It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban on American flag at UC Irvine reversed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It is a response to the if you don't like it you can get out statement.

It is entirely in ones rights to think that about the flag, they do not need to get out of the country for having them.
Why should they get out for exercising one of the fundamental rights of being an american?

Is it cause you don't agree with them?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It is entirely in ones rights to think that about the flag, they do not need to get out of the country for having them.
Why should they get out for exercising one of the fundamental rights of being an american?

I never said they must, I said they can. Their options are be bothered by people respecting America and her Flag, or leave the country. The option they do NOT have is preventing people from showing respect, and flying, the American flag in America.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I agree they the flag ban was wrong.

I do not agree with the like our flag or get out mentality that filled this thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I agree they the flag ban was wrong.

I do not agree with the like our flag or get out mentality that filled this thread.

I don't care if it's liked. Hate it. Don't ever try to ban it. If it bothers you so much you can not stand to see it then leave the country, that's your solution. You have no right to try to ban the American flag in America. I don't know why you would want to be in a country you hate so much.

You have every right to think whatever thoughts you want. If you want to stay and suffer then do so. Your thoughts.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: machineintelligence

The fact that it is even an issue, that we can fly an American flag in America, or not, sucks! Those who come to this country need to respect us for what we are. If they don't like looking at our flag, ignore it, or move back from where they came from. SImple as that.......

They are free to quick march it right back over the border they illegally crossed to get here.

Yea, all those damn Hispanics in college...there's no fooling us! We know you illegally crossed the border! As IF there is such a thing as a legal Hispanic citizen, who attends college...
edit on 10-3-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If they are federally funded, and/or state funded, then a flag cannot be banned.

If they want to be a private college, or university then they can do whatever they want, but as long as they are funded by our US tax dollars, the flag of the USA must fly.

edit on 10-3-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

awwww hell no. Attn: mexican students, you don't like the flag, go to school in Mexico.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

My Dad fought under it ,I fought under it and YOU get to talk under it (In ENGLISH)ONLY because we have.
History IS why we revere the flag not our foreign policies,if you want to spread guilt, it doesn't work on the victors too well.
Right or wrong here we are.

edit on 11-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

No, it is a matter of complete disrespect. What they are doing is akin to having your friend tell you "if you need a place to crash, I'm here for you bro" and then spending a month on his couch and internet and not looking for a job.

America is one of the very few countries in the world outside of Western Europe where one has the ability to fly the flag of their home nation without reprocussions from government or other people. Why must they abuse that freedom? I wouldn't care if someone was flying the Mexican flag, I see it often as a matter of fact. But don't try to turn around and tell me my flag is offensive, take it down! In my own country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join