It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AR State Rep. Justin Harris adopts two girls; takes in one more, gives away to child molester

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

An Arkansas politician who claims he gave away his two adopted daughters, aged three and six, to a rapist because they were threatening to kill his family, and one had already crushed a family pet to death, has been taken to task by the foster mother who previously cared for the girls.

Justin Harris, a Republican who sits in the state's House of Representatives, legally adopted the two girls in March 2013 - but handed them over after just six months to a man who would go on to rape the eldest.

Francis is now serving 40 years in prison for his crimes against the six-year-old. Both girls have since found a new home.

AR State Rep. Justin Harris adopts two girls; takes in one more, gives away to child molester

Almost all these claims make no sense however to Cheryl Hart, who cared for the girls before Harris, and she goes so far as to say he is simply not telling the truth about some of these things in an interview with the Arkansas Times.

'It was later reported to the Department of Human Services that Mr. and Mrs. Harris had left the children with another family and had basically abandoned them. This incident was reported to the child abuse hotline and the children were interviewed.'

It was during that interview that police learned the 6-year-old had been the victim of sexual abuse.

She stated that Francis had raped her genital area to help her go to sleep, a claim he did not deny.

The incident happened while his wife was away for two weeks on a trip to Pennsylvania.

Disgusting people! The whole lot of them! In one article, Rep. Harris actually referred to it as "rehoming". These kids aren't puppies! You take them in for life! You don't "rehome" them! Ugh! Absolutely disgusting! In my personal opinion they should be under CPS inspection for quite some time with their other 3 children. They've obviously proved they have no sense when it comes to kids. Just curious, how long before they "rehome" their natural kids. After they gave the girls away, they continued to receive the adoption money! Such stand up people!

The Arkansas Times piece, written by Benjamin Hardy, also points out that in that state there is no law that prohibits parents from leaving their child in another individual's care.

In most cases, custody of an adopted child can be transferred simply by both sets of parents signing a document, and child protective services will only step in if they suspect the child is not being properly treated, which can be near impossible for them to judge at times.

This practice is legal in almost every single state in the country, even though it is a form of human trafficking.

On Wednesday, Arkansas Rep. Greg Leding introduced a bill to prevent rehoming.

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson has also instructed the state to review adoption procedures.

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe, who was aware of that fact that Rep. Harris had rehomed the girls when Francis was charged in 2014 but unable to speak out at the time as the case had not yet been made public said: 'I was shocked. I'm appalled. Why would anyone go to the trouble of adopting a child and then give the child away?'

Rep. Eddie Armstrong released a statement on behalf of the House Democrats in the state, saying: 'First, our thoughts and prayers are with this little girl and other children that may have been exposed to injury as a consequence of this practice.

'I think everyone in our caucus was dismayed to learn that rehoming is allowable in Arkansas, and a bill has already been filed to address this tragic gap in the law so that our children can be protected.'

The worst of all of this, because this is not illegal, Rep. Harris will face NO charges for what he did. His fellow Rep. are calling for his resignation, but let's not hold our breath, shall we?

Technically this Representative dabbled in human trafficking, and not a thing will happen to him because it was all legal. Sad for these girls. I hope the home they are in now is a very good one and they never have to go through any harm ever again. Terrible story for these young children.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Looks like a headline straight from The National Enquirer.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting bit from the article:

Rep. Harris owns a Christian school and employed the convicted molestor.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

edit on 8-3-2015 by HighFive because: Double post

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Bottom line the children are not his to "give" to anybody. If there were threats to kill the family if they did not give the kids to the (other rapist), then there should have been a call to the police maybe? Next, This guy is a disgusting phedophile and should be placed in prison to be taken care of by prison justice. This is an epidemic, these children being given to and used by sexual abusing, satan worshipping, rats just like what is going on in Hempstead UK right now that is just being erased from the internet and swept under the rug. The time is coming very soon for these disgusting POS to be exterminated from the earth. BTW, where in the hell is the MSM coverage on this?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Take a step back for a moment and think. See where the rabbit hole goes.

This is a sad story for the six year old indeed. But it can happen and does happen with any child.

So what will the new law do? Will it prevent child rape? No it will not, we have tough laws on that subject on the books right now.

