It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Col. Corso, still perplexed...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I've tried to let it go after all, the evidence clearly proves to me anyhow, it never happened. I am still perplexed how an Officer like him would put together such a story, much less an entire book. I see he still has a strong support from people for his tale and that is stunning but alas, it is how the world we live in currently works I guess. I get the whole "Embellishing" your career thing and it is so much more common for that. For instance, VA secretary Robert McDonald who said he served in Special Forces which was also weird to me... I mean, he earned an Infantry Badge, Airborne wings and a Ranger tab. That is a nice enough accomplishment to me, why add stuff?
But Col. Corso went way out there lol. I am torn between a Man who was so duty, bound that he might've been asked to help further with some disinfo for secret projects of the era, to a Man who was just taking advantage of the Roswell thing going on around him and make a quick buck. What do you folks think when it comes to motive?
edit on 3-8-2015 by vance because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2015 by vance because: Tried to edit for better paragraphs, I seem to have failed...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vance

Corso always came across to me as genuine. Please highlight clearly the piece of evidence that proves hes a liar?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Genuine...and then busted down to a limited position to take away his credibility down the road.

But he and his story? Real deal.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you're going to embellish your career, you might as well do it with style.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Please highlight clearly the piece of evidence that proves hes a liar?

Brad Sparks exposes Corso's false claims Here

Keep this date in mind as you read on, as it explodes Corso's story as a tissue of lies. Corso claims he warned "Wiesner" that he would start carrying a gun and if he ever found a CIA man following him again, the agent's body would later be found with bullet holes in his head. Later in 1961, "Wiesner" himself was found dead by hanging in a London hotel room, the victim of suicide, Corso claims. Better not tangle with that Corso, no telling what might happen!

Problem is that Frank G. Wisner (not "Wiesner") had been hospitalized and replaced as top CIA covert operator nearly three years earlier in August 1958, first by an acting covert operations director Richard M. Helms and then by Wisner's permanent replacement, Richard M. Bissell, on January 1, 1959. Thus Bissell was the actual CIA Chief of the Clandestine Service (or Deputy Director for Plans) serving in 1961 at the time alleged in Corso's tale.

Corso tells a good story but that's all it is , a story.

edit on 8-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hi Athlon,
First I said the evidence was clear to me, implying I don't want to try to convince you otherwise. However, since you asked nice for one incidence of a fabrication I will say this. He signed a sworn affidavit 2 months prior to his death that he served on President Eisenhower's National Security Council. This has been proven to be quite an embellishment of the facts.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Im reading about the history of Cia and head quarters below. Nothing you have said is convincing proof hes lying. He may of gotten some date years mixed up but wouldn't anyone who is 80 and recalling the past evidents of their lifes. Is that's the best you or anyone can come up with then if this was a court room and you were providing your evidence it would be categorized as anecdotal, circumstantial. Please provide hard proof - you guys always demand it from the ufo believers and in this thread its your turn to wear the shoe, lets see how tough you guys are wearing it.

Cia
created in
September 18, 1947; 67 years ago

The George Bush Center for Intelligence is the headquarters of the Central Intelligence Agency, located in the unincorporated community of Langley in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States.
The headquarters is a conglomeration of the Original Headquarters Building (OHB) and the New Headquarters Building (NHB) that sits on a total of 258 acres (1.04 km2) of land.[1]
The Original Headquarters Building was designed by the New York firm Harrison & Abramovitz in the 1950s and contains 1,400,000 square feet (130,000 m2) of space.[1] The ground was broken for construction on November 3, 1959, with President Dwight Eisenhower laying the cornerstone,[5] and the building was completed in March 1961.[1]
The New Headquarters Building, designed by Smith, Hinchman and Grylls Associates, was completed in March 1991 after the ground was broken for construction on May 24, 1984.[1][5] It is a complex that adjoins two six-story office towers and is fully connected to the OHB.[1]

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Corso never needed and never embellished his career. When you are cabinet level material like he was, why would he need to embellish?

The fact that so many are willing to fall for the discrediting of those in these high circles, show how successful the campaign of ridicule and defamation has been.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Please provide hard proof

You asked for evidence , I linked a piece from Brad Sparks who is a reputable UFO researcher who has exposed the holes in the story told by Corso , I doubt you bothered to read it.
Now you want "hard proof" , I suspect nothing short of a confession from the man himself would constitute hard proof in your eyes so no I don't have hard proof.

edit on 8-3-2015 by gortex because: edit

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I suspect that he was either playing people or getting played, himself. Either way, it was a lie.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Thanks Tangerine,
I do not think he was played himself, because it is a clear record he lies and or embellishes whether his supporters want to believe or not, I don't care. This was not the point of my thread in the beginning lol. Sen. John MCCain spanked him like a baby for claiming hundreds of our troops were left to die in North Korean War prisons after the armistice lol, on live TV no less!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You asked for evidence , I linked a piece from Brad Sparks who is a reputable UFO researcher and has exposed the lies told by Corso , I doubt you bothered to read it.
Now you want "hard proof" , I suspect nothing short of a confession from the man himself would constitute hard proof in your eyes so no I don't have hard proof.

