It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insomnia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It is working on 4:00 a.m. I am nodding at the computer console. Yet still I refuse to go to bed. Why?

Is it a fear that I will never wake up? A fear that I will miss "THE" all-important post, wherein some fellow seeker posts a map to where the grail is buried and it happens to be in my own back yard?

Maybe it is because I'm afraid I won't accomplish anything important? Because this is my only "alone time?" no boss or family; just the world of pure ideas?

Or is it because they are still beaming messages through the chip they implanted in my buttocks?

must . . . stah . . . .stay awake! . . . *blinking*

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
lol, i see what you mean. i have found myself snoozing at the keyboard while playing video games ALL THE TIME. at times i find myself asking.....myself....should i get a job soon? lol ill be getting one real soon, need da mulah

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
One of the things I hear after awhile from new parents is that they realize that they get over their fear of missing an 'event' and do try to sleep the best that they can. This is because when you stay up constantly waiting for something to happen, you get fatigued and when something really does happen and you are asleep there is more of a chance that you are in such a deep sleep that you can't wake from the noise. Makes sense to me.

With that said, I don't get more then 2 or 3 hours of sleep at a stretch. I would not say that I have insomnia as I am able to sleep, but sometimes an overactive brain is a pain in the ass.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Ya Ive had that to. Ill stay up so late for no reason just typin away or watchin tv. Personly I think Im afraid of something watchin me when Im asleep

top topics

join