It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gogama, Canada: Train derailed, 5 tanker cars carrying crude oil dropped in Makami River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Source (CBC)

This could be a huge desaster, as crude oil in a river in such huge quantities might result in a major drinking water-problem for northern Ontario.

And this is not the first derailment, there were three in Ontario in the past four weeks, one of them even in the same area!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Sabotage??

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Maybe bad remedial maintenance?
What does Canadian members think about the condition of their railroad tracks?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Something is going on that is causing this. The odds of having these derailments happen in such a short time are extremely bad. I don't know how they are related but am sure there is some relationship between them.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Could create justification for pipe lines ...Pipe lines seem to be the choice of Corporations and Govt's.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: rickymouse

Could create justification for pipe lines ...Pipe lines seem to be the choice of Corporations and Govt's.

This is very possible. I think that your idea is probably one of the most probable.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's the Mattagami river. The derailment is 2km from the town of Gogama and just up stream from the Mattagami First Nation. The band uses the river for it's drinking water, or it did.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It doesn't matter. It was worth the money. By next month it will be business as usual for the machine that feeds the ultra rich and we will move on to the next thread on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Our tracks have been in disrepair for far too long.

From what I heard from an executive with a Canadian rail company, it's cheaper to pay out the insurance claims than it is to update the rail cars and fix the tracks...so there you have it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

From what I heard from an executive with a Canadian rail company, it's cheaper to pay out the insurance claims than it is to update the rail cars and fix the tracks...so there you have it.

I also rememebr hearing awhile back about the dire status of railroad bridges all across Canada.
In the link, it looks like the bridge collapsed. Surprise.

It's negligence, pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt if this is sabotage. They probably set it up in response to the pipeline being vetoed. "See, trains are so unsafe. We need this." There have been a lot of derailments lately.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
We seem to be constantly hearing about derailment. Oil, hazardous goods...there's been a few derailments in the prairies lately too.
I've never heard of a passenger train derailing - do we still have passenger trains?
Maybe our rails are in such poor shape we only have freight now?
Sucks that there's so many hazardous goods going off the tracks..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

This was my thought too

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I know I've been on ATS too long when the first thing that went through my head when I read in the title "Gogama" was Gog and Magog. Face palm.

We have Gog of course in the first three letters but backwards it spells 'a magog'. Face palm again.

I'm not saying anymore because I don't think it means anything, just saying it's funny how the mind can be trained to see what it wants.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well after this sonofabitch winter I would not be surprised that some rail lines are in sad shape due to heaving and sinking. Just look at the shape your local roads are in at the this moment. Now just imagine all that liquid weight on two rails vibrating and shaking whilst going over ground that has been frozen solid for months but now is starting to thaw?

Just my two cents and I too feel bad for the Natives that rely on that water for a drinking supply. What the heck are they going to do now for water?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I also rememebr hearing awhile back about the dire status of railroad bridges all across Canada.
In the link, it looks like the bridge collapsed. Surprise.

It's negligence, pure and simple.

It appears the central and far North have been neglected continually, in more ways that one.

www.wellandtribune.ca...

top topics

join