It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lindsey Graham: "I don't email" (is on Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, who is currently on the Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law admits on Meet the Press that he has never sent an email in his life.

Discussing the controversy over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton using her personal email account for government business, a top Senate Republican revealed that he has never sent an email in his life.

"I don't email," Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) said. "You can have every email I've ever sent. I've never sent one."

"Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd had asked Graham whether he had a private email account because Graham said he wanted to know if other cabinet secretaries besides Clinton used private accounts during their tenure. Graham said he did have a few questions about Clinton's email.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

that is the biggest problem: the people in charge of keeping an eye on this stuff are the people that have no clue how any of it works. this guy (thought it was a woman from the name, sorry) is 60.
why is someone that old in charge of something that is relatively young?
sorry but if you were born before color tv (and have no passion/curiosity for technology) the most you should be responsible for is toasters.
and not those fancy ones that fit 4 slices at once.
Just the two.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

that is the biggest problem: the people in charge of keeping an eye on this stuff are the people that have no clue how any of it works. this guy (thought it was a woman from the name, sorry) is 60.
why is someone that old in charge of something that is relatively so young.

Let's see, so Lindsey Graham is a luddite, and you are an ageist. Which is worse?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Can you add a link, thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well, Graham has a webiste and an email address, and his staff members clearly use email on his behalf!

Graham's office clearly has an e-mail system, and his staff certainly uses it. And he, unlike your grandmother or someone who can't afford a computer at home, has people with him all the time who can pass along information as needed.
www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 9-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I read this exchange took place on "Meet the Press" when the host Chuck Todd asked Graham whether he had a private email account. I didn't watch the show myself, but it strike me as odd.

Sure, his staff is using email, but this dude is out of touch.
No surprise, these are the same government officials who
want to take away our liberty in the name of security.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I know every politician in DC has a government email account set up for them to answer questions from the voters. If Lindsey does not have a email account. How does he answer all the questions? If his staff answers questions for him, are we getting the correct answers?

How can you trust a politician that is suppose to be the head of some committee that is responsible for technology to do his job when he himself does not get involved in technology?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It is a problem and with all facets of our government.

Guys who have never used technology in charge of ...technology. People who think snowballs disprove global warming.

LOL We are doomed. No wonder other countries laugh at us. And still we do nothing about it. I'm voting third party...as should you all. it's the only choice.

If we all got everyone of our friends, familiy members, associates to vote that way too...well that would be millions of votes this next cycle for third party candidates!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What an absolute joke!

I wonder if he has an opinion on net neutrality? If so, I wonder where he got it? From some staffer?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
BREAKING: Senator Lindsey Graham says he will launch an immediate investigation into what an email is.

Told you so:

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I would bet that half of the old farts in Congress don't use their own work emails or give their passwords to their aides, thus violating security.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

why is someone that old in charge of something that is relatively young?
sorry but if you were born before color tv (and have no passion/curiosity for technology) the most you should be responsible for is toasters.
and not those fancy ones that fit 4 slices at once.
Just the two.

It has nothing to do with age and more with the fact that this guy is a politician, that means he IS totally out of touch with our common reality.
edit on 9-3-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: Cause I can't spell

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
One doesn't have to use Email to understand, rule or enforce the Federal Rules and Laws concerning the politicians Emails, and whether they are doing business on private accounts to avoid transparency and whether they are then illegally deleting the files. you can ask the just resigned Oregon Dem Governor about that.
And now Hillary Clinton.

I'll bet there may be politicians that haven't run brothels but are still able to under stand them and prosecute them. Ask Barney Frank

top topics

join