It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Account of Exodus.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Who or what is they? This argument isn't very clear and its also way to broad making it logically fallacious.

Well if you want to be purposely obtuse despite everyone else who read this understanding what I was saying, "they" means the various books of the Bible.

This is simply not true, and I'll show you with one claim:
"Something is itself." This isn't subjective, and it doesn't require any form of physical evidence to prove its validity. It is a simple truth statement.

That's because you just defined a tautology. The claims in the Bible aren't tautologies.

This coming from the guy who made reference to the Q source earlier?

No... What are you talking about?

This may be true in Science, but not history. You said " None of the claims are tested or explained how to be tested in the bible so we have to just assume that these people are telling the truth. " No historical claim can be tested or explained how to be tested. You are trying to act as though we should have repeatable evidence for historical claims. Thats simply not the case. Can a historical claim ever be proven? No. As I have said multiple times we can only come up with an educated opinion. That doesn't mean that all opinions are equally valid

Except the claims in the bible defy physics. All the stories in the bible talk about things that cannot happen in reality. Therefore since science is being denied, in order for the claims to be believed, you need to produce objective evidence that such things happened. You cannot just ask me to suspend scientific belief just because some asshole wrote something down.

To be honest, I'd find it more believable that Jesus existed if all that crap about walking on water, raising from the dead, etc wasn't included. If it showed the account of a real person preaching progressive ideas for the time that was sadly punished for such thoughts, it would be a MUCH more believable story than some miracle son of god dude.
edit on 10-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
ohr.edu...

The papyrus describes violent upheavals in Egypt, starvation, drought, escape of slaves (with the wealth of the Egyptians), and death throughout the land. The papyrus was written by an Egyptian named Ipuwer and appears to be an eyewitness account of the effects of the Exodus plagues from the perspective of an average Egyptian.

Moses betrayed his (foundling in the weeds and rushes) adopted mother and father Pharaoh; stole KHEM and Qabala information; then claiming 'slavery' of the Niburu/Hiburu. Moses was brought up as a "PRINCE" (how dare he claim himself a disenfranchised slave; COME ON. Moses a spy upon the Sirian 6th dimensional Egyptian house of his parents. Once he had the secrets of the THOTH Mystery Schools he vamoosed.
edit on 11-3-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

So things are true based on how many people believe them?

Sorry, but I reject groupthink ideology as supreme.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Except the claims in the bible defy physics. All the stories in the bible talk about things that cannot happen in reality. Therefore since science is being denied, in order for the claims to be believed, you need to produce objective evidence that such things happened.

Quantum physics demonstrated that the world is essentially conscio-centric; a world based from consciousness. If our conscious states are effecting reality, i.e. the placebo effect, then it is our conscious state, or faith, which could materialize into the physical world:

Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment. (Matthew 8:13)

Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment. (Matthew 9:22)

The moment of faith is what allowed the patient to be healed. Conscious manipulation at its finest. Don't believe it? Then it won't work for you. Even Jesus can't help someone who is faithless:

"And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." (Matthew 13:58)

Anything that is impossible is only impossible because you think its impossible. In response to his disciples being unable to heal a man possessed by a demon;

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)
edit on 11-3-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Quantum physics demonstrated that the world is essentially conscio-centric; a world based from consciousness. If our conscious states are effecting reality, i.e. the placebo effect, then it is our conscious state, or faith, which could materialize into the physical world:

You misunderstand Quantum Physics and what it means to observe something, but in any case, all that applies to the quantum level. General physics doesn't work like this.

Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment. (Matthew 8:13)

Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment. (Matthew 9:22)

The moment of faith is what allowed the patient to be healed. Conscious manipulation at its finest. Don't believe it? Then it won't work for you. Even Jesus can't help someone who is faithless:

So how come such feats cannot be repeated? If all it takes is a moment of faith, then anyone should be able to do it. Let's do an experiment, stab yourself severely then you have a moment of faith that you'll heal the wound. Then we can see if your hypothesis holds true.

