It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hash tag swipe it left truth commercial promoting hypocritical and shallow behavior

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am sure many of you have seen these commercials from the TRUTH people about stopping cigarette smoking. My way to promote shallow and hypocritical behavior TRUTH promoters. Oh they are smoking!! lets dont engage with them because they are smoking! They are bad people apparently because they smoke!

TRUTH may act all innocent but they are trying to promote more division and hatred in this country. Just because someone is a smoker dont mean they are a bad person. They are just as valuable as a non smoker is. One of the examples in the commercial is this ugly dude turning down a good looking girl just for having a cigarette in her mouth. Hypocritical much? unrealistic expectations of the perfect person? yes.

The link is below

swipe it left tinder commercial

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That one makes me literally nauseous.

I immediately light one up, whenever it interrupts Better Call Saul or Gotham (heh).

Insufferable, shallow, in one's face feeble manipulation and the actors are insufferable mental feebs... pffft.

So (smooths down hair, buttons shirt and takes a breath)... yeah... I dislike it, too!

BTW really bothered by the actor playing the 'black gangsta rappa' stereotype... who would be eaten and spat out in any lower income urban area I know of... cast because he was black and had eyebrows that go down and make him look 'angry'... so don't smoke or the angry, dancing black man will be on you... gag.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Made me want a fag that did brb.
edit on 8-3-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yeah I imagine alot of people do similiar stuff when that insanity plays. And the acting yeah. totally crappy. Trying to make it seem hip is a even bigger fail.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Made me want a fag that did brb.

That's brave of you to admit.

I support you.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

One of my friends is a commercial actor and he did one of those spots a while back. He also did one for the Patch.

He smokes regularly.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

People have preferences. If someone is looking for someone they are attracted to, there are going to be ALL KINDS of behaviors and physical attributes they either like or don't like. And smoking is one of them, like it or not. It doesn't mean the swiper is shallow or hypocritical. What's shallow or hypocritical about not wanting to hang out with someone smokes?

It also doesn't mean that the smoker is a "bad person".

Don't be so sensitive.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Haha star and flag for making me laugh!
Just rolling a smoke now to maybe watch it again and chuckle, chill though, it's a campaign group, what would you expect. Funny as #.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
...just checking you know a fag means a cig here in the UK?
*Edit*
A mate of mine while in the US asked his drinking group "Shall we go outside for a fag and see if there's any fanny worth chasing there" and the response was cold, but what he meant was shall we go outside for a smoke and see if there are any girls worth chasing there"
...different folks, different words.

edit on 8.3.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So as long as I smoke I wont have to worry about people like that being around me? Time to go buy a carton.

That video represents everything I cant stand about this world.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

When you go off of looks it is always shallow. Its shallow to judge someone on skin tone correct? its shallow to point out someone and laugh at them like you are better isnt it? I call it as i see it. Shallow commercial.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
All of it is shallow, I have my own predefined categories of women I may be interested in or not...so does everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One of my friends is a commercial actor and he did one of those spots a while back. He also did one for the Patch.

He smokes regularly.

LOL. THAt is just perfect! Actors get paid though so they themselves arent being hypocritical. the writers and directors ARE though. If TRUTH wanted to be TRUTHFUL they would hire non smokers for their commercials only right?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
When you go off of looks it is always shallow.

If they were going on looks, they would have swiped right on the pretty girl who smokes. Smoking has VERY little to do with looks and more to do with health and clean air.

So what's shallow about not wanting to date a smoker? What's hypocritical about it?

Would you swipe right on a fat girl? Doesn't that make you the shallow one?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
All of it is shallow, I have my own predefined categories of women I may be interested in or not...so does everyone.

True. Its how we all go about giving others a chance despite our preferences that makes us not shallow though. The TRUTH people dont seem to get that apparently. You can have prefrences and still give some one a chance to change those preferences. If you dont and just swipe it left THAT is what is shallow.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Would you swipe right on a fat girl? Doesn't that make you the shallow one?

I'd click on a smoker over a fat girl everytime...call me shallow.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

you missed the part in the commercial where they guy swipes left on the pretty girl? They are saying done even give them a chance to change your perceptions though. thats shallow isnt it?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Technically, the writers and producers are paid, too... but actors are notoriously starving and frequently prostitute themselves (metaphorically as well as really) for a meal.

But yeah, that shallow brand of manipulation does encapsulate much of what bothers me about people (as stosh64 pretty much summed up)... it lacks Truth ... and is thus hypocritical... which is very, very baaaaad.

However, it reveals a deeper truth about people's expectations, actions and flawed constructed reality... so there IS truth to it, but as far as smoking cigarettes and deeper truths about the human condition, it is False.
edit on 3/8/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Who cares, it's an advert from a campaign group so of course it's biased.
I support free speech, chill out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join