It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Republican Revolution Part II?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Republicans promised that the backlog of legislation ... "hundreds of bills" ... being held up by the Democratic Senate would be swept away in their new 114th Congress.

What has happened? How many bills have passed both chambers and have been sent to the President?

Hundreds? No?

A hundred? No??

Fifty, twenty-five, ... ten? No???

Six.

Six bills have been sent down Pennsylvania Avenue in two months. Five became law.

Congr ess . gov "To the President" Filter

Since we have completely covered all possible angles of Keystone XL in other threads, let's exclude that from this discussion, okay?

Given that though ... what's going on? Where are the monumental, world shattering, job creating changes that the Republicans were promising?

Where is the replacement for the ACA?

Where, for that matter, is the Bill of Impeachment for that Tyrant Obama???

And further more, feel free to point out all the bills in process that will change all of our lives for the better.

Thank you for your contributions!
edit on 18Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:33:14 -050015p062015366 by Gryphon66 because: Citation

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Promising things they can't deliver is what politicians do best.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I just hope that more people see both parties for what they really are.
How about a 'Libertarian Revolution'?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wait, so the question is where is the stuff they said while campaigning? Really?

I've said it before that the excuse of "he'll just veto it anyways" is a freakin cop out. Let him veto it, and you still have a ledge to stand on. But not passing anything because of that poor excuse should be reason enough for all of those hypocrites to get bent.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I can't get behind that either. The libertarians I interact with on a regular basis are extremely dogmatic. There's no issue to which the mythical "unregulated free market" is not the appropriate solution in their minds. This faith in the idea that anything can be solved with the free market is based in large part on unrealistic modeling of human behavior. In this sense, they're akin to communists.
edit on 2015-3-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You had me at "impeachment".

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No argument from me....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's the 60 votes that cause problems in the Senate.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Where, for that matter, is the Bill of Impeachment for that Tyrant Obama???

Don't hold your breath. 0bama won't be impeached unless he goes full-retard. The Republicans want everyone to keep hating him for who he is and what he does. It's punishment, you see? Sometimes you get what you vote for ... even if it is the lesser of two evils. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I just hope that more people see both parties for what they really are.
How about a 'Libertarian Revolution'?

Tell you what. I'll give you your Libertarians if I can have my Tea Party.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Where, for that matter, is the Bill of Impeachment for that Tyrant Obama?

You seem not to be aware you actually need a valid reason for impeachment, the President being a democrat, or black is not considered a valid reason by most people....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Waiting for there instructions from the elite, politicians don't take a dump without someone saying its OK...or you still believe we are not being herded like cattle ????

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

How bout circumvention of the constitution for starters...I'm sure we could add more but that should be plenty considering it was intended to be the supreme law of the land. How bout making a contribution here instead of that piddily little comment chalk full of assumptions about someone who did nothing more than bring us a new bone (article/story/topic) to chew on.

ETA: before you make some assumptions about me I have great disdain for almost every single willing politician...have you ever seen or heard of one who doesn't lie, play the game, and generally help them and their buddies more than us the people. The problem is politics is seen as a career...people want to be rich and the means is their career. From that angle you can see you will never have a career politician on your side. Only their own.
edit on 8-3-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The GOP is be brocken and so long as it remains a party at war with its self it will do nothing. On the plus side for the GOP doing absolutly nothing for the last almost decade means that it is hard to blame them for doing a particular thing. The less people that turn out for elections the better for the GOP. If you have nothing to make your focal point of GOP policy it is hard get people motivated to come out and vote. Lets face it the Tea Party part of the GOP is disgusts the genenal population so its agenda is DOA. The traditional part of the GOP can not compromise on things (the way Congress has operated since its creation) or the Tea Party attacks them. So the GOP is in essence a party that has no power to do anything beyond making sure nobody else gets anything done.

By its very natures Conservatives die off and are replaced with newer generaions who have more progressive views. So time will slowly fix the problem unless the GOP breaks apart before that. And honestly what are they going to do? The ecomomy is growing, US soldiers are no longer being killed in combat, the US back as a global leader, former enemies are dropping like fles and moving to the West like Iran and Cuba, Obamacare is now polling popular at a national level. Things in the US have vastly improved. So what really is the GOP expected to do? Stay out of the way and thats what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If they couldn't impeach Bush, they sure in hell won't be able to impeach Obama. Unless, he has an affair with a government aid.
Congress will impeach a president for an extramarital affairs, but won't impeach over torture, invading and occupying another country, spying on U.S. citizens, and overstepping congress with executive privileges. Congress is so dysfunctional, they spend all their time engaging in partisan bickering. To think they represent the citizens of the U.S. is a joke.

edit on 8-3-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's all a dog and poney show for us...like a damn WWE soap opera. At the end of the day those guys are playing their own games amongst each other for their own gain and benefit...citizens be damned!
edit on 8-3-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's the 60 votes that cause problems in the Senate.

Precisely and Dirty Harry's fillabuster rule was reversed by Mitch McConnell one day one taking the high road as leader.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Republicans promised that the backlog of legislation ... "hundreds of bills" ... being held up by the Democratic Senate would be swept away in their new 114th Congress.

Your choice of wording seems designed to imply it was the Democrats holding up legislation. In reality it was the Republicans who were holding up nearly all legislation, as well as setting the record for the number of filibusters to stop legislation from even being considered. Boehner has sat on an immigration bill for nearly two years and won't even allow it to be voted on.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Then how come the Republicans won the mid-terms yet again? There is a whole bunch of old time Democrats as well that have left that party.

If the nation was doing as well as you say, then the election would have been a landslide for the Democrats. Apparently, the voting public isn't quite as disaffected with the Tea Party or satisfied with Obama and Co. as you portray....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I really have a serious question. Can any of you point to a politician who was actually looking out for the citizens as opposed to themselves? Giving factual information to back it up so we can all see. I really think it to be an impossible task which is why I ask.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join