It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah officers heard mysterious voice that led them to infant who survived for 14 hours after car cra

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I could have sworn I read earlier this afternoon that it was hunters who stumbled on the car first & spotted the toddler. I remember thinking it was a good stroke of luck for them to come across it, because it was obscured from view from the road & wondered how many people already went past them without knowing it.

Voices on the other hand, I'm not buying. There is a thing called "projecting", and I'm more liable to believe that that officer badly wanted to find someone alive, and just happened to.

Edit: What a sock to the gut it would be for the responders if the voice they heard was real, but not Groesbeck's. I wonder how much area they combed over before leaving? There could have been another person(s) out there they overlooked thinking it was a dead woman talking.
edit on 3/9/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I wonder how much area they combed over before leaving? There could have been another person(s) out there they overlooked thinking it was a dead woman talking.

Not much to comb over.

As you can see, the area is pretty much barren.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Absolutely more plausible than any paranormal explanation. Or they are crazy, or this is a bull# story. Or it's ghosts. Nice strawman though.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I'd really like to see the coroner's report to see the estimated time of death.

I will wait for this before entertaining she was dead when she called for help.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

I don't think you understand what a straw man argument is?

Again, why do you think the officers are lying about hearing a voice? What would they gain from that? The "voice" could be anything. Maybe it's from the wind or something else.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

wasn,t going to reply to this thread but your 3 pics and saying look its barren? i could take 3 pics in a major city and make it look barren,how do u know there aint sky scrapers to the left and right of your last pic? all i see is a bridge.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

It DOES look barren.

There could be thick woods 500 feet away for all we know. The point is that right there that area looks barren. Is it possible that the passenger (if that person was there) would be thrown far away? Maybe. But then the officers wouldn't be able to hear the voice (they said it seemed to come from the car).

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Yes you see a bridge. It is in the boonies in Utah so yes it is barren.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not buying it. This officer has been watching to much paranormal TV, maybe has a craving for attention.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If just one officer heard the voice, then maybe. But multiple people heard the voice at the same time. Mass hysteria?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Reading the article over again, I only see it is Beddoes making the claim, none of the other officers appear in print to confirm they heard it to. He (Beddoes) appears to be doing all the talking and claiming "we heard" it, and "we replied" to the voice. But I don't see any claim coming from the mouths of the other officers. So did they also make this claim and is Beddoes acting as their spokesperson?

The one rational explanation is the mother didn't die until they had begun rescue operations, that'll have to be determined by an autopsy as to the time of death. The other is someone was shouting in the vicinity, and being nearly under a bridge the sound carried further than it would otherwise.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

"We've gotten together and just talkin' about it, and all four of us can swear that we heard somebody inside the car saying, 'Help,'" Officer Jared Warner told the Deseret News.

Meanwhile, Tyler Beddoes, one of the officers who discovered Lily, is still amazed at the strange voice he heard.

“To me it was plain as day because I remember hearing a voice. I think it was [Officer Bryan] DeWitt who said, ‘We’re trying. We’re trying our best to get in there.’

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
explanation: it was probably the toddler, calling out while drifting in and out of consciousness. Beddoes says he 'thought' it sounded like an adult voice, but I don't think any toddler hanging upside down for 14 hours and near freezing is going to sound like a typical toddler, and any yelping sound is going to come across as 'help' to an adult engaged in a rescue operation.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

but I don't think any toddler hanging upside down for 14 hours and near freezing is going to sound like a typical toddler, and any yelping sound is going to come across as 'help' to an adult engaged in a rescue operation.

Now that is a good and best alternative explanation. I have thought about that myself. All those naysayers and negative posts are unnecessary. The police had no reason to lie about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I don't believe they are lying. I just think there is an explanation that involves a living person making those sounds/call for help.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Oh I know. It's just that somebody in this thread claimed that they were lying.

Like you I do believe that they were telling the truth. Doesn't matter where the voice came from but they did hear something.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
miraculous ? .... yes
praise the Lord .... yes

God doesn't believe in non-believers
unstop your ears , and open your eyes !

SHALOM

edit on 10-3-2015 by radarloveguy because: it's the season

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

God doesn't believe in non-believers

The feeling is mutual.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This articles ays it wasn't just one officer who heard the voice:

And that's when they heard a voice.

"We were down on the car and a distinct voice says, 'Help me, help me,'" Dewitt recalled.

"It wasn't just something that was just in our heads.

To me it was plain as day cause I remember hearing a voice," officer Tyler Beddoes said. "I think it was Dewitt who said, 'We're trying. We're trying our best to get in there.'

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
a reply to: Dimithae

I remembered watching a show on it too but couldn't find it until now.

It was an episode of Paranormal Witness - Season: 1 Episode: 2 “Haunted Highway/Kentucky UFO Chase”.

Was gonna share this as well, really reminds me of this case.
edit on 10-3-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

This is what makes this story remarkable. More than one person had the same experience. They all looked shaken to me like they were trying to process an extraordinary shared event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join