It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of people have to pay back their 2014 ObamaCare Subsidies to the IRS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yeah, except that the ACA is mostly based on the worst parts of Republican plans from Romneycare all the way back to the Heritage Foundation.

A liberal plan would have been single-payer, pure and simple. Make the premium Federal Cadillac plans available to everyone.

So, swing and a miss.

The people in MA voted on the Romneycare plan .. when was the vote on Obamacare, I did not know I got a say in it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBargisen
a reply to: xuenchen

Why are you so much against Obamacare??!? I don't get it. Here in Denmark we pay 39-43 % Taxes depending on where you live, but for those taxes we get FREE healthcare, free schools incl. university, and we even get money for studying! The equivalent of around 1000$ a month, on top of this we can take a studentloan for another 500$.
What is honestly so bad about healthcare paid by, by the population? Rich and poor? It makes equality, instead of making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

#USLogic #PraiseNWO

Because here in the US once you add everything up, we also pay around 43% in taxes but we get very little for it. Ineffective public schools, no health care, extremely expensive universities, and you can forget money for studying. If you want money for studying in the US you need to take out private loans at (depending on school/area) $30,000-$60,000 per year, with interest that accumulates from day 1, that you can't begin to repay for 5 years, and that can't even be discharged in bankruptcy.

With the amount we take in we could do all of those things but we don't. There are a couple reasons for this. The first is that we give most of that money to our large corporations in exchange for them keeping some jobs in the country. The second, bigger reason is that the US political system is so divided that every department is politicized and used as a weapon to attack the other side. A small example would be grade school science. One side wants creationism and intelligent design taught as the way the world came into being while the other wants to teach concepts like evolution.

So where does the money go? It just goes away, poorly managed by people who make careers out of saying the government can't run anything properly, who then justify their jobs by making government run as poorly as possible.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
LOL, you have me rollin on the floor.

Where were you when it was passed by the Democrats ONLY
who finagled the rules so they could pass it without
a single Republican vote.
Cooperative, my tears are flowing I'm laughing so hard.

A Republican strategy of letting the Democrats completely blow it is supposed to get them off the hook? They have their jobs as part of the checks and balances, they failed. The Republicans through inaction that could only be considered criminal negligence helped the ACA to pass. They are as equally responsible for it as everyone else.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nice attempt at redirect.

Colossal ineptitude by the Dems in passing an unread bill.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I remember lots of attempts made by Republicans to have a say in the process, but I also remember lots of closed door meetings to which none of them were invited and a general refusal to entertain any of their ideas. As the president said in those days, "He won."

There was no attempt to work with Republicans. They didn't have to and they didn't want to. It was obvious, and they showed in the end they didn't need to. The only way they would have worked with Republicans would have been to allow them to vote for the final bill so they if, when, it failed later, they could blame them for it like you are all trying to do now.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Methinks Heritage doth protest too much.

Here are the facts:

1. Individual mandate.
2. Tax Penalties
3. State Level Exchanges

Sure, the Democrats voted it in, but the Republicans own this one, hook, line and sinker.

But, what I'm really excited about is to see what their replacement plan is!

When are they going to be putting that plan into motion again?

Getting rid of this monster and putting a free-market-mom-and-apple-pie-praise-jesus healthcare reform plan in?

I'm excited to see what this Congress does ... if it ever does anything!
edit on 7Tue, 10 Mar 2015 07:42:23 -050015p072015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You should be delighted to know that the republicans aren't doing a damn thing about Obamacare.

Just gonna let it sail its course. If you like your Obamacare, you....... Ahh STFU and pay for your overpriced POS plan or get fined.

Merica!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Let me see if I understand this correctly, people are owing money back because the falsely "estimated" their income? Sounds like people were trying to scam and got busted!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

LOL, you have me rollin on the floor.

Where were you when it was passed by the Democrats ONLY
who finagled the rules so they could pass it without
a single Republican vote.
Cooperative, my tears are flowing I'm laughing so hard.

A Republican strategy of letting the Democrats completely blow it is supposed to get them off the hook? They have their jobs as part of the checks and balances, they failed. The Republicans through inaction that could only be considered criminal negligence helped the ACA to pass. They are as equally responsible for it as everyone else.

Voting NO is not an inaction
it is an active action.

You are totally wrong on this one.

Voting NO says this is wrong, this is bad, do not pass it
we totally disagree with passage of this bill
and what was the Democratic response
go to he.. Republicans
we are going to do it anyway.
That was basically what many of them
said, although much more diplomatically
on lots of news shows.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Another classic.

[....continues to watch Obama]

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

the same thing that happened to the Mayans and Aztecs

The Mayans are believed to have been absorbed by other civilizations like the Aztecs and the Aztecs were conquered by the Spanish. Those two empires didn't exactly die the same way as Eurocentric civilizations died.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

You should be delighted to know that the republicans aren't doing a damn thing about Obamacare.

Just gonna let it sail its course. If you like your Obamacare, you....... Ahh STFU and pay for your overpriced POS plan or get fined.

Merica!

Actually, I am completely despondent to know that the Republicans aren't doing anything about Obamacare.

I had really high hopes for the 114th Congress.

I don't like Obamacare; I prefer a universal plan, single-payer, for all Americans.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I notice that you're not even trying to deny that the ACA derived directly from the Heritage Foundation, numerous Republican Healthcare Reform Plans, Romneycare, etc. etc.

What exactly does any of that have to do with Obama Care being passed by democrats?

I don't care if Bush, Reagan, Bush, and Romney wrote the entire bill, then wallowed naked on the paper. None of that has anything to do with the BILL BEING PASSED. you may think of taking a civics course at the local community college.
we didn't want it, and the republicans didn't want it. Nobody listened and the bill was passed. (according to Pelosi, to find out what was in it.)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I notice that you're not even trying to deny that the ACA derived directly from the Heritage Foundation, numerous Republican Healthcare Reform Plans, Romneycare, etc. etc.

What exactly does any of that have to do with Obama Care being passed by democrats?

I don't care if Bush, Reagan, Bush, and Romney wrote the entire bill, then wallowed naked on the paper. None of that has anything to do with the BILL BEING PASSED. you may think of taking a civics course at the local community college.
we didn't want it, and the republicans didn't want it. Nobody listened and the bill was passed. (according to Pelosi, to find out what was in it.)

It has nothing to do with the ACA being passed by Democrats. I stated that. Everyone knows that.

My only statement was about the structure, essence or DNA of the legislation if you will ... which is pure Republican.

Tell you what ... I'll go take that civics course if you'll take one in basic reading comprehension.

Might do us both good!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

that sure is better. I thought you were thinking the republicans actually wanted this bill. It's a steaming turd that only a bonehead would pass. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that sure is better. I thought you were thinking the republicans actually wanted this bill. It's a steaming turd that only a bonehead would pass. Thanks for clearing that up.

It may be smelly, and it is certainly not what the Democrats promised, but it's worst points ARE what every Republican healthcare reform bill since the late 80s/early 90s embodied: individual mandate, tax penalties, state-level exchanges.

If you don't understand that, you need to sit in on the civics class with me!

(Looks like you're going to have a busy semester.)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

It may be smelly, and it is certainly not what the Democrats promised, but it's worst points ARE what every Republican healthcare reform bill since the late 80s/early 90s embodied: individual mandate, tax penalties, state-level exchanges.

Very true, and when the Republicans wanted it the Democrats hated it. Because neither party actually cares about getting anything done to help this country and our people, they care about making sure the other side does nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join