It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Budget Programs Proven by Snowden

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Black projects are quite real, he's right about that. But he's not revealing anything that wasn't already known. The fact that they're real is obvious.

Agreed. I've never been shocked or surprised by anything Snowden has "revealed". Anyone paying attention for the last several decades already knew the NSA was snooping. This black budget thing is just another example of information that isn't new or novel.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

Corruption at the highest levels in government will make the poor and less fortunate their lives crappier than it already was and the living standard of the rich and fortunate more interesting. All focus of these government officials will be on protecting their own personal interests and those of their friends. Constructive politics which should result in a prosperous nation in which everybody can benefit is on a disabled backburner.

Indirect will this destabilize world peace and economy... Because these federal legislators provided the providence that nobody has the authority to do something about it. We as a planet head for serious trouble.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

You guys always give too much credit where there's a simpler answer. Incompetence. Instead of insisting that all the accounting programs were the same, or at least talked to each other, they let each contractor use their own software, some of which was proprietary. So you end up with a huge mass of software that doesn't even see the other accounting programs, let alone interface with them, which leads to a mess where you have a lot of money "missing" that isn't really missing.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree... incompetence is a very, very real phenomena and conspiracy theorists usually ascribe too much competence to the ruling powers...

however, a morass of incompetence is a good place to grab a few billion, no? Heh...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think it's completely crazy that you can make claims that things like this were known before Snowden.

It's not like NSA surveillance on Americans was in the news way back in 2005 or anything.

And black projects? Hah! It's not like the Aircraft Projects forum on ATS has anything about those.

You must be off your meds, bub!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you want to get an idea of some of the black budget programs you've been secretly paying for without any congressional oversight, watch these videos by Aeronautical Military Historian Michael Schratt.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

A very good documentary in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

Yes, but when you saw it before, it was from Snowden.

www.dailykos.com...

My question is did Snowden really fail to back up all of the data he'd gotten to multiple encrypted locations? Because it sounds like he gave everything he had to the Guardian in care of Glenn Greenwald.

Which would explain why there are so few documents being released, and why he's been begging to come back.

He's been gelded.

aHEMagain

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is it just coincidence that all of the evidence assembled to try and straighten out whether this was all just an honest accounting error was destroyed on 9/11? Leaving us with no way to ever answer whether there was a lot of money "missing" that actually wasn't?

Maybe Rumsfeld has a lucky rabbit's foot.

aHEMagain

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: aHEMagain

It wasn't destroyed. By 2002 roughly half had been accounted for. It was reported that there were accounting issues like this as early as 1999. The story on 9/10 wasn't anything new, nor was it a shock. By February of 2002 it was down to $700M.

edit on 3/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Chomsky is an idiot shill. He also says that there was no high level conspiracy behind JFKs assassination. Further claiming that the evidence against it being a "high level conspiracy" is overwhelming.

Yeah, I stopped listening and reading Chomsky when I heard him say that.

Everyone should remain skeptical of Snowden and question the information he leaks. His timing of information release seems strange due to the Hillary Clinton Email scandal.

The fact the American people haven't revolted over previous Snowden leaks that have been proven should be more concerning.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Chomsky is an idiot shill. He also says that there was no high level conspiracy behind JFKs assassination. Further claiming that the evidence against it being a "high level conspiracy" is overwhelming.

Right, so because you disagree with Chomsky on an issue it automatically makes him wrong on EVERYTHING else and an ''idiot shill''?

Makes so much sense

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
They can't draw industry and the jobs associated with industry nor can they spare a dime towards America's infrastructure or drop food and medicine to hurricane victims, but they can spend trillions on DARPA, Black-Ops and programs and world-wide communication retrieval for analysis and storage by utilizing "smart" technology to monitor "EVERYONES" phones, cell phones, computers and smart meters while they watch you by satellites and drones. Also, if anyone violates any of the massive new laws and for any reason they dream up that you "may" be a possible threat of any kind, they've made all the room necessary to incarcerate you without council, trial and evidence nor does your family need to be notified of their interests and hidden deliberations concerning you.

