." Others watched Quetzalcoatl's body burn up from the heat of Sun's rays. They say that his ashes became transformed into a colorful array of birds. The birds rose high into the air and carried his heart into the heavens where it became the morning star that we call Venus.

Once Quetzalcoatl had tasted wine, he could not resist it. He drank bowl after bowl, until he had consumed five containers of wine and was very drunk.

www.bsu.edu...

lol

Quetzalcoatl left to meet with his father the "Sun" then became "Venus" promising his return. He is also referenced in many crop circles and some people believe he also created some
edit on 10-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Some people have made connections to the Sumerian God Ningishzidda (son of Enki)

No. Ningizzida was the son of Ninazu.

Quetzalcoatl means the feathered serpent.

No, that is only one translation. Precious Twin is more accurate, given that he HAD a twin

I wasn't aware of Ninazu, thanks. Do you believe that Ningizzida and Quetzalcoatl (the deity) are linked?

I hadn't seen Quetzalcoatl translated as "Precious Twin" before but I was aware of Xolotl. This is only in regard to the deity though right? I don't believe Quetzalcoatl the man had a twin brother.

I suppose since you only pointed out things I got wrong that everything else must be right, yeah? Lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord
It's true, there are a host of things we dont know. I was just pointing out some glaring errors in kiwasabi's thread. If he got these things wrong then he didn't even fact check what he wrote.

I definitely agree a theoretical life-capable world might have diversity rivalling ours, there's just no chance it would remotely resemble anything found here, due to the massive role environment plays on evolution. I think you will really like this documentary, I think its the most plausible take:

Anyway, Quetzalcoatl being a feathered alien serpent teaching humans doesnt make any sense, reptile communication wouldnt be compatible with mammal methods. Carl Sagan once said it would be like a human trying to communicate with a flower. Hence when they sent those gold discs they didnt bother with language for this very reason, instead they used scientific concepts:

Theoretically, in order to teach someone, they have to already have some base understanding of the concepts referenced. So I find it incredibly unrealistic that an alien serpent could somehow communicate with humans.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiwasabi
I wasn't aware of Ninazu, thanks. Do you believe that Ningizzida and Quetzalcoatl (the deity) are linked?

If you study the gods you'll find there are more differences than similarities. But its possible information came by human endeavour, considering the Mesopotamian cultures predate South American by over 3000 years. They did have legends that a white wise man named Votan came from the east, and that's strikingly similar to Wotan.

I hadn't seen Quetzalcoatl translated as "Precious Twin" before but I was aware of Xolotl. This is only in regard to the deity though right? I don't believe Quetzalcoatl the man had a twin brother.

No, the king took the name of a god, common practice the world over. Either claim reincarnation or descent from a deity, to legitimise your rule.

I suppose since you only pointed out things I got wrong that everything else must be right, yeah? Lol.

That's good logic.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Anyway, Quetzalcoatl being a feathered alien serpent teaching humans doesnt make any sense, reptile communication wouldnt be compatible with mammal methods. Carl Sagan once said it would be like a human trying to communicate with a flower. Hence when they sent those gold discs they didnt bother with language for this very reason, instead they used scientific concepts:

Theoretically, in order to teach someone, they have to already have some base understanding of the concepts referenced. So I find it incredibly unrealistic that an alien serpent could somehow communicate with humans.

Quetzalcoatl was a large man. He often wore a conical cap made from the skin of the jaguar and a cloak made from the feathers of the quetzal bird. He wore a chain of sea-shells around his neck and a chain of rattles around his ankles.
www.bsu.edu...

It doesn't seem that he was a alien serpent. It sounds like Quetzalcoatl was a large man that was associated with serpents because of the rattles around his ankles. Quetzalcoatl was born with his twin Xolotl (whom is also associated with "Venus"), of a virgin goddess Coatlique and that she was impregnated by a ball of feathers that she swept into the Temple. I am guessing this temple mentioned below

On the doorway of the El Castillo temple at Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico, there is a carved and bearded figure representing Quetzalcoatl.
www.ancientamerica.org...

It sounds like he was born on earth and learned language like children do. I keep finding sites saying Quetzalcoatl is also Jesus Christ. He does resemble him like ZetaRediculian mentioned in the beginning of the thread
edit on 10-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

As plausible as your statement sounds, I don't think someone would describe a hot air balloon as someone bursting into flames. Not to mention the balloons would've been quite sizable so to miss out the description of a large dome above the flames would've been a little stupid to do. With it being described as just a "large ball of fire", I'd happily go towards him being an ET who flew up in a ship. From a distance the glow from the craft could look very much like a ball of fire. But, this is the first I've heard of this story so I could easily be wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
So you believe a liar and a charlatain like Billy Meier over fairly well-known and documented history? Awesome. Hope that works out for you. Have fun in la-la land. Should you tire of the fantasy, I'll be happy to provide you with real sources that you can actually learn something from...

Have you ever actually spoken to Billy Meier?

Or did you get your Billy Meier information from the same con artist as everyone else who was planted to add bulls# in to Billy Meier's story?

Then maybe you should be calling that guy a liar and a charlatan instead!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Sorry, chum. I suppose my thread requires a prerequisite of having an open mind about the Billy Meier case. If you'd like to debate the Billy Meier case, please start a new thread. I've already reported your trolling tactics to the mods.

Having a different point of view from yours is not trolling.

Just because someone disagrees with you and isnt "ooohing and aaahing" in agreement with you does not constitute a troll.

