It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gigantic mushroom cloud photographed on Mars by the Indian Mars Orbitor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What the hell? I posted this exact same thread prior to this thread and the mods shut it down. WTF?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
I just came across this today. In a photo of the Martian surface there appears to be a mushroom cloud. Mars has no plate tectonics or volcanic activities. I have no idea what could cause this.

This Mars Orbiter, which was launched by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) on November 5, 2013 has spotted what looks like a mushroom cloud on the planet’s surface.

Taken by the onboard Mars Colour Camera (MCC), these images have been quickly uploaded to the ISRO’s website, with a great amount of detail.

The large mushroom cloud was sighted in the Valles Marineris Canyon, which is located along the equator of the planet, which spans close to a quarter of the planet’s circumference.

Link to article

ISRO Mars orbitor official facebook page

Not sure where you get that Mar's volcanoes are inactive. We've never witness an active event but scientist have always speculated that with teh amount of methane in the air that the Volcanoes were merely dormant and even in 2004, where was another plume event that had the science bantering volcanic activity to this day.

www.space.com...

ETA: However, I'm speculative about these images as if these were plumes, where are the shadows that would have been generating from such huge plumes?

edit on 10-3-2015 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

It's a conspiracy Jaffo, don't you know what this site is all about? Conspiracies...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just a Guess as I haven't Fully did any Research

was there a Orbiter or Human Earthen Made Satellite, Orbiter , Probe ETC..

Anyone of these ? or there is One Unknown to the Public ?

See Pic ( Too Large to Post )

An Updated Mars Exploration Family Portrait

Posted By Jason Davis

2013/12/18 17:16 UTC
planetary.s3.amazonaws.com...

Mars Orbiter Mission Methane Sensor for Mars is at work

Posted by Emily Lakdawalla

2015/03/04 16:50 UTC
www.planetary.org...

That Crashed that Could of Caused this ?

a Definite Mushroom Cloud as it looks

Maybe a Huge Geyser..

Back in the 90s I think this was Seen Before.. a Plumb ...

Even way back in the Turn of the Century

To ME .. the Photo Looks like Clouds along the Great Long Canyon ...

Some Activity is going on...

edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago368 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Up date I checked the rest of the Thread

Apparently it Just a Optical Illusion from a Different Angle

As One ATS Member ( One Big Monkey ) Debunked it ...

Scarey of what the Mind Can See a Relation Too.. Eh...
edit on 22015TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago368 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Hmm optical illusion for sure. Good find. Mystery solved.

All thanks to OneBigMonkey and Aynock

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Your news example sounds like they were referring to this from 7th/8th December 1900. If you read through to page five, bullet 9, it begins to sound like there could have been a comet passing Mars. Instead of the 'shaft of light' originating on Mars, I think it's possible they were seeing a comet's trail that their perspective mistook for being on Mars.

It'd be interesting for some of the ATS astronomers to read the details and see what they think.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I dunno guys/gals..

There are some "puffy cloudy" characteristics in the rock formation to the right of the anomaly. Kinda looks like a big wave type looking geological thing:

Also the "shockwave area" at he bottom of the "blast" looks to be a little small considering how high the "mushroom cloud" appears.
-a little small, a little smooth looking.
-Like a lava flow that's solidified...
*hard to say though after looking at some pics, also different types of blasts create different effects.

My guess, classic pareidolia.
(at least unless a second point of reference is given at some point..

edit on 10-3-2015 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
Good guess, but scientists have been saying for decades
that Mars no longer has an active core, although it used too;
the largest volcano in the solar system is on Mars (Vulcan)

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this is silly. a reply to: asen_y2k

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Your news example sounds like they were referring to this from 7th/8th December 1900. If you read through to page five, bullet 9, it begins to sound like there could have been a comet passing Mars. Instead of the 'shaft of light' originating on Mars, I think it's possible they were seeing a comet's trail that their perspective mistook for being on Mars.

It'd be interesting for some of the ATS astronomers to read the details and see what they think.

Hmm Read the Article ..

Its talking about Signals ( Radio Singles )

on bullet 9 referring to 2 passes

Phobos & Deimos ? More Likely... as discovery 1877 and Named in 1901

a Light that last 70 seconds is what the Article had said of what I have posted ..

more less a Plumb ...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Excellent!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Good find mate.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Giant dust devils, nothing more...!!

Similar to the ones that occur in the Australian outback.

You can't see them generally until they hit the ground and pull up massive amounts of dust.

Its just weather folks.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Looks like shoddy photoshopping if you ask me...

There is no shadow, no visible crater or ejecta from said crater/impact.

First we had rover nuts claiming random rocks and shadows were evidence of intelligent life on mars, now we've moved on to speculating whether or not clearly Photoshopped images are nuclear explosions initiated by ETs from the outer solar system/under the Martian surface, or asteroid impacts...I thought we tracked asteroids of significant size? That dust cloud, if real, and caused by an asteroid or comet would be large enough to wipe out a city here on earth...

Let me be the first to call "next level bullspit" on this one.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Dude, anyone with a keen eye could clearly tell that this is Megatron firing off the Thermonuclear Canon he has on his right arm.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I thought this would be on the actual mysterious cloud seen in Mars' upper atmosphere a couple weeks ago.

That one was real, seem by amateur astronomers and photographed.. .they thought maybe it might be an aurora, but apparently they weren't sure.

This is just dark rock being seen from an angle and looking like a 'shroom cloud...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
66.6666666 is the number of time displacement weapons

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

This is just dark rock being seen from an angle and looking like a 'shroom cloud...

Correct. It's amazing how many people missed that in favor of a ridiculous "mushroom cloud" idea. Again, I suggest that if people are really interested in Mars that they learn a bit about its geologic and atmospheric history.

Putting the pareidolia away and pulling out the planetary science books would be good advice here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
This site is saying that scientists are putting it down to an optical illusion. But they don't give a source.

www.express.co.uk...

British tabloids are usually pretty bad at reporting science stories but there need not be a source for the obvious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join