"And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." (Matthew 13:58)

Anything that is impossible is only impossible because you think its impossible. In response to his disciples being unable to heal a man possessed by a demon;

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)

First off, it is widely believed that ancient demon possession are considered to be cases of sleep paralysis or just mental illness. Second, your cop out answer of "just have faith" doesn't explain why I should suspend my knowledge of science and how it works to believe something that someone wrote down. Quoting the VERY thing that I find untrustworthy to argue for its trustworthiness is just stupid.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So how come such feats cannot be repeated? If all it takes is a moment of faith, then anyone should be able to do it. Let's do an experiment, stab yourself severely then you have a moment of faith that you'll heal the wound. Then we can see if your hypothesis holds true.

"Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” (Matthew 4:7)

I would assume it is because the very act of testing something has inherent disbelief. You do not need to test something you know, and such faith is required. But, yes, there has been groups of people to mimic Jesus' acts. Acts of the apostles is one example, but you'll reject that because its in the bible. The Rosicrucians are an order of Christian doctors who went around healing people.

First off, it is widely believed that ancient demon possession are considered to be cases of sleep paralysis or just mental illness. Second, your cop out answer of "just have faith" doesn't explain why I should suspend my knowledge of science and how it works to believe something that someone wrote down. Quoting the VERY thing that I find untrustworthy to argue for its trustworthiness is just stupid.

He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.” (Mark 8:12)

Look, I'm not the one who writes the rules. The people who are capable of doing such feats are the ones who believe it can be done. And you are wrong, quantum physics DOES insinuate that it is the conscious observer which can manipulate the outcome of the probabilistic framework we are living in. The world is a sea of waves, in which the observer collapses this waveform into a material scenario:

In reference to the double slit experiment, which demonstrated that particles react to observation:

“Observation not only disturbs what has to be measured, they produce it. We compel the electron to assume a definite position. We ourselves produce the results of the measurement.” (media.noetic.org...)

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” (R.C. Henry, “The Mental Universe” ; Nature 436:29,2005) (1)

We were made in God's image as creators, but we lost faith in this ability long ago. People are starting to wake up though. We are in a mental construct, and the substantiating factor is faith.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

"Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” (Matthew 4:7)

Well that is certainly convenient... /sarcasm

I would assume it is because the very act of testing something has inherent disbelief. You do not need to test something you know, and such faith is required.

I wouldn't assume anything and go actually research the answers, but hey that's why I told YOU to do the experiment. I'm the one with doubt that it won't work, not you. All you need to do is demonstrate that your faith works by carrying out the experiment. In fact, if you have TRUE faith, you should have no problem carrying out the experiment since you know that do so will just prove you correct. What you said just appears to be a rationalization because you know that a moment of faith ISN'T what is needed to heal people, but actual medicine and science.

By the way, you ALWAYS need to test things you know, because what you know may not actually be true.

But, yes, there has been groups of people to mimic Jesus' acts. Acts of the apostles is one example, but you'll reject that because its in the bible. The Rosicrucians are an order of Christian doctors who went around healing people.

Of course Acts isn't a valid source. It is just as untrustworthy as any other book in the bible. I need CLEAR, objective evidence that the claims in the bible actually happened. Not a book full of claims from humans saying it happened. Also, you need to provide a source for your Rosicrucian claim.

He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.” (Mark 8:12)

I'd really wish you'd stop quoting me bible verse like it means something or is a valid reason for you to dodge my requests for evidence. We are questioning the bible here, therefore using the bible to confirm itself or divert doubt is circular reasoning.

Look, I'm not the one who writes the rules. The people who are capable of doing such feats are the ones who believe it can be done. And you are wrong, quantum physics DOES insinuate that it is the conscious observer which can manipulate the outcome of the probabilistic framework we are living in. The world is a sea of waves, in which the observer collapses this waveform into a material scenario:

In reference to the double slit experiment, which demonstrated that particles react to observation:

“Observation not only disturbs what has to be measured, they produce it. We compel the electron to assume a definite position. We ourselves produce the results of the measurement.” (media.noetic.org...)

