It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs. America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Is it possible for china to win a war against the united states, and would they be able to invade america? and im not talking about each countries allies, just china agains united states. of course allies will jump in, just theoretically think about who would win. i think we would stomp china, and the main reason for that would be because we have the air superiority, and i think we have the tanks. i think the only things we would have against us would be that they have far more soldiers than we do. but its about the quality, not the quantity.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
China could win if the conflict takes place in China or another place like Taiwan. But invade the U.S of A.? Nah ! No one in their right frame of mind would want to commit troops and resources to inherit a couple of trillion dollars worth of deficit, inner cities, drugs, gangs, racism, etc. They probably would just buy everything they wanted in the United States. They can afford to.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Is it possible for china to win a war against the united states, and would they be able to invade america? and im not talking about each countries allies, just china agains united states. of course allies will jump in, just theoretically think about who would win. i think we would stomp china, and the main reason for that would be because we have the air superiority, and i think we have the tanks. i think the only things we would have against us would be that they have far more soldiers than we do. but its about the quality, not the quantity.

It is impossible for any country to invade the continental U.S. Their ships would be sunk and their air transports would be downed.
We have total air dominance; this would help but now all out win a war against them. As of today they lack the power projection capabilities to take over local countries.
We would pick up their buildup at their bases, ports, and airfields and sniff around to see what�s up... We put our forces on heightened alert and go on about our business. They try to invade and that�s it...

China arguably is ~15-30 years behind the US in terms of military technology. Yes, they have been upgrading the past few years but that isn�t to say we have stopped advancing. Most in charge of our military have seen this and have deemed China as a severe threat. That is why you are suddenly seeing all these proposed space based and other advances offensive and defensive weapons lately.
We are aggressively making sure we don�t get caught up to.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The only way we are vulnerable is by nuclear strike... It looks like this.

In 10 years someone gets pissed at us, fuel up their nukes, we see this in progress and raise our forces on highest alert. The enemy launches nukes, most get intercepted by Aiges cruisers, ABL 747s, PAC-3s, and what ever other defenses we have in place then. We take a couple of hits; 1 hour later they are turned into a sheet of glass...

Of course what I wrote is a little simplified.

Some people seem to get offended when one talks about the impenetrable America but lets face it, we don�t spend all this money for fun times...

[edit on 18-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Also, to answer your first question about an all out war.
It is possible for China to win on their turf if they know exactly what they are donning. Logic suggest that we would try to systematically destroy their communications, electronic equipment, EW stations, silos, and achieve air dominance in minimal time. If we where to do the above and made the right moves we could have them finished off. It would be safest if we bombarded them from the air for a few weeks before we committed ground troops and whatnot. One again I�m not trying to make the U.S. look or seem invincible but we have strategists that have already planned for destroying China and are ever modifying it with our accusation of increased technology...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dixon
China could win if the conflict takes place in China or another place like Taiwan. But invade the U.S of A.? Nah ! No one in their right frame of mind would want to commit troops and resources to inherit a couple of trillion dollars worth of deficit, inner cities, drugs, gangs, racism, etc. They probably would just buy everything they wanted in the United States. They can afford to.

Really!! You base this on what ?
FACT- The USA can EFFECTIVELY project its military capability in ANY REGION of the world almost instantaneously.
FACT - The USA would NEVER commit to a full scale land war in central Asia.
FACT- Economy of china depends almost 50% on america.[Exports to US contribute 50% of China's GDP]
IF china did attack, the battle would be over before they reached midway [i.e midway islands] and as we say here in America " be back at the bar before the other guy knew what hit him".
RESULT- China in ruins and all hopes of finally acheiving world respect shattered & all the surviving chinese would be humiliated again by a foreign power!
China divided and sold to various cooperations in america as Industrial Zones to exploit.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guy, in case U've not heard about it yet, China just bought IBM and the American corporations are scrounging in China for work. Colin Powell just reneged on the agreement with Taiwan and publicly told them that they should not even harbour thoughts of independence. Surrendered even before the first shot. But then again, it's alright to be upset. As the they say, the truth hurts and lies are soothing.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Winning a war against a super power is not the only way to take their place in the world.

new topics

top topics

join