It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Holds a PATENT That Could Crush MONSANTO and Change The World

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Using nature against nature...

My friend had a cockroach problem, but didn't want to use pesticides because of his cat. I told him to get TON of geckos and let them loose, because they'll eat all the cockroaches. Besides, it'd be like watching Animal Planet for real in your own home.

Then we thought about it...What would we do with all the geckos? Perhaps the cat could eat them? There would be to many. He'd have to get more cats.

What would he then do with all the cats once the gecko's were gone?

It just ended up being to much of a hassle. In the end he just moved.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Or just move to Florida and let some lizards in

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I live in Florida. There are quite a lot of geckos. Also, I pretty recently got a pet leopard gecko! He(well, I actually think it's a she) is awesome! She mows down crickets like its nobody's business. Tangent, I know.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm not aware of any gecko/cockroach ratio but I imagine just one or two geckos would have done the trick over time. Diatomaceous earth is another good move. It's common when going down the path of a natural response that the answer is a multi-pronged attack. Mosquitos are a perfect example, because there is no single method for reducing their numbers. Human victims instead have to employ the use of fish ponds, geckos, installing frog and bat habitats etc, and there are probably many more I'm unaware of. It's not easy, but usually the lack of equilibrium is a fault of our actions in the first place, either at the macro or the micro, so the work being done to cull the infestation naturally will see success over time. I don't see the efforts to sever ourselves from the living world being viable in the long run as long as we ourselves are living beings. I'm sure most American's, given the chance, would with a magic wand make all of America 99.99% free of germs having no interest in the trophic or holistic ramifications.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I hope this guy stays OK Monsatan i mean Monsanto doesn't like competition .

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
So how does this not turn us into fugi too?

Who cares? I say, "let there be fungi!" The world will be a better place once we are all assimilated, or combined, with the fungi kingdom! Do not resist it my brothers and sisters! Our destiny... is... fungus!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
There was an interesting comment on that article that got me wondering how good this really is. Due to the fact that it is non discriminant it could just as easily attack other organisms like say...a colony of honey bees. its alsobiological and able to reproduce. So what stops this from getting out of hand and attacking things we don't want it to...and once its out there what's to stop it. Kinda seems as problematic as GMOs from that angle.

No its specified to certain insects.
No they remove it's ability to create spores so no reproduction.

And to the person who said we use nature against nature and it always bites us in the butt... Nature is the best thing to use against nature. You think artificially is better? Like toxic chemicals and GMO? No, you speak to nature using the language it understands, more nature. It can be done incorrectly when introducing foreign species and such, but it can also be done properly. Using a fungus which cannot reproduce and ttargets specific insects seems like a good way to go. They should just test it in a controlled environment first. You can bet the Big Money Machines will be grinding their gears to start the mud slinging campaign against this one... A natural solution means their fancy expensive life-destroying solution will no longer be necessary.

I hope this man realizes what game he is in and just how dangerous it is for him and all those around him.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
You think artificially is better? Like toxic chemicals and GMO?

This fungus IS a GMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your friend's conundrum reminded me of the following video...

looneytunes.wikia.com...
ime_To_Retire

Dime to Retire. Get it? It's a play on the phrase Time to Retire, because it costs Porky a mere dime to get a room at the Motel, with Daffy working behind the counter... and with Daffy around, you can be sure that the most zany shenanigans are soon to follow... Watch as Porky and Daffy have it out in their classic roles as the good natured schmuck, and the cruel schemer all too willing to take advantage. True fans will surely not be disappointed with this Looney Tunes classic!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

originally posted by: 3n19m470
You think artificially is better? Like toxic chemicals and GMO?

This fungus IS a GMO.

Wow so this one guy has a patent on a genetically modified organism? I thought only big corporations like Monsanto had the ability to research and develop these kinds of advancements. Cool, maybe one day I can even have a patent for a GMO. thank you for sharing this information. I don't know if I can stand behind this guy now knowing that he is playing God with the DNA like that...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Anyway, its interesting but definitely too soon to say if its a good idea or not. Its just an idea, which needs to be tested, a lot. By the way I don't believe for one moment that this patent is for a GMO, in case my sarcasm does not come through clear... it feels a little weak when I go over that last post in my head.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Are there any environmentalists who feel bad about the way that the mushroom destroys the bugs?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join