It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Caught Stealing $1 Billion From Pensions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

N.J. trooper unions sue Christie over shortchanged pension payment in proposed 2016 state budget

Chris Christie: Higher pension payments in New Jersey could mean higher taxes

CAN CHRISTIE, LEGISLATURE DEFUSE JUDGE'S $1.6 BILLION PENSION BOMBSHELL?

Jersey Pension Imbroglio Huge Obstacle to Chris Christie's 2016 Hopes

Gov. Christie Shifted Pension Cash to Wall Street, Costing New Jersey Taxpayers $3.8 Billion

Any Christy fans out there? If so, can ya explain this? Just another story of a politician being against the people and for his masters. Taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

Is he running for Prez? If so, god help us if he wins and the way he caters to the 1% he has a great chance of it too!
edit on 8-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I LOL'd when I saw the title, thinking this would be a hack job..but..

from TYT?

Ouch. Lucie is gonna have some 'splainin to do....

~Tenth

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Karma is a bitch especially when your a bully like him.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
So Swills, Are we supposed to be surprised here? Another Thief/Politician caught again! It's just too obvious now what's going on, just wait til all the pension funds are plundered throughout the country. Then and only then will people get off their Collective Tushies and start to do something about this Criminal Element. It takes people not being able to pay for Food, Mortgages, Meds etc. for them to really take notice and that's where we're heading. Good Catch Buddy and Peace
Arjunanda. Oh and S&F for you! a reply to: Swills

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Skin him and feed it to the buzzards.
Pure human garbage.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

When you hear a story like this you hope it's just a hack job because who wants this to be real? State workers having money from their pensions stolen and given to the elite. You work all your life for that money and just like that it's taken because of one corrupt, powerful politician.

This is just a fine example of our political system where money rules and the rest of us drool. Take money out of politics. Stop giving corporations and Big Banks the freedom of being called a person. Money in politics is ruining not only this country, but the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Christie is your typical slime ball politician who serves only himself and his interests. Not surprised by this in any way actually. Can't believe this guy is going to be a possible candidate in 2016.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Surprised? Oh gawd no! Just another drop in the bucket of the corruption political pool.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Never heard of him but will he get jail for this?.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

What's sad is, this is a huge scandal but I doubt it will see much light on the MSM, especially Fox News. Meanwhile, not long ago he was apart of some other scandal involved in closing a bridge. That got lots of air time and in the end I think he was exonerated. But this, guilty as charged and caught red handed, I doubt much of anything will come from this. I hope I'm wrong but....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: tothetenthpower

When you hear a story like this you hope it's just a hack job because who wants this to be real? State workers having money from their pensions stolen and given to the elite. You work all your life for that money and just like that it's taken because of one corrupt, powerful politician.

This is just a fine example of our political system where money rules and the rest of us drool. Take money out of politics. Stop giving corporations and Big Banks the freedom of being called a person. Money in politics is ruining not only this country, but the world.

100% publically funded elections and limited time frame for campaigning.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He's the Governor of New Jersey and I do believe running for prez or thinking about it at least. He's been in the news a lot for some time now. He pals around with Obama but is a Republican.

Will he go jail? There has to be an investigation first and do you really think anyone is gonna investigate this? Thanks to lawyers, loopholes, politicians lies and pointing fingers this will probably never be investigated. Just another day in the corrupt world of politics.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Looks like a good start to me. The other problem with these so called people donating to politicians, only the elite who are backed by the elite can run. The days of mommy telling you you can be anything you want even prez are over. Google how much Obama's campaigns cost him during election season and be disgusted by the high cost.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It won't get the air time from the MSM because of his connections and who he is politically. The bridge scandal was just a scratch to the surface of how this guy operates in my opinion. I don't think the investigation into the bridge scandal was conducted thoroughly because they just wanted it to go away.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
'Does a 'billion dollars in a Pension fund' sound excessive to anyone else?

How the hell do you steal that much and not get caught till later?

A billion gone missing isn't that extraordinary, shoot the bank and corporate bailouts in 2008 involved trillions. But who took the pension and when is a little harder to accept.

How does that happen so nobody notices?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Here's a thought.

Ben Swann is a member of ATS now, with a joint venture. Investigative Journalism at it's finest.

Why don't you send them a PM with the link to this thread? Maybe it'll be interesting enough for him to bite on it?

~Tenth
edit on 3/8/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He'll just blame it on a member of his staff and go on a firing spree.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Never heard of him but will he get jail for this?.

He's the jack weed that screwed his own people during the storms that hit NJ a couple of years back.

Oh yeah and he loves to stuff his face like the bloated pig that he is.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
He'll just blame it on a member of his staff and go on a firing spree.

I'm sure he will hire his own investigation team too.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Another Mover and Shaker ....

Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.

John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776

I think we Required it a long time ago ......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join