It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Republican Revolution Part II?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'll admit, I don't pay that much attention to Republicans as a rule, particularly when they're campaigning ... but are you saying that they're not even backing up their Party Platform? I mean, I can go through and post campaign promise after campaign promise by the individual candidates who were elected ... but i'm intrigued ...

The National Republican Party stands for NOTHING? Is that what you're saying? They have no goal, no agendas, no plan for the betterment of the country, no plan to undo what the Democrats have supposedly done to destroy the country?

No ways to improve the position of those at the top so that we have the economic trickle-down effect described by Laffer and supply-side economics?

Are you saying that the Republicans have no plan and no intent to do anything in the next two years to make anything better???

Wow, that's a statement! Are you sure?
edit on 22Sun, 08 Mar 2015 22:14:26 -050015p102015366 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: MrSpad

Then how come the Republicans won the mid-terms yet again? There is a whole bunch of old time Democrats as well that have left that party.

If the nation was doing as well as you say, then the election would have been a landslide for the Democrats. Apparently, the voting public isn't quite as disaffected with the Tea Party or satisfied with Obama and Co. as you portray....

Lol, the republican party started really feeling themselves after that midterm election. You would think they converted democrats to republicans...Conservatives won because most democrats stayed home.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's a good question. I'd have thought many bills would have passed for Obama to veto...deliberately. Part of their 2016 strategy.

I'd have thought McConnell and Boehner would be on the same page. Neither are Tea Party types at all.

Perhaps there's some recognition that new blood is needed. Much like the media all of a sudden is dumping on Hillary over personal server and E-mail accounts.

All of these players are OLD! Both parties....who knows? I don't

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Just as a reference, here is an excerpt from the Republican Platform 2012 ... should we assume they still stand for these things?

Restoring the American Dream: Economy & Jobs

Job Creation: Getting Americans Back to Work
Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Tax Relief to Grow the Economy and Create Jobs
American Competitiveness in a Global Economy
Fundamental Tax Principles
Reining in Out-of-Control Spending, Balancing the Budget, and Ensuring Sound Monetary Policy
Balancing the Budget
Inflation and the Federal Reserve
Ending the Housing Crisis and Expanding Opportunities for Homeownership
Rebuilding Homeownership
Infrastructure: Building the Future
More American Jobs, Higher Wages, and A Better Standard of Living
A Twenty-First Century Workforce
Freedom in the Workplace

2012 Republican Platform

We can just work on that list if you like ... where is the legislation designed to do any of these things? Is it in the pipe?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The "veto" strategy will work better closer to the 2016 election.

Look for the bulk of "legislation" next year.

But the Senate is still stymied by the 60 vote rules.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Everything there hinges on cooperation and support from Democrats in the Senate.

But most compromises would be vetoed by Obama.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The republican party as of now is a complete Joke, They are the biggest critics of everything and have no solutions to any thing except all out brawl and War. A bible in one hand preaching the word of god and a gun slinging in the other. They thrive on chaos and scare tactics. They waste their time dumpster surfing for dirt, scandal and conspiracies so they can have their "GOTCHA!" and "I TOLD YOU SO" moments.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Everything there hinges on cooperation and support from Democrats in the Senate.

But most compromises would be vetoed by Obama.

You should buy lottery tickets, with that kind of ability to predict the future.

Surely though, the Republicans have ideas? They have legislation ready to draft and submit that are going to accomplish all these things? Surely the Democrats can't keep them from ... getting started, can they?

Let the great ideas be put forth, I say! Let's restore American jobs! Let's establish sound monetary policy! Let's work on rebuilding the country's infrastructure to build the future!

I want do see the Democrats oppose that! But first, I want to see the Republican ideas! This is their chance, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Did you see any ads saying so? I didn't.

Limbaugh stated so numerous times and I see no evidence to indicate otherwise.

There's a distinction between 'general beliefs/policies' and specific campaign policies by a National party. I believe they went with disaffection with the current administration and avoided ANYTHING in the form of campaign promises fearing it would 'hurt them'.

Similar to Obama's promise of 'change'....that he DID deliver...LOL.

Lip-service, sir. We saw the future when the lame duck congress ceded the gov't finance bill through around September of 2015. Even though that went 8 months into the new Congress's term.

They know damn well cuts in spending without increase revenue generation would about finish this economy. Hence no balanced budget campaigns....other than individuals running and campaigning in their own districts.