Your post was totally uncalled for and the mods will see that

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So you believe a liar and a charlatain like Billy Meier over fairly well-known and documented history? Awesome. Hope that works out for you. Have fun in la-la land. Should you tire of the fantasy, I'll be happy to provide you with real sources that you can actually learn something from...

There's no need to goad the OP just because you don't have the capacity to understand info like this.I can assure you this is no where near scratching the surface of what has and is happening on this planet.

It is quite telling of the members of this site that you have been starred so much from such an ignorant comment.

I agree Billy Meier was on the red flag list, but some of His earlier work bears credence I would say.Historical fraud has been committed on a scale that makes Meier look like a saint!! We need to question everything In MSM these days.

A classic example is the cover up of Planet X and its imminent arrival..

All the best

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hi OP. I've had similar musings and hypothesis on the UFOlogy road. Now, with certain speakers about the UFO and Abduction phenomenon - you have what I like to call the prophets. Billy Meier's, Alex Collier, and the similar. I enjoy their narratives and story - but I, being of an occult mind believe that when they are saying they are in the presence of any non human entity - well, I don't believe they are here in our same mental plane or physical state when they are doing so.

These people are story weavers, (they actually get paid to speak at niche circuits about their experiences) and they very well may be telling the truth, in that they believe their experiences to be real. But perception, particularly in the mental or (astral) planes is a tricky thing. They are lying when they say they have any way of knowing the truth of the origin or cause of their experiences. Now, understanding this doesn't put me off from enjoying any of the UFO Prophets narratives. I enjoy them immensely. In my own vivid astral landscape - I have a few encounters of my own.

With the religion of UFOlogy - just like we saw with Christianity and the adoption of pagan ritual (ie. Christmas Tree, Yule log, 12 days of Christmas, Easter Bunny, Easter Eggs, etc.) - any good and upcoming and rising religious paradigm (control system) will build on the past - ancestral memory - to give context and meaning to the new archetypes and paradigm being repackaged into a concept that will sustain us in our future endeavors. Which happen to include leaving planet Earth and exploring our Solar System and then further into the abyss... So the evolution of our archetypes to the universal and extraterrestrial, shouldn't shock and bother us so much... but it does, for certain people. Oh well.

You might be interested to know, OP, that Semjase can be found in the obscure pages of lore of mythology. Particularly demonology.
I've been researching a story idea, so it's fresh in my mind and in my notes. Since it's interesting and the correlations are coincidental and anecdotal - I thought I'd share.

Semjase if you allow for a variant of similar spellings such as Semjaze, Semjaza, Semyaza, Semiaza, Shemhazai was one of the leaders of the rebellion in Heaven. Semyaza in written records, is recorded as a male. However , all angels were often viewed as androgynous, and referred to as male - with a few exceptions such as Lilith. Semjaza was a seraph who made the grievous mistake of falling in love with a mortal woman, named Ishtahar, who tempted the secret name of God from his lips.
Legend says, that in punishment - he was cast out into the heavens and now hangs between heaven and earth, head down and in part is the constellation of Orion. He had two sons by one of Eve's daughters. Hiwa and Hiya - Giant twins. They were so huge, so large and mighty that they consumed thousands of oxen, camels, and horses daily.

That's all I've got, as other members have covered Quetzalcoatl sufficiently.

CdT

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Have you ever actually spoken to Billy Meier?

Or did you get your Billy Meier information from the same con artist as everyone else who was planted to add bulls# in to Billy Meier's story?

Then maybe you should be calling that guy a liar and a charlatan instead!

What an elaborate conspiracy just to make an eccentric look... eccentric.

What a poor choice of hill on which to make a stand.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That is my way of checking your credibility within the conspiracist community.

Just saw this.

Humorous on a number of levels.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
double post glitch.
edit on 10-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Thank god, someone else who is waiting for Nibiru. I loved your post; very accurate. Hell, people are still going on about billy as if anything he ever mentions is immediately flagged as impossible.

Seriously people, stay in the political forums if you're so against unconventional concepts & the mere mention of someone labeled as a hoaxer gets you in a tizzy.

How is believing Quetzlcoatl wasn't an alien better than believing that he was?
That just seems so...boring.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
There's no need to goad the OP just because you don't have the capacity to understand info like this.I can assure you this is no where near scratching the surface of what has and is happening on this planet.

It is quite telling of the members of this site that you have been starred so much from such an ignorant comment.

I agree Billy Meier was on the red flag list, but some of His earlier work bears credence I would say.Historical fraud has been committed on a scale that makes Meier look like a saint!! We need to question everything In MSM these days.

All the best

I can't understand it....Yes, that must be it. It certainly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there is zero evidence supporting such outrageous claims, and mountains of evidence disproving them. But you're right, I must just not be able to understand it.....

I'm done wasting my time on the willfully ignorant. Have fun patting each others' backs.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

All the best

I can't understand it....Yes, that must be it. It certainly couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there is zero evidence supporting such outrageous claims, and mountains of evidence disproving them. But you're right, I must just not be able to understand it.....

I'm done wasting my time on the willfully ignorant. Have fun patting each others' backs.

Jesus Christ finally, now we can have some unhindered back patting about ideas that don't go along with mainstream sheeplism.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Jesus Christ finally, now we can have some unhindered back patting about ideas that don't go along with mainstream sheeplism.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

My interest is not in whether Billy Meier was a fraud, but who was Quetzacotyl. If you do not believe in aliens, or require "hard proof" then that is your opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

My interest is not in whether Billy Meier was a fraud, but who was Quetzacotyl.

Perhaps he was the winged reptile captured in this photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join