As to the "Snowden" declaration that informs us of the abusive and illegal actions our Govt. implemented towards it's citizens, and the costs of such programs, one should keep in mind the Govt. decided a free democratic society, and it's Congress and President, should not be aware of their questionable and/or criminal abuses or even the costs associated with their activity(s) and will prosecute you, whether whistle-blowers, journalists and anyone one who has balls, behind closed doors to the fullest extent of the Law.

Then they set before Congressional Hearings and lie through their teeth and the Media will say "they love you and doing these things to keep you safe." If you disagree and feel they have other motives, I recommend donning a ski mask and carry a "# YOU, AND THE HORSE YOU RIDE ON" sign and trek down the street to the intersection where they have cams and microphones on the street lights and let them know. Tell them both Presidents, Eisenhower & Kennedy, gave you the "heads-up" of their evil ways and Snowden is a Patriot and should be allowed home with a parade past Time's Square!

And let us not forget, give Snowden's job back with back pay, a promotion and given all access to all their bells and whistles to monitor all of his superiors conversations and actions on a daily basis and give the results to Greenwald to publish on-line.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes.
Maybe what just one of those black budget programs are actually doing with the money..... well now, that would be interesting.

That's what I was hoping to hear about. I thought it was common knowledge that we had black programs just like every other nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

World-renowned political dissident Noam Chomsky says NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden should be welcomed back to the United States as a hero. Meanwhile, those who authorized the government surveillance he exposed should be on trial, not him. Chomsky also argues that while mass surveillance has been ineffective in stopping terrorism, programs like the global U.S. drone war (which he called "drone assassination program") have helped spread terror to areas all around the world. "That’s a global assassination program, far and away the worst act of terror in the world. It’s also a terror-generating program." www.democracynow.org...

While I take serious issue with the curtailing of our liberties and the ridiculous amount of secrecy we have over us these days, I have to disagree with him on several levels. Has there been a foreign act of terrorism on US soil since 9/11? No. Are drone attacks terrorism? No. If you are on our list, we're coming for you. Because you reap what you have sown. Plant bombs in schools? Attack our citizens abroad? Again, we're coming for you. I have no issue with that at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Right, so because you disagree with Chomsky on an issue it automatically makes him wrong on EVERYTHING else and an ''idiot shill''?

Makes so much sense

Yeah, it does. It's called "credibility." Why would you listen to a guy who actually thinks there is nothing more to uncover about the JFK assassination? Either he's too stupid to see the truth or he's lying. Either way, hell with what he says about anything else, because his credibility is shot...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Makes so much sense

Yeah, it does. It's called "credibility." Why would you listen to a guy who actually thinks there is nothing more to uncover about the JFK assassination? Either he's too stupid to see the truth or he's lying. Either way, hell with what he says about anything else, because his credibility is shot...

... or it just makes him have a different opinion to yours

edit on -180002015-03-11T12:08:20-05:000000002031201520032015Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:08:20 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Carnivore? Eschelon?

Yeah, we knew about NSA snooping back in the 1990's.

Nothing new from Snowden from us folks paying attention. We were called "crazy" back then though for it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
I would believe what Snowden says about as much as I believe Obama.

Snowden is a **SNIP** joke.

OMG.

If you don't know by now the reality of black budget special ops, or deny it, "I can't even."

Dude, just look at the Iran-Contra affair. That is a somewhat black budget affair that got unveiled.

There are also lots of other verifiable examples, long before Snowden or this post.

edit on 11-3-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Carnivore? Eschelon?

Yeah, we knew about NSA snooping back in the 1990's.

Nothing new from Snowden from us folks paying attention. We were called "crazy" back then though for it.

Exactly, nothing I have heard from him is news really.

BUT, to the average citizen with their heads in the sand for a long time, it is news.

However, just as they didn't want to know or seek to know before Snowden, and just as they have always rationalized all government actions based on cognitive dissonance and comfort, they too have rationalized most of the Snowden topics, especially domestic surveillance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join