No I'm not sure. I'd bet on it though.....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Stylez1

I don't doubt it. The fact they 'stayed home' is telling enough....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What are the Republicans doing to move forward those goals ... smaller government, rights of the people, no special interests?

These are not Republican goals. Republican goals are central to corporate and advancement and a corporate controlled welfare system (one that chains people to a desk to keep them off the streets and out of trouble).

Where is the Tea Party Caucus? Wouldn't this be their time to shine? Where are all the new laws?

Give the Tea Party leadership a bit of credit, huh? They know they stand absolutely no chance as a third party. We're not going anywhere. We'll just keep whittling away until we grow old and die I guess.

edit on 832015 by Snarl because: Formatting

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
There was a way to by-pass that rule in the DHS funding bill, from my understanding.

The Senate sent the funding bill to Congress who could have added amendments to that senate bill. Those amendments wouldn't be subject to the 60 vote rule as it was a funding bill when returned to the Senate with the amendments.

It's the same way ObamaCare got passed, or so they say. Same mechanism.

So, at least on the DHS bill and funding Obama's immigration plan. They could have defunded it. They didn't want to.

We shall see on later bills how this goes.....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Okay, so ... the Republicans aren't promising to do anything productive for the American people?

Are you saying that Republicans don't have any plans to improve things in the country? Or undo things that have been done? Or ... or ... or ... ANYTHING?

That makes them sound kinda worthless, Trucker ... is that what you're saying?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I was just going by what the Republicans publish as their national platform, Snarl ... if you follow the link, you'll see the source of the statements. I can't say whether they really believe any of that or stand behind or will do anything to accomplish any of that or not. But that is their claims ...

I am giving the Tea Party Caucus credit! I want to see their ideas! They have leagued themselves with the Republican party, and the Republicans are now in power! I just wonder where the leglisation is ... I'm asking for education in terms of what is actually getting DONE.

I know it's only been 2 months but ... they had all these great ideas that were just waiting to be implemented ... I just want to see them!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The Tea Party is anything other than 'in league' with Republicans. They're trying to oust the oligarchs and dominate one of the two parties, much like the quiet moves Libertarians are making on the Dim party. I see both efforts as a definitive shift to the right.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

The Tea Party is anything other than 'in league' with Republicans. They're trying to oust the oligarchs and dominate one of the two parties, much like the quiet moves Libertarians are making on the Dim party. I see both efforts as a definitive shift to the right.

I must have been misinformed ... but wait:

All 66 former members of the Tea Party Caucus are members of the Republican Party. Three of them are part of the Republican leadership. Thomas E. Price serves as chairman of the Republican Policy Committee, making him the seventh ranking Republican in the House, John R. Carter is the Secretary of the House Republican Conference, ranking him the ninth ranking Republican, and Pete Sessions is the number six Republican as the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee. Other former members of the Tea Party Caucus hold committee chairmanships such as Rep. Lamar S. Smith, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

I was only referring to the Tea Party Caucus in the Congress, but apparently, that isn't doing so well ... I had no idea.

From July 2012 to April 2013 the Tea Party Caucus neither met nor posted news on its webpage, leading observers to describe it as "dead," "inactive," and "defunct." In April 2013, Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina filed paperwork to create a new Tea Party Caucus, but found that Michele Bachmann intended to continue the caucus, starting with an event on April 25, 2013. On June 19, 2014. Tea Party Caucus member Steve Scalise of Louisiana was elected as the House Majority Whip.

Tea Party Caucus - Wiki

Truly, I had no idea ... I really thought the TP Caucus was still up and going.

My bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Sigh, I've already said that, in my opinion, both parties are playing to the 2016 election as their priority.

If you asked members of either party what your asking me, they'd be indignant and have the right responses/rebuttals.

I'm saying both parties. Period.

Oh, I'm sure there will be bills down the road and if ran the congress, I'd be sending them up as fast as I could, if for no other reason than to embarrass the Senate.

I had hoped for better, I had hoped for new leadership in both the House and the Senate. I had hope for vocal and repeated work on repealing ObamaCare-they may be waiting for SCOTUS to make their move on that one-I do know if they don't get their heads out of their arses. The third party option will become a fact. Long before the 2016 elections......

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The 114th Congress has only been in session for two months.

Are you expecting miracles from Obama?

Everything is politically timed as of last November.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You should buy lottery tickets, with that kind of ability to predict the future.

Well I *DiD* predict the landslide last November.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

ACA got 60 Senate votes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join