It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR State Rep. Justin Harris adopts two girls; takes in one more, gives away to child molester

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Child abuse is horrific enough, but coupled with outright INSANITY somehow makes it even worse.

The fact that the "rationale" was demonic possession ... is beyond engendering a sense of despair in me.

Sure, there are ample examples of Republican lawmakers promoting demonism, but on average, 68% of Republicans believe in demons and demonic possession as well as 49% of Democrats. Source - The Daily Caller

Horrible, sad, pathetic psychoses are dominating American politics.
edit on 17Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:19:38 -050015p052015366 by Gryphon66 because: Provided citation

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
How was it 'all legal'? They isolated them and locked them up. They had them 'exorcised'. Is that not neglecting a child? Is it not child abuse? How is it legal to aid a rapist? How is it legal to hire rapists and supply them with children? Is that not child-trafficking? False imprisonment? Inciting the rape of a minor? Was Francis known to be a rapist while on Harris' payroll? These two should do time. Acting like they can't be charged is completely f
king insane.

I agree! You are preaching to the choir as they say, but it's not me you have to convince. I personally think the two of them need to be strung up from the nearest tree by their toenails, as my English teacher used to say. But as far as Congress is concerned, "As long as he can do his job", he's ok. Because that's all that counts, right?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Can you imagine just how differently the reactions would be if this had been a Muslim lawmaker believing that the kids were possessed by the Jinn and he treated them this way?

Headlines like "Muslim Ritual Child Abuse" and "Barbarous Religious Practices Result in Discarded Children."

And here, in the midst of this horrible tragedy, some are only concerned that it involved a Republican or might be seen as casting Christians who believe in such insanity in a less than favorable light.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Child abuse is horrific enough, but coupled with outright INSANITY somehow makes it even worse.

The fact that the "rationale" was demonic possession ... is beyond engendering a sense of despair in me.

Sure, there are ample examples of Republican lawmakers promoting demonism, but on average, 68% of Republicans believe in demons and demonic possession as well as 49% of Democrats. Source - The Daily Caller

Horrible, sad, pathetic psychoses are dominating American politics.

To give you perspective, I lived with my birth mother who has paranoid schizophrenia. It is not a fun ride. There were days of not eating. Why? Because the voices told her I didn't deserve it. But my sister and brother deserved to eat. I have physical scars of where a mirror crashed on my head and I needed stitches. She refused to take me to the hospital to get them though. Why? Clumsy children don't deserve them. It looks like I have a jagged hole in my head between my eyes. I have a jagged scar on my chin where I needed stitched from crashing into the cupboard after chasing my sister in the house. Kid stuff. I was 4, she was 2. Again, no stitches for similar reasons. She walked out when I was 5. This is a small glimpse into the world of insanity that a child lives in when a parent has mental illness. It is not a world I wish to return to.

edit on 3/12/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You're a survivor and you refuse to be a victim ... that puts you ahead of about 99% of modern humanity.

I would be the first to recognize that full blown mental illnesses are (generally) less severe than even extreme religious faith.

There's just so many similarities from the perspective of a non-believer ...

But I think there's probably a large majority that believe "in demons" somewhat theoretically, the same way I "believe" in dark matter.

But when the demons start TALKING ... I believe a line is crossed.

Best to you; thanks for the conversations and may they continue.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You're a survivor and you refuse to be a victim ... that puts you ahead of about 99% of modern humanity.

I would be the first to recognize that full blown mental illnesses are (generally) less severe than even extreme religious faith.

There's just so many similarities from the perspective of a non-believer ...

But I think there's probably a large majority that believe "in demons" somewhat theoretically, the same way I "believe" in dark matter.

But when the demons start TALKING ... I believe a line is crossed.

Best to you; thanks for the conversations and may they continue.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Tells you how out of it I've been this past week! My mistake! Please forgive me. I'll admit I am a survivor, but for the longest time, I certainly did not see myself as such and got so depressed I was very suicidal. My family still doesn't know. Therapy helped though, so I am no longer of course.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Justin Harris in more trouble after using the 8 yr old eldest foster child(she was 6 at the time) he did NOT adopt, illegally in campaign photos. It is illegal to photograph foster children without permission of the state for the safety of the children.

Illegally Used Foster Child In Ads

The Arkansas politician who took three troubled girls into his home, allegedly performed exorcisms on them, and ultimately gave two away to a rapist also illegally used one of them in his campaign ads, it has been claimed.

Justin Harris, a Republican who sits in the state's House of Representatives, plastered pictures of the eldest girl he took into his care on campaign material for his 2012 election campaign.

She was just six years old at the time, and can be seen posing in matching outfits with Harris's wife Marsha and the couple's three biological sons.

However, while they appear a happy family in the picture, not long after it was taken he gave the child back after she apparently threatened to kill his family.

That tiny, wee little thing looks so terrifying, doesn't she? Especially against that hulking representative.

He adopted her two younger sisters, but later gave them away too - to a man who went on to rape one of them.

But when the rapist, Eric Francis, was jailed, Harris failed to mention that he had once cared for the girls in question, and stayed silent on the matter until a newspaper exposed him last month.

However, he was less inclined to stay quiet in his earlier election material - which, according to the Arkansas Times, is a violation of the states Department of Human Services (DHS) fostering rules.

A DHS spokesman explained to the Times that using an image in campaign material would compromise a foster child's anonymity. Any public use has to be approved by the DHS legal department - though in Harris's case they would never have agreed.

The claims come days after more allegations against the Harris family emerged, as a former babysitter accused them of locking one of the younger girls in a room by herself - and trying to exorcise all the two they went on to formally adopt.

The Harrises have denied the claims via their lawyer. However, Chelsey Goldsborough, who regularly babysat for them in her senior year of high school, insists the Harrises considered the two possessed.

I truly hope they nail this bastard, and his wife, to the wall. You cannot tell me the wife had no clue what was going on in that household. Also, I'm Christian, and I only know of exorcisms from TV. They look abusive as hell. I don't know how they are in life. If they are abusive in life, I'd say their own kids need removing if this is what they put the girls through.

edit on 3/15/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

(post by jed001 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
Interesting bit from the article:

Rep. Harris owns a Christian school and employed the convicted molestor.

Me thinks Rep. Harris ought to be investigated for child sexual abuse himself, and quickly.

Sounds like he, and possibly his Wife is as bent as a $2 bill.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Definitely.

This whack job is not telling the truth and I hope someone investigates him until hurts. His story is total crap and it's sickening to think what might really be going on here.

edit on 3/17/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This whole story is sickening. I was going to stamp my outrage, but I don't know where to start. just yuk.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join