So what. You want to send your kids to Aunt Joe for the summer holidays? Nope! Need a permit! Aunt Joe needs to get a Police check.

Single Mum gets sick, can't choose who she sends her kids too. Let the State decide. Well .... they have a great track record don't they!

Want to send your kids for a holiday with friends you trust ... nope sorry, everyone needs Police checks!

We have laws now that should be sufficient. We don't need the state coming in to tell parents who they can send their own children too.

You die and in your will, you nominate who gets to raise your children, well, not any more. The State will decide.

How far will this go. Sleep overs? No they wouldn't ... would they?

In my State, foster carers cannot allow their foster kids to go on sleepovers without the department's consent and Police checks (taking months to get) are required. SO the kids do not get to do sleepovers!

This smacks of the Government creating the situation and the solution is more onerous laws preventing parents from deciding what is best for their own children.

This perp is in jail where he belongs. The existing laws worked.

This is a very deep rabbit hole with many layers.

They will take away a huge junk of parental rights over a single incident.

P

edit on 8/3/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I wonder if he got any money for hanging the kids over. It makes me sick reading this. It's like they're talking about dogs or something, all the "rehoming" and all that.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Interesting that it is legal in almost every state (according to the OP) to just transfer custody so easily. I had no idea. That is really concerning.

As far as adopting being a 100% commitment though, it is not that uncommon for people to 'give back' adopted kids that are more than they bargained for. He is not the first.

Not saying that the whole story is true, but if you adopted a kid and it "threatened to kill" your family, and had "already crushed a family pet to death" you may be inclined to 'give it up'.

The problem here is really the broken system to address such a problem. The original adopter has to have all kinds of background checks, but the transfer later is basically unchecked.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Justin Harris most likely thought it was "legitimate rape".

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Bottom line the children are not his to "give" to anybody. If there were threats to kill the family if they did not give the kids to the (other rapist), then there should have been a call to the police maybe? Next, This guy is a disgusting phedophile and should be placed in prison to be taken care of by prison justice. This is an epidemic, these children being given to and used by sexual abusing, satan worshipping, rats just like what is going on in Hempstead UK right now that is just being erased from the internet and swept under the rug. The time is coming very soon for these disgusting POS to be exterminated from the earth. BTW, where in the hell is the MSM coverage on this?

My thoughts exactly. With the exception of one local paper, there's very little coverage on this. Not to mention, it's so bizarre, it's almost unreal!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Take a step back for a moment and think. See where the rabbit hole goes.

This is a sad story for the six year old indeed. But it can happen and does happen with any child.

So what will the new law do? Will it prevent child rape? No it will not, we have tough laws on that subject on the books right now.

So what. You want to send your kids to Aunt Joe for the summer holidays? Nope! Need a permit! Aunt Joe needs to get a Police check.

Single Mum gets sick, can't choose who she sends her kids too. Let the State decide. Well .... they have a great track record don't they!

Want to send your kids for a holiday with friends you trust ... nope sorry, everyone needs Police checks!

We have laws now that should be sufficient. We don't need the state coming in to tell parents who they can send their own children too.

How far will this go. Sleep overs? No they wouldn't ... would they.

You die and in your will, you nominate who gets to raise your children, well, not any more. The State will decide.

In my State, foster carers cannot allow their foster kids to go on sleepovers without the department's consent and Police checks (taking months to get) are required.

This smacks of the Government creating the situation and the solution is more onerous laws preventing parents from deciding what is best for their own children.

This perp is in jail where he belongs. The existing laws worked.

This is a very deep rabbit hole with many layers.

They will take away a huge junk of parental rights over a single incident.

P

This is more than though. This man had adopted these girls. He was warned AGAINST adopting them, told they had emotional problems. Said he could handle them and had them fast track the adoption. He didn't just send them over to "spend the night", he sent them to this house to live forever and ever. He didn't want them anymore. In essence, he threw them away. That's a HUGE step from "spending the night". As for foster care, I can understand that, if anything happens to those children, it's their responsibility, not the natural parents. So I can sympathize with those laws being in place.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I wonder if he got any money for hanging the kids over. It makes me sick reading this. It's like they're talking about dogs or something, all the "rehoming" and all that.

