It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I so afraid???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimboE
Dear 4X4 girl,

You have nothing to fear from aliens. Fear humans, they're the one's who murder, carjack, kidnap, assault, etc. etc. etc.

Aliens are non-violent, there is no record of any harm commited, and certainly with their amazing technology they could do whatever to us if they so chose.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ask yourself this question: of 4 billion people on the planet, why would the aliens (if they even exist, which is very far from established) bother with you in particular? Doesn't seem reasonable, does it? I think it would be safe to conclude that they don't even know who you are. It follows that your fear is self-generated.

If you are genuinely in the state of fear that you describe, I beg you to seek professional counselling.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The movie sighns realy freaked me out too

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horsey316
The movie sighns realy freaked me out too

Couldn't even take it seriously. Aliens come from far far away, evil as cornbeef, but forgot to bring their raincoats?

When we fail to see how silly scary movies really are, they can do real damage. Don't be the victim of a scare campaign.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There is nothing to be scared of. Why fear something that has no evidence to it to be real? There are far more worse things in this world to be scared of.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Ask yourself this question: of 4 billion people on the planet, why would the aliens (if they even exist, which is very far from established) bother with you in particular? Doesn't seem reasonable, does it? I think it would be safe to conclude that they don't even know who you are. It follows that your fear is self-generated.

If you are genuinely in the state of fear that you describe, I beg you to seek professional counselling.

I think it's actually more like 6,5 billion people. I did a quick search:

� 1 billion in 1804
� 2 billion in 1927��(123 years later)
� 3 billion in 1960��(�33 years later)
� 4 billion in 1974��(�14 years later)
� 5 billion in 1987��(�13 years later)
� 6 billion in 1999��(�12 years later)

When we can still find people who are afraid of our own different races, it's surely not strange that we can find people who would be afraid of an entirely different race from across the galaxy?

Everybody take a pause...

Therapy is a good thing. We should all be so lucky as to recieve some.

When so much evidence exist, it can only be from lack of study that some still claim there is no proof, I have seen no proof however that they are violent.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hello, im new here too.

I have a fear of aliens also, (not as bad though) it came from a dream that I had.

A bright light came through my window waking me up one night, then I start jumping out of my bed to get away collapsing my legs became paralyzed then I started crawling away in the hallway only to wake up that night scared, It felt so real I thought it had really happend that same night when I awoke.

I still dont know what it was, but im only scared of them because I have a fear of anyone taking me unexpectedly without my consent.

I have also had a dream where I saw a tall figure with beige color skin standing near broken/destroyed building's that were still being lit by signs or building lights at night.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
im glad im not scared of my dreams! iv actually died twice in my dreams, once being decapitated, another shot in the head. So god knows what that all means...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
jeepin4x4girl, You are most definitly not alone...

Every image I see of the grey is enough to freak me out, Signs really freaked me out too

I am afraid that one day an alien will walk in my room at night, I would freak out, I would probably try to kill it if I could out of sheer terror.

I cannot explain my fear for the aliens, I don't know what caused me to have such a trauma with them, I know I shouldn't fear them but I do...

Funny enough, all my dreams have been very possitive about the aliens, they were usually always trying to be my friend...it wasn't freaked out in the slighest in my dreams of them but I lose much sleep over these beings, I cannot sleep alone at night and I have been wanting to sleep with a weapon close to me at night...

but I ingest so much sugar that I am possibly poisonous to aliens by now

I am going to seek counceling soon about my fear...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Okay... When abductions do acure the majority of the people who are abducted wont even know. The Grays use alot of abductions through dreamscape... AkA Astral projection.

I use to fear these aliens as well.. But for now you have no reason to be scared of them.. All they can do is intimidate you. Id be more worried about the reptilians who live among us.

Long live the resistance!!!!!
-Kane

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This Kane guy sounds intelligent, but the rest of you? Why are you posting here?

