It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugs, Cash, Taco Bell, and a Taxi to Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

At gunpoint, Aaron Blackwell, 16, and Emma Blackwell, 13, were abducted from their family's Lasalle Street home early Monday morning. Almost immediately, they were placed into separate vehicles and began separate ordeals.

The children's mother says she first met the kidnappers when they entered her upstairs bedroom asking, "Where is the money?" She told them she didn't know. The kidnappers took her cellphone and bound the hands of her children. They also bound the hands of a male friend who had been asleep on the first floor. According to police, Blackwell was the first to phone the authorities and was cooperative throughout the search for her children.

Drugs, Cash, Taco Bell, and a Taxi to Freedom

Aaron was wearing a bathrobe when he was abducted. The kidnappers put him in the back luggage compartment of an SUV and drove him to Detroit, keeping him blindfolded the whole time. The kidnappers forced him to relay ransom demands to his half-brother over the phone. When he couldn't answer questions his captors asked, they cut his fingers and threatened to cut them off. As law enforcement zeroed in on the house where the kidnappers were staying, two of them got back in the SUV and drove away. Police followed. A high-speed chase ensued, ending when the SUV crashed into a snow bank. Police found Aaron blindfolded and his hands bound with zip ties in the SUV's luggage area. Taken to a hospital, he needed stitches for his fingers but was otherwise OK.

Emma was wearing pink pajamas when she was taken. Court records point to a whirlwind trip for her. Initially, she also was taken to Detroit. But for reasons that are unclear, two of the kidnappers — a man and a woman — put her in a car and took her to a house in a remote area. She believes it was in Kentucky. But the kidnappers grew concerned about the approach of a winter storm, and they took Emma to Dayton, Ohio. Why there? It's not clear, either. But they dropped her off at a Taco Bell, leaving her with $200 for cab fare back to Indianapolis. Less than 24 hours after her abduction, Emma arrived home, where it all began, to find an empty house. She sent a Facebook message to a friend, who called police.

Authorities allege Blackwell took money and drugs from the dealer she was living with. She says that money went "missing" from a package he received from another state. In any case, the alleged drug dealer wanted his money back. When he couldn't find it, she said, he and his companions hatched the kidnapping and ransom plot.

Those poor kids! I can only imagine their terror! Especially the young man, constantly having your fingers cut and threatened to have them cut off just for not having a clue what your older sister even did, and worse, to have her not even care what happened to you, just horrendous! Either the older sister is on drugs herself, or she is just a heartless wench! Heck, quite possibly both!

I'm betting when the younger girl got home, the house was empty because the mother was at the hospital with the son who was getting the stitches, however, I AM quite surprised the police did not think to have someone waiting at the house in case the possibility of someone showing up arose. I'm also a little surprised the girl texted her friends on Facebook, and didn't call the cops, unless she did it through her computer, and not a phone, in that case, it slides.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Sound like a crazy movie plot.

I am glad both kids are safe now!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

She said she took $43,000, just enough for her and her 6-year-old son to escape his control. A federal complaint in the case cites $120,000, along with 4,000 OxyContin pills and a kilogram of coc aine. A Marion County probable cause affidavit charging her with drug dealing puts the money at $250,000.

Holy jebus on a skateboard.

Glad the kids mad it back ok, the whole dropping the girl off at taco bell with cap fair is quite the strange turn of evens but couldn't be happier that it turned out that way for her.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

She said she took $43,000, just enough for her and her 6-year-old son to escape his control. A federal complaint in the case cites $120,000, along with 4,000 OxyContin pills and a kilogram of coc aine. A Marion County probable cause affidavit charging her with drug dealing puts the money at $250,000.

Holy jebus on a skateboard.

Glad the kids mad it back ok, the whole dropping the girl off at taco bell with cap fair is quite the strange turn of evens but couldn't be happier that it turned out that way for her.

Considering the amount of money the feds and the ex claim the older sister stole, the siblings are VERY lucky they were only kidnapped and slightly harmed and not murdered. (Not that the older sister would have cared then either) In truth, it really was a lucky day for both of those kids. It really could have been much, much worse!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ya the boy got very lucky as well, shoot he could have been seriously hurt in the crash.

If you want to escape that mans control, stealing a freaking cartel starter kit is not the way to do it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya the boy got very lucky as well, shoot he could have been seriously hurt in the crash.

If you want to escape that mans control, stealing a freaking cartel starter kit is not the way to do it.

Not to mention, unless her ex was sampling his own product he was selling, I doubt VERY highly he would have gone through all this trouble of kidnapping her little brother and sister, transported them through all these states, all for a small "measly" $43,000. But, for almost $250,000? Yeah, I can see him being ticked enough to do all this! This girl thinks everyone is stupid and she can still play them is what that is!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

You had me at h̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ thread title.

*Edit: but I really should read the OP before posting

edit on 9-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Lifetime is foaming at the mouth. They might have to make it a mini-series though. A lot went down in a short amount of time.

The feel-good twist near the end before the handkerchief ending? When the girl gets $200 for cab fare. That's the part of all this I don't get.

A cab driver gets a call, goes and see's a little girl who says she needs to go to Indianapolis IN. ............. from Dayton Ohio. That's 120 miles...........for $200?.........Interstate transport of a minor? I would have had dispatch get the cops on me, with her in the cab, like white on rice. With 200 in my pocket (That the kidnappers ultimately supplied???) the police could take it from wherever we meet in southern Ohio.

If this story is true then the FBI is already on it. 3 states, possibly 4, kidnapping of 2 minors going across multiple state lines for a drug deal gone bad.

What a story.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Lifetime is foaming at the mouth. They might have to make it a mini-series though. A lot went down in a short amount of time.

The feel-good twist near the end before the handkerchief ending? When the girl gets $200 for cab fare. That's the part of all this I don't get.

A cab driver gets a call, goes and see's a little girl who says she needs to go to Indianapolis IN. ............. from Dayton Ohio. That's 120 miles...........for $200?.........Interstate transport of a minor? I would have had dispatch get the cops on me, with her in the cab, like white on rice. With 200 in my pocket (That the kidnappers ultimately supplied???) the police could take it from wherever we meet in southern Ohio.

If this story is true then the FBI is already on it. 3 states, possibly 4, kidnapping of 2 minors going across multiple state lines for a drug deal gone bad.

What a story.

I was surprised more media didn't pick this up. I didn't hear about this until I went to Daily Mail of all places! I thought there's no way this is all true, it's way too bizarre! When I clicked the link, I was blown away! Absolute insanity!

top topics

join