It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Caught Stealing $1 Billion From Pensions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I see what you mean. I too tried linking it in the op but the Exxon article is there instead of the link I wanted. You can copy and paste the title I posted into google and be able to read the article.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

State and federal govt misspend all the time. Changes need to be made on both levels, big changes but big biz won't let that happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I love how caught up in titles some of you are but have nothing to say about the content. Perspective is unique and in sorry you're mislead by a title, a title that doesn't state he stole the money and put it into his own bank account. What's my motive? It's only to air the corruption that is robbing the American people who are in this case the state workers and NJ residents.

Lemme ask you something, are you a Christie fan because you're coming off as one?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol of course they are because you disagree with them? Wanna know who they got their instructions from? Cenk says his name in the first 10 seconds of the video. Are the police who are gonna sue over pension getting their instructions from somewhere too? Well they are, and those people are called their families who they have to support.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It still amounts to Christie stealing since he’s doing it so his reputation as a crazy GOP austerity freak is intact so he could impress the other austerity freaks in the GOP so they’ll vote for him to be president.

So it still amounts to his selfishness and greed to promote his own self interest over the backsides of NJ residents

Its about whats good for his election to president

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Never heard of him but will he get jail for this?.

Haaaahahahaaahahahaaa!

"get jail for this"... as if American politicians are held accountable for things they do. Oh man, you always crack me up.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Heck look at the Social Security system for the best example.

The most recent rape of the SS system was engineered by Paul Ryan (R) and executed by 0bama. Makes what Christie has done look like small potatoes. He's gonna have to do better if he has presidential aspirations. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wonder about those folks who were robbed of their pensions in shady scams of the past...

Plenty of those folks still reeling from their retirements going from comfortable to chaos...

One of these days, someone will take a fall on this kind of theft, if it's Christie so be it, I just hope that the magnifying glass is much broader than NJ when someone decides to turn the screws....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
So it still amounts to his selfishness and greed to promote his own self interest over the backsides of NJ residents.

Which puts him in the same category as just about every other New Jersey politician.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Changes need to be made on both levels, big changes but big biz won't let that happen.

New Jersey public unions and their bloated pensions may arguably be considered 'big biz' but I do not see them giving up their taxpayer subsidized windfall any time soon.

edit on 8-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

cj6

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This guy is just excruciatingly unlikable!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The politicians have raped all of the pension, SS funds and then whine because the people who invested this money want it back...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The first time I saw this guy, I thought he was a baffon. What ever that is.

I use to say I could spot a queer a mile away, my brother said it takes one to know one, not that I have problem with queers, it just seemed I attracted those. Ha,Ha you baffon.

I think need to get rid of all the politicians and start over. Might as well do the banksters and attorneys, then maybe the doctors and auto mechanics.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
We're in a sad state when I see this and I'm not surprised at all, but I do a double take at every time I hear or see a story about an upstanding politician. Not that I've heard or seen any for a long time.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Look on the brightside my American freinds.

Least all your politicians are not a bunch of pedophiles like ours

We win the trophy for #ed up goverment

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's not just Christie it is all of them. It is our system, capitalism + freedom = Elitist win. When people have so much money they can pay for the news you get to be what they want you to get to mislead you into voting for their puppets.
It will take an American "Spring" to clear the garbage and reset. Probably another 25 years before that happens though.

People cant make informed choices when all the information is a lie.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Can you ever completely trust

A really fat man

by a cookie jar?

# 383
edit on 9-3-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Look on the brightside my American freinds.

Least all your politicians are not a bunch of pedophiles like ours

We win the trophy for #ed up goverment

No I think we have a few as well just no proof on them yet. But I do think if we run the hard math yours have taken more money from you.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
New Jersey public unions and their bloated pensions may arguably be considered 'big biz' but I do not see them giving up their taxpayer subsidized windfall any time soon.
Pension benefits are deferred wages that have been negotiated and agreed upon by both parties. The employer doesn't want to pay now, but promises to pay later. Where's the windfall in that?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuckPension benefits are deferred wages that have been negotiated and agreed upon by both parties. The employer doesn't want to pay now, but promises to pay later. Where's the windfall in that?

Because a public union, unlike a private one, is able to hold the taxpayers hostage over necessary services during contract negotiation. Politicians are loathe to have service interruptions and have bilaterally agreed to nearly all demands in New Jersey over many decades.

edit on 9-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join