I will go on record now demand hard proof in this thread. You debunk guys take pleasure in demanding it from the believers. Nothing less will do.

Now youve admitted you have no hard proof, but you think hes still a blatant liar (confession required) on the grounds that Brad sparks is reputable ufo researcher.

Reputable by whose opinion? By my opinion If hes bagging Corso using the same superficial rhetoric as you then id say hes a shill - an ineffectual in proving nothing.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

By my opinion If hes bagging Corso using the same superficial rhetoric as you then id say hes a shill

He's bagging Corso by using facts against Corso's claims , of course you'd say he's a shill because he's pointing out stuff you don't want to read.

Reputable by whose opinion?

Reputable by his history of investigation of the subject.

Brad Sparks is a ufological researcher of high standing. He is a leading expert on the CIA Robertson Panel and the history of the CIA investigation of UFOs. He was the first researcher to discover that the Director of the CIA had been briefed on UFOs, the first to obtain the release of the CIA Director's UFO briefing memos, and the first to obtain the release of the complete, uncensored and declassified CIA Robertson Panel report and Minutes, as well as many other important CIA documents, some of which have never been released again to the public.
redpill.dailygrail.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

Thanks Tangerine,
I do not think he was played himself, because it is a clear record he lies and or embellishes whether his supporters want to believe or not, I don't care. This was not the point of my thread in the beginning lol. Sen. John MCCain spanked him like a baby for claiming hundreds of our troops were left to die in North Korean War prisons after the armistice lol, on live TV no less!

Con artists are notoriously easy to con simply because they can't imagine themselves in that role. The fact that he was a chronic liar doesn't rule out the possibility that he was also being lied to. Of course, it also doesn't prove it. Bottom line, does it matter?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't have much of an opinion regarding Corso, either way, but so far the "against" side has missed dates as "proof" he's lying his butt off.

Frankly, I doubt him, too, but have to admit I haven't seen absolute proof that he'd willfully lied... maybe he was inaccurate and lazy regarding timelines, but I miss exact sequences of events as recently as a day ago... and I'm not as old as he was and don't have nearly as much going on in my life... so that's not exactly a solid debunking of the whole affair.

If I've missed something that's truly a smoking gun as to his veracity, then I'd like to see it... as my own suspicions about what's really going on as far as UFO's does not follow Corso's claims (on most days, anyway).

Curious...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Spader

Corso never needed and never embellished his career. When you are cabinet level material like he was, why would he need to embellish?

The fact that so many are willing to fall for the discrediting of those in these high circles, show how successful the campaign of ridicule and defamation has been.

I really should have more clear. I read his book and enjoyed it very much. I have alway leaned towards him telling the truth with a little bit of half truths thrown in. I was just making a joke. And it wasn't even very funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No it doesn't really matter I guess. Like I said, so perplexed on why, that it bugs me today haha. I also still hold some animosity towards him, because I wanted to believe in those days. I thought "Ahah!" We finally got one out there on the bad guys hehe. However, (and I thank God for this ability...) Just because I WANT to believe, did not, does not make me a moron haha. It was / the story that is, proven false to me very quickly. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are people who say he’s a Bill O’Reilly type.

He hypes his accomplishments to the degree he thinks he’s the savior of humanity and the American people

That kind of thing some researchers say.

I read his book and it seems impressive but I have no way of knowing what is true here.

The fact that his ego is a bit out of shape is not a conclusive reason to disbelieve him on this story

He did become btw an “aliens are evil” proponent

I read the Brad Sparks material and came away impressed but still can't conclude one way or the other what the truth is

Though his story should be judged on its own merit I believe.

We just don’t know.

We’ll just have to live with uncertainty until something conclusive happens
…and that may be good and that may be bad!

edit on 8-3-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

No it doesn't really matter I guess. Like I said, so perplexed on why, that it bugs me today haha. I also still hold some animosity towards him, because I wanted to believe in those days. I thought "Ahah!" We finally got one out there on the bad guys hehe. However, (and I thank God for this ability...) Just because I WANT to believe, did not, does not make me a moron haha. It was / the story that is, proven false to me very quickly. Thanks again.

May I ask why you wanted to believe?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

You asked for evidence , I linked a piece from Brad Sparks who is a reputable UFO researcher and has exposed the lies told by Corso , I doubt you bothered to read it.

I will go on record now demand hard proof in this thread. You debunk guys take pleasure in demanding it from the believers. Nothing less will do.

Now youve admitted you have no hard proof, but you think hes still a blatant liar (confession required) on the grounds that Brad sparks is reputable ufo researcher.

Reputable by whose opinion? By my opinion If hes bagging Corso using the same superficial rhetoric as you then id say hes a shill - an ineffectual in proving nothing.

He's a liar because the development history of the "alien" technologies he claims to have had back engineered by others more qualified to do so is a matter of easily verifiable public record.

And it was in no way anyone but Corso's responsibly to substantiate his tall tales.

edit on 8-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join