It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what about you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Several times, as I've mosied thru this life. I've experienced the odd
occurrence of running into someone I most definitely knew and yet,
could not place at all, where from I knewest them. I'm not mistaken
because it wasn't just someone I noticed and thought I knew fleetingly.
The other person knew me as well.

They remembered my name as well, I remembered theirs. But from there
the knowledge went completely awol. In both cases neither one of us could
remember the first damn thing about how we knew each other, where from,
why or even who thru. The second time this happened I even said to Dennis
( the other time was a lady ) that if we don't figure it out it will haunt us the
rest of our lives.

Well it has for me. I can only wonder if the other two are still as lost as I am.
Dennis was just coming off a run in with cops so I gave him my number but he
never called. Susan was married and so was I so, neither of us went there. I'm
haunted to this day about how this could happen because, I remember the day
I was born. And have even written about that on ATS. Any way that's it, that's the
dilemma. So what about you? Any light would be appreciated, anything similar ?

edit on Rpm30815v45201500000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It's because it was so long ago, that you forgot them, my guess is they where friends of a friend but you paid some much attention to the other people there, that you didn't really think about them that much..

I think that has and could happen to any of us, i have people i would like to forget, but what ever....LOL

On a side note your avatar looks really familiar.....like someone i use to know, i would play this song for him if i saw him, but' it's a inside thing between us....something about a picture he took of me on his cell phone the first verse and then the rest...but it's a inside thing between me and him, check the song out you might like it.....

Yea but the reason you had that was because of what i explained above....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-3-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

I'll buy that for a Dollar! Good explanation! I was thinking along the same lines on this here. Same things have happened to Me, over the years. One gal even said She remembered Me, and My Wife, from a party. We never even spoke, but She remembered it, then I did too! I even remembered the KISS Army Shirt She wore!! LOL!!!
Hmm, wish My short term memory was that good......

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Was it an Alzheimers convention?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I've had people that I have met for the first time,and they felt so familiar to me and they said the same. I had such a strong feeling of knowing them I asked them where they were from and where all they had lived. They had lived in other states and had just moved to my area. No matter how hard we tried,we couldn't find anyplace where we had both been.
Strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have a hard time remembering names, but I can remember faces. If I am reminded of where I met them or what I did with them it triggers a full sequence of memories. I worked on a lot of people's houses and worked in quite a few professions and people who worked at the stores where I would frequent. So I knew thousands of people fairly well. You need something to trigger a memory pattern sometimes and it comes back.

That is how it works with me anyway. I have little trinkets around the house and when I see them, I remember things about the person I got them from. Tying something to an object works, when you pick up a hammer, the hammer triggers information to be released which can tell you many tricks of the trade you have learned. The info is sort of stored in the hammer.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Your not as bad off as me at least. I often do not remember names or faces of many people I have known in my past. It gets to be a pain going out in public only to have someone walk up to me and start talking like I knew them fairly well.
I not only do this with people from real life but movie stars too unless they are very well known and have been huge stars.

I was going to my hairdresser for over 3 years, sat there and had her do my hair and chatted all that time. She walked up to me in the grocery store and since I was not at the beauty salon I did not recognizer her.
My family doctor for 3 years I knew pretty well, i got sick and went into the hospital and he walked into my hospital room and I could barely recognize him.
if people are in a different place than I am used to seeing them at i have trouble recognizing them.

One time walking through a local fleamarket, a young man came up beside me, grabbed me and passionately kissed me, yep, you got it...I had no idea who he was! Turned out I had dated him some years prior and had not seen him since. Still have no idea what his name was.

Life like this can be so annoying.

Now I have been married for 26 years and have only a few close friends in real life so I can easily recognize them.
i have no idea why I am this way.
I would love to meet a whole group of new friends and be outgoing but it's hard as I am afraid of not recognizing them at a later date.

edit on 9-3-2015 by pixelated because: typo 7 syntax

edit on 9-3-2015 by pixelated because: typo & syntax

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

Was it an Alzheimers convention?

I don't remember?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

For real i mean no doubt your the BiblioCat, which means that dude can always remember.....

But i don't remember....

edit on 9-3-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pixelated
Prosopagnasia

...also called face blindness, is a disorder of face perception where the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while other aspects of visual processing (e.g., object discrimination) and intellectual functioning (e.g., decision making) remain intact. The term originally referred to a condition following acute brain damage (acquired prosopagnosia), but a congenital or developmental form of the disorder also exists, which may affect up to 2.5% of the population.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This has never happened to me, but I take measures to avoid human contact as often ass possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Klassified with a most pertient reply.
Nice!

top topics

join