It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of people have to pay back their 2014 ObamaCare Subsidies to the IRS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
originally posted by: CharlesT

We were a proud and prosperous civilization once. What happened to us?

The same thing that happened to Rome

the same thing that happened to the British Empire

the same thing that happened to the ancient Egyptian civilization

the same thing that happened to the Mayans and Aztecs

The US is slowing dying and everything that has been done in the past 20 years in the name of "hope and change" has led to decline and decay.

edit on 10Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:08:06 -0500pm30903pmk091 by grandmakdw because: format

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ha, that is not all, for all those that are in the working class and do not even get any subsidies or benefits of any kind, but are the Obama care main target, they are to expect higher premiums this year also.

Because Obama care is like a gift that keep taking but giving you will never see it coming.

link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Either free or to pay $2,500/year less than they were already paying. Or just to keep what they already had and pay less for it ...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SBargisen

Why are you so much against Obamacare??!? I don't get it. Here in Denmark we pay 39-43 % Taxes depending on where you live, but for those taxes we get FREE healthcare, free schools incl. university, and we even get money for studying! The equivalent of around 1000$ a month, on top of this we can take a studentloan for another 500$.
What is honestly so bad about healthcare paid by, by the population? Rich and poor? It makes equality, instead of making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

#USLogic #PraiseNWO

SBargisen, the problem is that they Doctors, Hospitals and Medications cost many times more here in the USA than they do in your Denmark. The 39-43% taxes you pay would be well over 50% here, if we were to emulate your system without reducing the pay of our medical providers and getting attorney's (malpractice) out of the equation.

Our political leaders are not willing to bite the hands that feed them, and Americans would riot the country back into the stone age if we had to pay even your 39-43% level of taxes!

SOMETHING WILL GIVE eventually, but I have no idea what straw will eventually break the camel's back.

Ummmm, by the time you factor in state and local, some of us are paying those rates now or very close to.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yes we are.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Here in the south, I remember people that were rejoicing that Obama care was going to send them checks to pay for their health care at home.

Yes, some people were that ignorant, now all I hear is how much Obama crap is costing them.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yes, and as a woman, my prostate is now regularly examined for free too.

I could probably get sex re-assignment surgery also if I felt that I was suddenly a man for some reason. I'm sure my husband is thrilled to have that one in our policy.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Government! It's here and it's helping. Don't you feel every so much better off?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I'm in the same boat.. I just hate what is happening to the younger generations. They are being subjugated to the rule of a fascist dictatorial government that doesn't give a damn about their well-being other than a means to increase their wealth and power. Man, I hate what is happening now.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Hell I am a woman and I paying no only for my "female needs but also for all my future pregnancies" even when I don't even have an uterus.

The irony.

edit on 9-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Be careful not to choke!

Heritage Foundation, Stuart M. Butler, 1989

2) Mandate all households to obtain adequate insurance.

Many states now require passengers in automobiles to wear seatbelts for their own protection.

Under the Heritage plan, there would be such a requirement.

Is the ACA the GOP Healthcare Reform Plan from 1993?

Republican Sen. John Chafee of Rhode Island was the point man. The bill he introduced, Health Equity and Access Reform Today, (yes, that spells HEART) had a list of 20 co-sponsors that was a who’s who of Republican leadership. There was Minority Leader Bob Dole, R- Kan., Sens. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, Richard Lugar, R-Ind., and many others. There also were two Democratic co-sponsors.

Among other features, the Chafee bill included:

An individual mandate;

Creation of purchasing pools;

Standardized benefits;

Vouchers for the poor to buy insurance;

A ban on denying coverage based on a pre-existing condition.

How the Heritage Foundation Promoted the Individual Mandate

Health Care Reform from Conception to Final Passage

June 17, 2009 Three Democratic and three Republican Finance Committee Members hold the first of 31 bipartisan meetings to discuss the development of a health care reform bill. Over the course of the next three months, this group, Baucus, Grassley, Kent Conrad (D-N.D.), Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), and Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), met for more than 60 hours and the bipartisan principles they discussed became the foundation of the health care reform law.

I know that troublesome facts are mostly irrelevant to you. Still, truth is truth; someone might be interested.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
People that thought Obama.Care was "free" are in the same boat as people who think Voter I.D. means you can only vote if you have a special Voter picture I.D.

And then there are people who think the National Debt is the sum of all consumer debts like cars, houses, credit cards, etc.

many people have it all ass backwards.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Shucks.

That ended up being rejected at the time.

Democrats must have got the whole idea ass backwards.

I know I know.....Romney.

But Romney had a State legislature chock full of Mass Democrats !!!

He had a gun to his head.

Romney was forever contaminated beyond cure.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Don't blame the people, or the ignorance, lets blame the educational system that is failing the future of America.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

June 17, 2009 Three Democratic and three Republican Finance Committee Members hold the first of 31 bipartisan meetings to discuss the development of a health care reform bill. Over the course of the next three months, this group, Baucus, Grassley, Kent Conrad (D-N.D.), Olympia Snowe (R-Maine), Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), and Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), met for more than 60 hours and the bipartisan principles they discussed became the foundation of the health care reform law.

I know, I know, the Republicans didn't vote for it ... they just set it up. Right, right.

You will find Chuck Grassley's name on the same plans from the late 80s to the ACA.

But that's just a coincidence, the Democrats own it and should be ashamed of themselves!

Perhaps they learned their lesson about "working with" Republicans.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The Democrats sure were(are) suckers eh.

I'm "surprized" the 100's of them in Congress didn't protest.

Obama sure got klobbered too eh.

Even Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi voted YEA.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The Democrats sure were(are) suckers eh.

I'm "surprized" the 100's of them in Congress didn't protest.

Obama sure got klobbered too eh.

Even Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi voted YEA.

I notice that you're not even trying to deny that the ACA derived directly from the Heritage Foundation, numerous Republican Healthcare Reform Plans, Romneycare, etc. etc.

Unusually straightforward for you, Xuenchen ... are you feeling okay?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'm in the same boat.. I just hate what is happening to the younger generations. They are being subjugated to the rule of a fascist dictatorial government that doesn't give a damn about their well-being other than a means to increase their wealth and power. Man, I hate what is happening now.

Sorry to take so long for the response, Charles. I was hogtied
to The Blonde with her own server and in fact whole wait staff.

When we were a little younger I remember a circle of friends in
a far suburban to Chicago, frugal-rent two story frame-- we played
music in that place for almost two years, and went elsewhere to
do the same. The music, to my joy, never stopped. We still perform
infrequently and don't care about clapping, can't hear anymore anyway

In August of that summer I was watching with my jaw dropped as
John Dean and the rest described skullduggery on-camera the US
population had never thought possible. That clip from the afternoon
subcommittee hearing was only a taste of the next forty years...and
as the last veil was lifted from our shepherds, trust died for us then.

I hate how slowly it's happening too, otherwise they'd never have
gotten away with it. Death of 5,000 Cuts, and we're all Mako now

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The Human Species is devolving.

Only the few of us who legislated themselves into a ruling class, X.
Well, moral devolving anyway.
Jeff Rense's dad once said "The people who seek office should be
forever barred from holding it." Wow, close to Cheney's cautionary
about turning into Lord Acton on steroids.

The real de-evolution was more of a multifaceted mental mutilation
for the poor. I'm derf, and I can't tell if I approve this message...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Well derfreebie, I come from a different environment and the experiences of my youth are entirely different than yours but I ....

I truly do not know what to say here other than that the future depresses me. I remember what was and what we are becoming. What a pitty!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join