It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non firearm opptions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You could find some sweet key chain options

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If you can get some training, that would be almost better than a weapon.
I carry a knife, but if I'm attacked by an assailant with a knife, I would not use it. I prefer wrist control. They are focused on using the knife on you, and you know exactly which arm, it allows you to use two of your arms on the one with the knife. It keeps them preoccupied and one dimensional. An easy target. You need the training for it. I've done a bunch of diff mma diciplines. One class was called TDS, or total defense systems. This taught defense for multiple attack scenarios. Edged and stick training was insane, it makes you not want to use a knife after seeing how easy they are to disarm.

Having said that, i have seen some insane results using tactical strobe flashlights. A guy was questioning the effectiveness. I did a demonstration for him. I said point at me like you have a handgun and aim for my head the whole time. I held the light to my side, walked quickly at him, light in the face and he was still pointed ahead as I was standing next to him and tapped him lightly on the temple. He couldn't believe it. He owns one of my lights now.

They blink at a frequency that the eyes cant adjust fast enough for. Stick to 1000 lumens plus.
You could use a bic pen to the ear with one of those.

Aside from that you need things that wont break your local laws.
Big mag lights are a good one.

Tasers and stun guns are pretty effective too.

Projectile weapons, id go with the bow then crossbow, due to loading speed.

If you really wanna be a ba, be like this guy....

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Get a good hunting bow and lots of arrows, and tools to make your own arrows, and repairs to the bow.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The difference between a pet and a dog that is bred for attack/high drive work is astounding.

I have owned both at the same time, both of them were treated as companions by myself, but I ran them as a pack. They knew where they stood and were secure in that.

My "pet" dog would be social, friendly and was actually in charge of the high drive, protective Belgian Malinois. They never fought but they knew their job. If anyone came anywhere near my self or the older, "pet dog".. the Malinois was up and watching. She was very confident and a downright dangerous animal.

a reply to: markovian

If you kicked her, you'd just make her angry. A high drive dog does not care if you kick it. It will not stop until it does what it thinks it needs to do. If that is tearing your throat out, it will do it. If you have 130 pounds of aggressive muscle thrown into you that is trying to bite your face, you won't stand much of a chance unless you proactively kill the dog first. Kick it, it will attack you. I used to train these dogs for a living. They are much more efficient than we are.

Somebody broke into my property, stabbed my dog with a screwdriver. Let's just say the dog won against 3 adults, he didn't even need stitches.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
just wondering what is your non firearm choise

i got with a small pistole xbow moded to take bolts and 2 full size japenese steel swords with extra long handles

main wep is a pse stinger x and backup martin jaguire 1983

im not alower to own firearms 2x 1 the goverment 2 wife hates them

otherwise i can shoot anything just fine but at some point and time you may run outa bullets

and besides arrows beat kevlar you just only get one shot

You could use throwing knives if you know how to use them. Similarly powerful slingshot or even a stone is good if you can throw it at target. Other choice for close encounter is stun gun or expandable steel baton.

Dogs are good choice based on breeds, for instance; German Shepard or Rottweiler is among best choices for canine protection.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Normallysane

I think the best breed for protection is the Belgian Malinois.

Best advice I can give is to simulate a pack. Do not give your dog an "attack word", if you are busy spitting teeth out of your mouth a highly intelligent and trained dog will wait for the command. That is over training.

You need a dog that is sure of itself, even arrogant. You need a dog that will challenge you. They can be a dangerous dog to have, but if you know what you are doing, they will never bite you. They will defend and protect you until their last breath.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Barnett Crossbows!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LilFox

Best advice I can give is to simulate a pack. Do not give your dog an "attack word", if you are busy spitting teeth out of your mouth a highly intelligent and trained dog will wait for the command. That is over training.

You need a dog that is sure of itself, even arrogant. You need a dog that will challenge you. They can be a dangerous dog to have, but if you know what you are doing, they will never bite you. They will defend and protect you until their last breath.

A dog is only good to give you enough time to get your weapon.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A compound bow and arrows fitted with pipe bombs. Easy mobile artillery.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Retikx
A compound bow and arrows fitted with pipe bombs. Easy mobile artillery.

Wolverines!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Depends on the dog, check out some of the reports on the dogo Argentino out of Argentina obviously.

When they had their initial economic collapse, heard a lot of good about that dog.

Right now in germany, knives, tomahawk, battle axe, board spear, swords, daggers, machetes.

Thinking about buying a slingbow to play with and see if I'm any good with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LilFox

Here is a details on dog breeds, you can read about breeds character, temperament, etc.

Belgian malinois - www.dogbreedinfo.com...

Dogo argentino - www.dogbreedinfo.com...

German shepherd - www.dogbreedinfo.com...

Rottweiler - www.dogbreedinfo.com...

Its not the dog's looks or hunting qualites that makes good guard dog but breeds temperament and level of intelligence.

Taser would be ideal for self defense.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Anything sharp and easily created/repaired. Bow and arrow, yes. Compound bow, while extremely effective, is also tech beyond what I can make with my knife and gut strings. Better to become competent with what you can create on the run.

I've had limited success with, for lack of a better word, spears. Easy to make, easy to throw (though it takes a little practice), and if you lose one, oh well. This is all assuming I've run out of other options, and as I reload my own ammunition, this would be a long time in the future. Haha

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Up close two stainless steel swiss bayonets bought from surplus, then added edges on them.

For range a primitive bow made from Bois de Arc also known as Osage orange or hedge apple.

Considering a PR-24 if I want to limit damage done, and be able to block most other weapons.

But honestly with what is coming, if your down to this your likely dead, and better off hiding.

The drones alone...it won't be pretty...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

regardless of the weapon a person chooses, the weapon is useless without training and practice. even then anyone engaging in combat risks injury or death. if a person decides to engage in combat, then a well equipped medical kit and training in the use of that kit would be required.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join