I don't know if he got any money for handing the kids over, but he DID continue to collect the adoption subsidies while the girls were in his friend's care. He claims he did NOT receive the monies, but there is apparently proof that he did.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I saw that. That's incredibly crooked.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Interesting that it is legal in almost every state (according to the OP) to just transfer custody so easily. I had no idea. That is really concerning.

As far as adopting being a 100% commitment though, it is not that uncommon for people to 'give back' adopted kids that are more than they bargained for. He is not the first.

Not saying that the whole story is true, but if you adopted a kid and it "threatened to kill" your family, and had "already crushed a family pet to death" you may be inclined to 'give it up'.

The problem here is really the broken system to address such a problem. The original adopter has to have all kinds of background checks, but the transfer later is basically unchecked.

I can understand if they were worried about threats, and if the story about the pet were true, but there are remedies in place, including contacting the original adoption agency that placed the children. The original foster mother states these girls were never violent at her home and even tried to dissuade Harris from adopting these girls, but he was determined to fast track the adoption. I wonder if he tried fast tracking it for election, the cynic in me, to make himself look good for voters, but when reality hit, he wanted nothing to do with it and the girls, and therefore got "rid" of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I saw that. That's incredibly crooked.

Definitely so. Those monies are supposed to go for the care of the girls, I would assume so anyway. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct. I've never adopted, though I've always wanted to, I just never had the funds to.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What a tragic story. This should have never happened to these children. The politician should never be allowed to adopt again that is for certain and how exactly does a 6 and 3 year old threaten to kill the family. I am very disturbed by this and hopefully there will be a solution to end the practice of "re-homing". I have never even heard the term and where was CPS ? I assumed they would continue to monitor the children's progress.

As for the politician not facing any charges, I would think fraud would be a good place to start as he continued to accept the government stipend for raising adoptive children even though they were no longer in his care, to me that constitutes fraud and should be a basis for criminal charges.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This is more than though. This man had adopted these girls. He was warned AGAINST adopting them, told they had emotional problems. Said he could handle them and had them fast track the adoption. He didn't just send them over to "spend the night", he sent them to this house to live forever and ever. He didn't want them anymore. In essence, he threw them away. That's a HUGE step from "spending the night". As for foster care, I can understand that, if anything happens to those children, it's their responsibility, not the natural parents. So I can sympathize with those laws being in place.

Yes I agree with what you have said. I wonder where the Government department was in assessing his ability to care for the girls before the adoption and where they were after the adoption ... obviously they dumped and ran too.

This whole scenario could be prevented if the Department had kept their eye on the children. To fix it, they need to tighten up the rules for adoption .... but he was a Politician so ...... they didn't.

You do not need new laws to fix this. Not at all.

Two children, known to be in need, get adopted ... and the department does no follow up .... hmm.

Just watch where the rabbit hole goes on this one.

This should have had alarm bells ringing in the Department, but no, lets have a knee jerk reaction with enormous consequences for parents to be used whenever the authorities wish to bring it into play.

No thanks. Put the blame where it belongs. The Department dropped the ball!

P

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

In regards to the giving of children, I wholeheartedly agree. Years ago, my oldest sister ( I have 6 sisters) was in a horrible place in her life. She came to me, heart in hand, and I was entrusted with both children for several years. They were old enough to know Mom was not me; my sister remained integrated in their lives. Long story short, she got herself in the right place and moved them into a happy, healthy home with her by their side. A happy ending to what most certainly could have been life altering and damaging to those children.

Children are not property to own or give away!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I think you're right. The money is supposed to go toward the care of the girls.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
What a tragic story. This should have never happened to these children. The politician should never be allowed to adopt again that is for certain and how exactly does a 6 and 3 year old threaten to kill the family. I am very disturbed by this and hopefully there will be a solution to end the practice of "re-homing". I have never even heard the term and where was CPS ? I assumed they would continue to monitor the children's progress.

As for the politician not facing any charges, I would think fraud would be a good place to start as he continued to accept the government stipend for raising adoptive children even though they were no longer in his care, to me that constitutes fraud and should be a basis for criminal charges.

I agree with the fraud charges, but we all know considering he's a politician not a blasted thing will happen to him, even for fraud. They'll come up with some excuse as to why it was ok, or how he donated the money somewhere and he's contrite now, yadda, yadda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join