It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hash tag swipe it left truth commercial promoting hypocritical and shallow behavior

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Youre right. I should had went deeper. I forgot the writers are paid too. The TRUTH people themselves is the correct way to address it then.And yeah its very bad how they are such hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
We're all hypocrites at times...or maybe you are special?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I try not to be a hypocrite but hard as I try sometimes it comes flying out before i catch it. Im no better than anyone else so always keep that in your mind and you will be fine. Political groups have a very hard time not being hypocritical it seems though.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you're going to call me shallow for finding the smell of cigarette smoke to be awful, something that is truly unpleasant to experience, then, uh, OK.

But you couldn't pay me to date someone that smokes cigarettes. It's not a value judgement. I'm not going to sit around someone being nauseous all the time.

Deal with it.
edit on 8-3-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: grainofsand

I try not to be a hypocrite but hard as I try sometimes it comes flying out before i catch it. Im no better than anyone else so always keep that in your mind and you will be fine. Political groups have a very hard time not being hypocritical it seems though.
We're all human and imperfect

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Your post holds two contradictions and one erroneous supposition produced by transferring your feelings onto me...

But it's cool and I am chill... that's why I'm rambling on about some stupid commercial online... can't be much more chill without dying, imo.

Skoal...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
If you're going to call me shallow for finding the smell of cigarette smoke to be awful, something that is truly unpleasant to experience, then, uh, OK.

But you couldn't pay me to date someone that smokes cigarettes. It's not a value judgement. I'm not going to sit around someone being nauseous all the time.

Deal with it.

Its not just date its even talk to them as well from what i get from the commercial. Im a non smocker but it dont stop me from talking to them. A smoker can quit if they want to try but to tell people to not associate because they do smoke is just cruel and mean spirited.

If the smell of ciggaretes makes you nausuous then its not a conscious judgement against the person then. As long as you give a valid reason i can respect that,but the commercial dont specify that does it? Also most smokers if they are nice will put out their cigarette from experience.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
...wanna explain the contradictions you perceive?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'd rather remain cryptic and falsely clever... but, okay.

The 'who cares' is a contradiction because if you didn't (care) then there wouldn't be a post... right?

The 'free speech' remark is also a contradiction as it was made to stifle me and my allegedly innate right to write anything I want about any stupid thing I feel like...

and the 'chill out' was you supposing I was really mad or bothered by the commercial or anything, really, and I'm not... and I'm not actually tightly wound or give two craps about commercials, but was rather waxing stupid about the greater questions held within any little thing, like a propaganda piece trying to eradicate smoking .... thus the "transference" remark I made.

Regards, sir or madam...

Edited to address the post below this one as the first one I made was apparently incoherent and I'm fully in support of communication and good will.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Baddogma because: explained to the best of my limited ability.. .one never can predict what will set someone off on a clever pissing match

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oh, I apologise, just this line:

Your post holds two contradictions and one erroneous supposition produced by transferring your feelings onto me...
appeared to be a rather strong statement but on further investigation just lame unsubstantiated assertions trying to sound clever. You still haven't explained the contradictions and erroneous supposition?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

All those self righteous non-smokers will look back and say " What were we thinking?" when the tax revenue loss comes around to their pockets.

The taxes lost from people quitting will have to be made up from other sources. Those sources are of course the people. Just because less people smoke doesn't mean Govt. will go without the tax base.

I'm not advocating smoking just pointing it out.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

All those self righteous non-smokers will look back and say " What were we thinking?" when the tax revenue loss comes around to their pockets.

The taxes lost from people quitting will have to be made up from other sources. Those sources are of course the people. Just because less people smoke doesn't mean Govt. will go without the tax base.

I'm not advocating smoking just pointing it out.

Peace

Then we will have anti democrat/republican voting commercials.oh wait... lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Loving all your edit's, but I'll stick to the points:

originally posted by: Baddogma
The 'who cares' is a contradiction because if you didn't (care) then there wouldn't be a post... right?
Nope, I post because the topic amused me, entertainment if you like, not an indication that I care about it in any major way.

The 'free speech' remark is also a contradiction as it was made to stifle me and my allegedly innate right to write anything I want about any stupid thing I feel like...
You say what you like, I said I support free speech, if you have interpreted some added value to that personal to you then it is your error.

and the 'chill out' was you supposing I was really mad or bothered by the commercial or anything, really, and I'm not...
Well you did say this...

But yeah, that shallow brand of manipulation does encapsulate much of what bothers me about people (as stosh64 pretty much summed up)... it lacks Truth ... and is thus hypocritical... which is very, very baaaaad.
Very, very baaaaad indicated to me you had some issue so in retrospect "chill out" was not unreasonable.
I bid you good day/evening/night.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's not necessarily shallow to be offended by the smell of someone, or for their tendency for knowingly engaging in unhealthy behaviour.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sure it is. It's shallow and judgemental. Don't be so easily offended.
These self-righteous attitudes are more offensive than anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's not necessarily shallow to be offended by the smell of someone, or for their tendency for knowingly engaging in unhealthy behaviour.

how so? do you know the reason why they smell? maybe a issue with their body makes them smell no matter how hard they try to not be that way. also we all do unhealthy things so that s like throwing rocks in a glass house. Im getting the feeling that calling this out offends some people. why? because its th e"truth" ?(lol see what i done there?)

Anyway im not trying to change people i just felt the TRUTH ad was inane and useless and further used to divide people instead of accepting them for who they are and what they do. We all want to be accepted.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Sure it is. It's shallow and judgemental. Don't be so easily offended.
These self-righteous attitudes are more offensive than anything.

Not really. Foul smells are tangible. Righteous-attitudes, not unlike yours, can be dealt with. You either smell good or you don't. Do you really think smoking makes you smell good?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

how so? do you know the reason why they smell?

If someone smells like an ashtray, it's usually because they smoke.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

how so? do you know the reason why they smell?

If someone smells like an ashtray, it's usually because they smoke.

YOU did not SPECIFY THAT did you? ALso some people who dont smoke work in places where people do and smell the same so you would not talk to them right?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

YOU did not SPECIFY THAT did you? ALso some people who dont smoke work in places where people do and smell the same so you would not talk to them right?

So we were not speaking about smoking the whole time? Didn't realize I had to specify the topic of conversation to the one who brought it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join