“A fundamental conclusion of the new physics also acknowledges that the observer creates the reality. As observers, we are personally involved with the creation of our own reality. Physicists are being forced to admit that the universe is a “mental” construction. Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. Get over it, and accept the inarguable conclusion. The universe is immaterial-mental and spiritual.” (R.C. Henry, “The Mental Universe” ; Nature 436:29,2005) (1)

This isn't saying what you think it is saying because the term "observer" doesn't necessarily mean a living thing. Quantum Physics doesn't prove that Jesus rose from the dead or that it is even possible. It doesn't prove that he walked on water or healed the sick. You are trying to take a narrow view of Quantum theory and apply it to the bible while ignoring the rest.

We were made in God's image as creators, but we lost faith in this ability long ago. People are starting to wake up though. We are in a mental construct, and the substantiating factor is faith.

/eyeroll

Faith stopped being important to humans a while ago. Now that science has provided a MUCH better mechanism for explaining the universe (which ironically you are trying to usurp with your Quantum Physics ramblings) than the bible ever could. You still haven't given me any objective evidence that highlights why I should suspend my knowledge of science to believe instead the claims of a bunch of goat herders 2000 years ago. Lol at faith.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

This isn't saying what you think it is saying because the term "observer" doesn't necessarily mean a living thing. Quantum Physics doesn't prove that Jesus rose from the dead or that it is even possible. It doesn't prove that he walked on water or healed the sick. You are trying to take a narrow view of Quantum theory and apply it to the bible while ignoring the rest.

Yes it is saying what I think it is saying. Can you supply me a peer-reviewed experiment that denies the peer-reviewed experiments that I gave you? No, you can not. Quantum Physics demonstrates the world is a probabilistic mental framework. This is why belief is the power of the observer. To conclude the abstract of 'Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments':

"By contrast, factors associated with consciousness, such as meditation experience, electrocortical markers of
focused attention, and psychological factors including openness and absorption, significantly
correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double-slit interference pattern. The results
appear to be consistent with a consciousness-related interpretation of the quantum measurement
problem"

Praise science!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why is it when a secular historical pagan source semi-supports a part from the bible, some people right away dismiss it ?

Those reactions stinks of cogitative dissonance.

Just saying, that's how it looks.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes it is saying what I think it is saying. Can you supply me a peer-reviewed experiment that denies the peer-reviewed experiments that I gave you? No, you can not. Quantum Physics demonstrates the world is a probabilistic mental framework. This is why belief is the power of the observer. To conclude the abstract of 'Consciousness and the double-slit interference pattern: Six experiments':

I didn't deny these experiments happened. I said you are interpreting the results incorrectly. Here a link for you to read:
Does Quantum Mechanics Require A Conscious Observer?

The notion that the interpretation of quantum mechanics requires a conscious observer is rooted, I believe, in a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of a) the quantum wavefunction ψ, and b) the quantum measurement process. This misunderstanding originated with the work of John von Neumann (1932) on the foundations of quantum mechanics, and afterwards it was spread by some prominent physicists like Eugene Wigner (1984); by now it has acquired a life of its own, giving rise to endless discussions on this subject, as shown by the articles in the Journal of Cosmology (see volumes 3 and 14).

Quantum mechanics is a statistical theory that determines the probabilities for the outcome of a physical process when its initial state has been determined. A fundamental quantity in this theory is the wavefunction ψ which is a complex function that depends on the variables of the system under consideration. The absolute square of this function, ψ2, gives the probability to find the system in one of its possible quantum states. Early pioneers in the development of quantum mechanics like Niels Bohr (1958) assumed, however, that the measurement devices behave according to the laws of classical mechanics, but von Neumann pointed out, quite correctly, that such devices also must satisfy the principles of quantum mechanics. Hence, the wavefunction describing this device becomes entangled with the wavefunction of the object that is being measured, and the superposition of these entangled wavefunctions continues to evolve in accordance with the equations of quantum mechanics. This analysis leads to the notorious von Neumann chain, where the measuring devices are left forever in an indefinite superposition of quantum states. It is postulated that this chain can be broken, ultimately, only by the mind of a conscious observer.

