It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying for meds you don’t need? Find out if your doctor is on the payroll of Big Pharma

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Well with the reputation that the FDA have and the way that the agency is underfunded, you very much can deduce that money from big pharma gets under the table and the FDA just walk the walk when it comes to turn a blind eye to the thousands of people including children that become casualties every year because oversight on prescribed drugs manufacturers.

Never trust a government agencies when our own politicians are in bed with corporations it can be deadly sometimes.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Thanks, this will be my 4 in the last 11 years, every time I come out with a different reaction to whatever the doctors use form pain killers to anesthesia.

But I been lucky so far.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

can I ask what surgery u are undergoing?

by the way well done to managing ur cholesterol and sticking to diet. also I would like to ask specificaly were u on prescription for cholesterol ? if yes,do u still use it or you are completely of it? if you stop ur chol medication (if u had it) how did you do it?
and last with ur healthy eating and so on how what was ur progress time wise and level wise
edit on 11-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I am having my second surgery related to shoulder problems, I am a big fan of exercising and do so every day if I can, but so much repetitive movements causes me to build up calcium deposits, I already have surgery on my right shoulder for rotator cuff damage due to calcium and three ruptured pectoral ligaments, this surgery I am having is in my left shoulder to remove the calcium build up before it becomes as bad as it was with my right shoulder.

When it comes to statin, I have been prescribed from crestor, to colestral or colestid (an older one in liquid form), to Lipitor, but within two weeks of taking them I develop terrible cramps in my muscles.

So the only way to stay away from them is keeping my cholesterol good with alternatives and is working.

edit on 11-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

my dearest had surgery cause of calcium buildup on lower back. once only.. the pain surgery gave her and she is not allergic to meds . oh mine!!! wow I can not imagine how you do it.. well done honest
wish u would be here we have a health magazine and run support groups always searching for people like urself. you are like a tine special grain
. brave people with brave stories to inspire (especially women) who are struggling

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Thanks so much, for the encouraging post, my doctor is amazing, I would not have the shoulder surgery with anybody else, he did my first one and I recuperated completely.

I also had calcium or spurs in my neck, hips and heels, they are common but when you are active and exercise a lot they tend to build up more due to repetitive movements injuring the same area over and over, sadly when we are young we don't feel it as much, but once we reach certain age and still active, that's when they start to become a problem.

I am no fan of pain killers so I will not take anything that is too strong because the problem with side effects.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join