Listen here, you should be afraid, because not all aliens are nice. Some aliens are very bad bad creatures. And from what I've heard, greys work for the reptilians.

If you are terrified, it is very possible you are being abducted, or was abducted. You see, the mind has a very good way of protecting itself. It simply forgets anything that disturbs it too much. When you hear the word "alien", your mind recognizes that, but you can't remember why. But there is fear.

My advice: see a hypnotic/psychiatrist.

What your mind doesn't know is that the only way to overcome fear is to completely understand it, and face it.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
People people people....and we ask why they don't just land? No wonder they are approaching us so slowly, letting us get used to the lights in the sky....slowly.

Now if this can't calm you down... remember that they obviously are much more superior than us, if they were violent as the "21 century racists" would have us believe wouldn't we have "felt" millions of years of evolution comming down hard on us by now?

Logic is the only weapon against unmanaged thoughts of fear.

Calm down, take a deep breath. Fear those who fly airplanes into tall buildings, not those who has observed us from a distance for thousand of years.

I for one am not afraid, but when I say this, please understand that I will for sure be in shock the first time I meet with them, just as I would if I could get to meet David Bowie, seriously.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I have been following alien abduction and ufo's for about 8 years now.

its reported in almost every case that the reason people who are taken forget what happend is due to the alien's hiding their memory of the events through some form of hypnosis.

This and the whole events are unlocked through regressive hypnosis therapy.

I dont have a fear of aliens, I have a fear of abduction.

As a kid I was allways scared at the fact I could be kidnapped and killed by a rapist or serial killer, its just a fear of abduction that stemed from a jerk brother scaring a little 4-5 year old boy into thinking something is out to get him, yes my brother did this for kicks.

Sometimes I was too scared to leave the house because of him.

For the record I dont have this fear anymore im a grown man now, although at night I do hear odd humming noises that my wife also heard once late at night which scare me a little, I dont lose sleep in fear though.

Im also not normally scared of my dreams, only 2-5 of my dreams scared me.

I have had dreams recently of aliens landing and talking with me, I was not scared at all.

Me and my wife also saw a bunch of small white lights moving in formation in a slightly waving up and down almost dancing way of movement and they were seperate as I could see the night sky between them, although they moved in complete unison with eachother then disappearing.

Edit* The lights reminded me of a bunch of birds moving in unison with eachother, except it was not birds but lights at night.

[edit on 21-12-2004 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Fear in itself is a healthy natural thing it's how we survived long enough to invent the wheel and domesticate animals.
How you respond to your fear is where the issue of healthy or unhealthy comes into play. If you are scared there is normally a reason, if it causes you to be paralyzed and not live a normal life you have a problem. In your case where you are asking yourself and others why you have a fear you are making a critical step in controlling it. Once you acknowledge you have a fear and begin exploring the cause of it you've saved yourself a year or two of therapy. Judging by the fact that horror movies don't phase you but aliens scare you to death, there is probably a reason you should be afraid. However once you master your fear and find the root cause, it will become a useful emotion which will benefit you if you are ever in danger.
Also on a related note I would not pursue hypno therapy to try and unmask a fear, if your mind walls something off there is a good reason to let it stay that way. On this I speak from personal experience not only did I have a traumatic childhood but I have pursued extreme sports. From both of these things I know I have repressed memories, I'll touch on the extreme sports to illustrate my point though. I've wrecked a multitude of things very hard very many times in every case I remember the entire incident clearly up to the point of impact at which point I don't remember anything for a few seconds. Now I am no stranger to pain and have looked down at my own arm bent at a crazy angle after a crash and remember the pain even. What I am trying to say is I don't want to remember the rest because it was obviously bad enough that my subconscious did a self edit. It has never been conclusivelly proven that digging up repressed memories and dealing with them is of any real value, in my opinion it makes whatever problem the person is having worse.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Be Afraid .... Be Very Afraid ....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join