Actually, by now it is understood by most physicists that von Neumann's dilemma arises because he had simplified the measuring device to a system with only a few degrees of freedom, e.g. a pointer with only two states (see Appendix). Instead, a measuring device must have an exponentially large number of degrees of freedom in order to record, more or less permanently, the outcome of a measurement. This recording takes place by a time irreversible process. The occurrence of such processes in Nature already mystified 19th century scientists, who argued that this feature implied a failure in the basic laws of classical physics, because these laws are time reversible. Ludwig Boltzmann resolved this paradox by taking into account the large number of degrees of freedom of a macroscopic system, which implied that to a very high degree of probability such a system evolved with a unique direction in time. Such an irreversibility property is also valid for quantum systems, and it constitutes the physical basis for the second law of thermodynamics, where the arrow of time is related to the increase of entropy of the system.

Praise science!

Praise science? No one worships science. Science is a tool used to help us better understand the universe. It isn't something to be revered and worshiped no more than a hammer.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Pffft!

We don't have to put the Lord your God to the test! There are millions of faithful children starving, being abused, dying from diseases daily. Who hears their prayers and refuses to answer them? There are millions of innocent and faithful children losing their parents, brother and sisters and loved ones to war, disease and violence everyday. Their prayers are left unanswered by the Lord your God.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Pffft!

We don't have to put the Lord your God to the test! There are millions of faithful children starving, being abused, dying from diseases daily. Who hears their prayers and refuses to answer them? There are millions of innocent and faithful children losing their parents, brother and sisters and loved ones to war, disease and violence everyday. Their prayers are left unanswered by the Lord your God.

Largest Humanitarian Institution on the planet...

en.wikipedia.org...

and here's another one with 60 thousand employees in 126 countries...

The Salvation Army is one of the world's largest providers of social aid[citation needed], with expenditures including operating costs of $2.6 billion in 2004, helping more than 32 million people in the U.S. alone.
en.wikipedia.org...

What does your Church do?

edit on 11-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

End preventable child deaths

Donate monthly to help children
Every day, children die needlessly from preventable causes—and they don’t have to. UNICEF takes proven, low-cost methods that save children’s lives and makes them available regardless of income, ethnicity or location.

By making a 100% tax-deductible donation to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF today,
you can provide children with:

Lifesaving vaccines and insecticide-treated bed nets
Emergency relief following natural disasters
Educational opportunities and School-in-a-Box kits
And much more
www.unicefusa.org... BxoCL3zw_wcB

UNICEF, like all charitable organizations, relies on human contributions.

Does your god only work when money and human intervention is involved?

edit on 11-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

How do those organizations prove that all you need is faith to heal wounds like the original debate between cooperton and I was talking about?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I didn't deny these experiments happened. I said you are interpreting the results incorrectly. Here a link for you to read:
Does Quantum Mechanics Require A Conscious Observer?

Regardless of whether or not quantum physics requires a conscious observer (which I do not think can ever be proven or disproven; think Schroedinger's Cat for example, the Cat exists as a wave of probability of being dead or alive until an observer actually looks in the box), my main point was that the conscious observer can effect, for example, the interference pattern in the double slit experiment. Regardless of whether or not matter NEEDS a conscious observer to exist is besides the point for now.

But, it was demonstrated that an observer can, with statistical significance, manipulate the outcome of experiments by thought alone. In the article I gave, he discusses how a group of people well versed in meditation were able to significantly change the interference pattern with nothing but their intent, whereas others were not. Being statistically significant, we have to consider this phenomenon, in which, the only variable is conscious observation. The placebo effect is a great example of this, people given an inert pill claim therapeutic benefits. Why? Because they have FAITH in their doctor, and BELIEVE they are going to get better.

Praise science!

Praise science? No one worships science. Science is a tool used to help us better understand the universe. It isn't something to be revered and worshiped no more than a hammer.

