It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Holds a PATENT That Could Crush MONSANTO and Change The World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Paul Stamets for those of you that dont know is into his mushrooms. He is a keen myclogist, a bioneer and foward thinker. In 2006 he was granted a patent which has been discribed by big pharm as “the most disruptive technology we have ever witnessed.“ The patent offers a safe natural alternative to pesticides whixh is effective on 200,000 species of insects

Paul has figured out how to use mother nature’s own creations to keep insects from destroying crops. It is what’s being called SMART pesticides. These biopesticides provide a safe & nearly permanent solution for controlling over 200,000 species of insects, and it is all thanks to the ‘magic’ of mushrooms.

www.loveclicks.org...

Purp..

He does this by

taking entomopathogenic Fungi (fungi that destroys insects) and morphs it into not producing spores. This in turn actually attracts the insects who then eat and turn into fungi from the inside out!

I hope this is the begining of shift in thought on how we deal with nature. It certainly seems a much safer and cleaner way of dealing with crop pests and i can understand why the big pharm refers to it as disruptive technology.

For anyone intrested in mushrooms and nature I highly recomend watching this Paul Stamets youtube video. It talks about fungi in ways most peeps have never thought off before..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sounds like bio-terror.

Scary #!!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So.. how can we help?

👣

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So how does this not turn us into fugi too?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Why you wanna feed cancer to peeps?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It seens like every single time we try to use mother nature against herself she turns around and bites us on the ass . Does it kill bees .
edit on 8-3-2015 by hutch622 because: and pappa bear said , chill bro its goldilocks

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Interesting indeed!! Wonder how long it will be before some study discredits his claims? Probably funded by Monsanto. Really hope this turn in to something huge.

Paul sounds like a real Fun Guy! ;-)
edit on 8/3/2015 by waveydavey because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They tease us with this crap and then you never hear from this guy again.

Its like oil and all the hydrogen experiment's that show OIL is out dated but when your dealing with humans and money we as a species will never advance to something that might DO SOME GOOD !!!!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There was an interesting comment on that article that got me wondering how good this really is. Due to the fact that it is non discriminant it could just as easily attack other organisms like say...a colony of honey bees. its alsobiological and able to reproduce. So what stops this from getting out of hand and attacking things we don't want it to...and once its out there what's to stop it. Kinda seems as problematic as GMOs from that angle.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Sounds like bio-terror.

Scary #!!

If its the cordyceps its worse than bioterror. This fungi gets inside ants takes over the ant make the ant go to the top of a plant then a mushroom grows out of the ants head.

Cordyceps is amazing it has some amazing health benefits too..

purp..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

No it can be tailored to attack spefic insects and leave others alone altogether..

Purp..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

So how does this not turn us into fugi too?

I do not understand the process by which its tailored to attack spefic insects but it is. Cordyceps is safe for humans. I eat it myself...

In herbal medicient, it is commonly used to replenish the kidney and soothe the lung and it is belived to benefit fatigue, night sweating, hyposexualities, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, asthemia after severe illness, respiratory disease, renal dysfunction and renal failure, arrhythmias and other heart disease, and liver disease. As the rarity and upstanding curative effects of natural Cordyceps, several mycelial strains have been isolated from natural Cordyceps and manufactured in large quantities by fermentation technology, and they are commonly sold as health food products in Asia

www.zhion.com...

Thats not to say it cant be turned into something that will turn us into fungi..

edit on 8-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: waveydavey

Interesting indeed!! Wonder how long it will be before some study discredits his claims? Probably funded by Monsanto. Really hope this turn in to something huge.

It wont be discredited its real and the process is well known among scientists and ecologists. The process is proven and real.

I too hope it turns into something big. I hope it changes our relationship with nature because it needs to change..

Purp..)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

They tease us with this crap and then you never hear from this guy again.

No this is real and it wont go away. Im sure it will take a while before technology like this is implemented on a large scale. Far more effective than using pesticides..

Purp.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

Oil is cheaper, has higher energy density, is lighter, easier to store and trivial to refill in terms of function and infrastructure than any other alternative right now. The technology is not there yet to replace oil right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Did you play the last of us?

One night, an outbreak of a mutant Cordyceps fungus ravages the United States, which transforms its human hosts into cannibalistic monsters.

It was a prophesy

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: waveydavey

Paul sounds like a real Fun Guy! ;-)

If you have time. watch the video (above) its really very intresting..

Purp..

edit on 8-3-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So, a fungus that screws up insects. It grows inside of them then kills them. Kind of makes me wonder if it will effect some people the same way. That is all we need is to have this fungus mutate and have it all over the country, spores blowing around in the wind.

This is a hell of a way to reduce the worlds population, the FDA will be approving this shortly. Well, as soon as the very rich acquire the vaccine to protect them against it.

edit on 8-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Fungi are very intelligent and mutate all the time. The only difference is its using nature to combat nature.

watch this video if you have time. Its like something out of a science fiction movie..

purp..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That's way cool and very interesting stuff.

I hope this guy's work gets greater recognition and companies like Monsanto get less.

Thanks for posting it. F&S

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join