It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Russian Strategic Air Command Ready to Launch Pre-Emptive Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
According to Lt.-Gen. Igor Khvorov, who is in charge of the Russian Air Force's strategic air command, they are ready and set to launch "preventive strikes" in terrorist camps around the world. He also mentioned that they are not ruling out attacking "any base anywhere on the planet". Their main concern is any external enemies; no deadlines or targets were mentioned by Khvorov.

en.rian.ru
Considering the potential and range of strategic bombers, one can say that terrorists will not be able to hide anywhere in the world, Khvorov stressed.

First of all, the strategic air command aims to defend the state against external enemies, so that any hotheads would not want to test the strength of our state, Khvorov added.

Previously, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov confirmed the possibility of dealing preventive strikes against terrorist bases in any part of the world.

We do not rule out the possibility of launching preventive strikes against terrorist bases in any part of the world, Ivanov said. Surely enough, we will not name specific locations and deadlines in advance because such preventive strikes would otherwise prove ineffective, Ivanov noted.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am reading mixed signals from the Russian government, but it seems they are getting ready for some kind of attack against "terrorist bases and other targets around the world."

Related News Links:
Russian cruise missiles now capable of striking terrorist bases and other targets around the world
FORMER COMMANDER: "THERE ARE NO AIR DEFENSE FORCES IN RUSSIA"

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
"any base anywhere on the planet"...

ATS: Weaponry/Russian Nuclear Submarine Fires Ballistic Missile

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I am reading mixed signals from the Russian government, but it seems they are getting ready for some kind of attack against "terrorist bases and other targets around the world."

Nice story, btw, muaddib. I hear ya on the mixed signals. I'm wondering if the USA appears anywhere on that list.
They seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to stress the "anywhere in the world" part. I can just see it now: "Russian bombers strike at FARC bases in Columbia."

[edit on 18-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Russia and China have a raproachment- Japan gets snubbed- russia announces pre-emptive strike ready- hello North Korea?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Russia wont strike the US to hit terrorits targets

Unless they want to start a Nuclear war which both sides will lose in I doubt it. America would never attack terrorist targets anywhere in Russia without full permission from Russia which they wouldnt get.

Nobody is going to risk getting into a full scale nuclear war just to kill a few terrorist. Plus both the US and Russia are both fighting against Islamic terrorist.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Does any government in their right mind think Russia would make a hit on the North Korea's "Dear Leader?" Oh the possibilities!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Russia wont strike the US to hit terrorits targets

Unless they want to start a Nuclear war which both sides will lose in I doubt it. America would never attack terrorist targets anywhere in Russia without full permission from Russia which they wouldnt get.

Nobody is going to risk getting into a full scale nuclear war just to kill a few terrorist. Plus both the US and Russia are both fighting against Islamic terrorist.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by ShadowXIX]

Shadow, the Lt-Col said they were ready to do "preventive attacks anywhere on the planet."

Anyways, just like we used the Muhajedeen (however it is spelled) in the past to fight against the Russians, the Russians and other nations have used terrorism to attack other nations, including the U.S. I am not the one saying this, former high ranking Russian military defectors say this, as well as others who have degrees on Russian studies.

Just like we have black ops, the Russians until at least the late 1990s, used terrorists for black ops.

It is true the Russians are having problems with terrorism too, but there are many terrorist groups, some have no affiliation to other terrorist groups at all, others do, the same can be said of China, NK and a few others.

[edit on 18-12-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Muaddib,

Old News.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So what? Russia is simply trying to reinstate their image as a great power. Undoubtedly the more militaristic among them have nostalgia for the good old days when Russia was taken seriously. Sadly, they have not realized how much the world has changed. Russia will be taken seriously when it completes its economic reforms (instead of going backwards, as they are now) and fully institute the rule of law, which is substantially missing. Whether they will again be feared remains to be seen. What they really need is to earn respect. What their people need is government that serves them, not the egos of the power-trippers and the rapaciousness of the greedy.

top topics

join