(does scientology worship science?) I was being facetious, you're not a fan of south park? But I do agree, science is the left-brained microscopic approach to the truth, whereas spirituality is the right-brained holistic approach. Someone who is completely spiritual without scientific support will be baseless and to ethereal to grasp reality, someone who is completely scientific without spirituality will have microscoped their thinking being unable to ascertain the bigger idea. I think understanding both perspectives is imperative to gain true knowledge, that is why I am hoping you at least consider that there may be some revolutionary truths within quantum physics that make us re-evaluate what is the real substance of our universe; consciousness.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Regardless of whether or not quantum physics requires a conscious observer (which I do not think can ever be proven or disproven; think Schroedinger's Cat for example, the Cat exists as a wave of probability of being dead or alive until an observer actually looks in the box), my main point was that the conscious observer can effect, for example, the interference pattern in the double slit experiment. Regardless of whether or not matter NEEDS a conscious observer to exist is besides the point for now.

But, it was demonstrated that an observer can, with statistical significance, manipulate the outcome of experiments by thought alone. In the article I gave, he discusses how a group of people well versed in meditation were able to significantly change the interference pattern with nothing but their intent, whereas others were not. Being statistically significant, we have to consider this phenomenon, in which, the only variable is conscious observation. The placebo effect is a great example of this, people given an inert pill claim therapeutic benefits. Why? Because they have FAITH in their doctor, and BELIEVE they are going to get better.

That is a FAR cry from actually healing someone with your thoughts and good intentions though.

(does scientology worship science?) I was being facetious, you're not a fan of south park?

So that's where you got it from, I see now. I actually love South Park, and that episode arc truly captured the evolution vs creationism debate pretty good. The joke in my avatar is from South Park.

Scientology doesn't worship science.

But I do agree, science is the left-brained microscopic approach to the truth, whereas spirituality is the right-brained holistic approach. Someone who is completely spiritual without scientific support will be baseless and to ethereal to grasp reality, someone who is completely scientific without spirituality will have microscoped their thinking being unable to ascertain the bigger idea. I think understanding both perspectives is imperative to gain true knowledge, that is why I am hoping you at least consider that there may be some revolutionary truths within quantum physics that make us re-evaluate what is the real substance of our universe; consciousness.

Left Brain vs. Right: It's a Myth, Research Finds

Now, scientists at the University of Utah have debunked the myth with an analysis of more than 1,000 brains. They found no evidence that people preferentially use their left or right brain. All of the study participants — and no doubt the scientists — were using their entire brain equally, throughout the course of the experiment.

The preference to use one brain region more than others for certain functions, which scientists call lateralization, is indeed real, said lead author Dr. Jeff Anderson, director of the fMRI Neurosurgical Mapping Service at the University of Utah. For example, speech emanates from the left side of the brain for most right-handed people. This does not imply, though, that great writers or speakers use their left side of the brain more than the right, or that one side is richer in neurons.

There is a misconception that everything to do with being analytical is confined to one side of the brain, and everything to do with being creative is confined to the opposite side, Anderson said. In fact, it is the connections among all brain regions that enable humans to engage in both creativity and analytical thinking.

"It is not the case that the left hemisphere is associated with logic or reasoning more than the right," Anderson told LiveScience. "Also, creativity is no more processed in the right hemisphere than the left."

Anderson's team examined brain scans of participants ages 7 to 29 while they were resting. They looked at activity in 7,000 brain regions, and examined neural connections within and between these regions. Although they saw pockets of heavy neural traffic in certain key regions, on average, both sides of the brain were essentially equal in their neural networks and connectivity.

"We just don't see patterns where the whole left-brain network is more connected, or the whole right-brain network is more connected in some people," said Jared Nielsen, a graduate student and first author on the new study.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Pffft!

We don't have to put the Lord your God to the test! There are millions of faithful children starving, being abused, dying from diseases daily. Who hears their prayers and refuses to answer them? There are millions of innocent and faithful children losing their parents, brother and sisters and loved ones to war, disease and violence everyday.

Sounds like you watch too much evening news.

Why are people in Africa starving? Because their leaders made deals with westerners to establish cancerous societies which requires banking, mcdonalds, etc. I could write a book on the topic, but think about it, why do Africans have dirty water? It is because the western world is polluting it! Normal stream water is completely drinkable, in fact, physiologically preferable over our fluoridated, chlorinated, tap water. But us Americans love to indulge! We need more, and more, and more, like cancerous cells. Cancerous cells on planet earth extracting vital resource from other areas of the body (earth). Imperialism is exactly this, parasitic. As long as we continue to demand excess, there will be suppliers who, through sanguinary means, produce these supplies for the gluttons. We devastated the middle east for oil, but hey, we need it, right? I don't want to driving a pussy-ass hybrid when I can be reving up a good ol' gas-guzzlin' truck.

So instead of telling "God" to fix all the disease and hunger, maybe we should look at our gluttonous selves, and cut back on our superfluous intake of food and fuel. Maybe then we can start living harmoniously and cut back on the immense disparity among cultures of our world.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Left Brain vs. Right: It's a Myth, Research Finds

There is a misconception that everything to do with being analytical is confined to one side of the brain, and everything to do with being creative is confined to the opposite side, Anderson said. In fact, it is the connections among all brain regions that enable humans to engage in both creativity and analytical thinking.

Yeah, Unionizing the two perspectives is what generates the most fit thinker. Albert Einstein's post-mortem analysis noted that he had a peculiarly large corpus collosum, indicating that the connections between his left and right brain were numerous.

"It is not the case that the left hemisphere is associated with logic or reasoning more than the right," Anderson told LiveScience. "Also, creativity is no more processed in the right hemisphere than the left."

This dichotomy was epitomized by the research of Dr. Gazzaniga. Using someone who had their corpus callosum cut, meaning the patient’s two brain hemispheres could not communicate and therefore acted independently from each other, the functions of the left and right hemisphere were able to be elucidated.

Gazzaniga presented an image of an assemblage of vegetables/fruits in the shape of a man (sites.psu.edu...)

The patient's right hemisphere saw this image of a man assembled from vegetables/fruit as a man, whereas his left hemisphere saw this picture as a bunch of vegetables. The left hemisphere was incapable of understanding the whole, but rather defined the object as its constituent parts. The right hemisphere understood the whole, and was able to identify this picture as a representation of a man. The right hemisphere uses a macroscopic perspective whereas the left hemisphere uses a microscopic perspective.

Even more interesting is that our current left-brained dominant society, which looks to science for life's truths, is indicated by the fact that 90% of people are right handed (left-brain controls right-hand). Back in the time of the bible, people wrote from right to left, as opposed to today we write left to right. A right to left written language implicates the usage of the left hand (although they still probably called it the "right" (correct) hand). In other words, people back then were majorly right-brained, left handed people, indicated by them writing from right to left (i.e. Aramaic, Hebrew, etc). This is why their holy books, which they looked to for truth just as we today look to science for truth, are written in spiritual prose. They had a general intuitive idea of how the world worked, but had no science to back up their claims.

Now we are essentially in an era where our scientific report will validate certain truths expressed in the bible. This is how we know they are true, because science proves the spiritually-inspired claims.

Herein comes quantum physics, demonstrating that consciousness, thought alone, has an inexplicable effect on the outcome of the material world. And, who's to say that this effect is not more profound than we could currently fathom? I know you don't like to consider certain books that start with B or people who start with J, but I want to put one more quote:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these... (John 14:12)

Maybe the human race was destined for much more than we were lead to believe.... by leaders who have no concern for the truth.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That is a FAR cry from actually healing someone with your thoughts and good intentions though.

actually as it is understood now... 50% of your mental health effects your physical health.

so helping someone with good thoughts and good intentions is actually helping them heal physically.

psychcentral.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Not sure what you are getting at here. My article admitted that lateralization is real:

The preference to use one brain region more than others for certain functions, which scientists call lateralization, is indeed real

That doesn't mean that people use one side of the brain more often than the other as this research shows.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join