It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO escalating Ukraine crisis with blatant lies, according to Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

As a Europen I honestly wish that the Americans would simply stop interfering in the Ukraine - along with my own UK government. Germany has healthy trade links with Russia and has every right to protect the jobs that this creates as well as the diplomatic relationship we need in Europe for peace. Any war the USA gets involved with in the Ukraine will be on our heads and back yards, not the people of the USA or other interfering me governments.

Some pipeline and oil interests that are the reasons behind the USA, Saudi and Quatar shaking up the situation in the ME and of course Ukraine are not in the interests of Europe and the sooner Europe gets free of the oil dependancy that saudi depends on the better for world peace as well as hot spots in the ME.

Perhaps at Breedlove's age its time he thought about retirement. With the new weapons and drones its hardly likely we would need an army in europe and the arsenals of missiles is probably splitting at the seams - so I wonder why indeed we keep NATO forces when warefare has moved on. Any time WW3 starts up it will be the end of us all anyway with the pollution some of these weapons put into the air, ground and water systems.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

and Der Speigel editorial staff don't know a VW from a Russian Tank.

What is that even supposed to mean? Are you trying to say that the whole thing didn't happen? Bad reporting by Der Spiegel?

Lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is highly likely that Germany would walk out of the NATO alliance if it pushes for war with Russia. Germans know the actual horrors of war. Americans mostly know it from the cable news clips.

US nose out of many places in the world would bring immediate peace and long lasting solutions to the problems.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cant resist.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We had Henry Kissinger giving an interview with the BBC Radio 4 news today. Even Kissinger said NATO is going too far in pushing against Russia and should make it clear that no more expansion towards Russian borders should take place

I heard him say it today. Wow! Kissinger said it and he was talking sense

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
We had Henry Kissinger giving an interview with the BBC Radio 4 news today. Even Kissinger said NATO is going too far in pushing against Russia and should make it clear that no more expansion towards Russian borders should take place

I heard him say it today. Wow! Kissinger said it and he was talking sense

kissinger reminds me of the man who declared "peace in our time". NATO wasnt pushing into anywhere it was not asked to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What?

So, you are telling me that there was a reason for NATO expansion after the Warsaw pact dissolved? Tell me, what was that reason? Was any Eastern( including Baltic ) country in danger, and if so, from who? I think the reason was and still is obvious, especially after all that's happened in the last year.

Silly me, i thought the only purpose of NATO was to oppose the Warsaw pact! I forgot when it started to be the official UN peace-keeping army! Oh, but wait, it's still not that! So, what NATO really is? And who's it's real enemy?
edit on 8-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Even Henry Kissinger said today NATO is going too far in annoying Russia by taking on more countries. Even Kissinger said today NATO should make it clear to Russia enough is enough and they will never take on Ukraine. Kissinger said it! That's coming from the horses mouth

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Even Henry Kissinger said today NATO is going too far in annoying Russia by taking on more countries. Even Kissinger said today NATO should make it clear to Russia enough is enough and they will never take on Ukraine. Kissinger said it! That's coming from the horses mouth

See previous post for my answer and view on kissinger. still trying to be relevant when he is not.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

NATO only went places they were asked to go. did you miss that or just overlooked it?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I dont think you have the slightest clue who or what NATO is.

NATO is defensive in nature, its also completely voluntary. Sovereign nations have the right to opt in anytime so long as they meet NATO standards and requirements. They also can opt out of the alliance at anytime they wish IF THEY FEEL THE ALLIANCE NO LONGER SERVES A PURPOSE.

And why would NATO dissolve just because Warsaw did?! That makes no sense. Part of restructuring soviet debt and financing (by western NATO countries) was that russia allow former soviet blocs their independence from Moscows rule. When warsaw countries started jumping ship and voting on independence, warsaw was no longer functional. Its actually pretty simple.

edit on 8-3-2015 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Odd how so many countries would not recognize such a great demonstration of democracy, isn't it Nikola? Wow that evil US controls so many countries!

This is coming from people who voted George Bush as president. And when the ballots didn't go the right way, they were recounted, and then recounted again and when that failed ballots invented to make up the difference. This comes from people who elect a president, who gives his own people ... the finger on the election day, as a general "thank you", I'd guess.

People living in glass houses, shouldn't be throwing rocks around ...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rock427

NATO is defensive in nature, its also completely voluntary. Sovereign nations have the right to opt in anytime so long as they meet NATO standards and requirements. They also can opt out of the alliance at anytime they wish IF THEY FEEL THE ALLIANCE NO LONGER SERVES A PURPOSE.

Bahahaha Defensive? Was it defensive to bomb Libya? Take a good look at NATO's ahem defensive actions in the past and try that statement again.

Seems like a fitting reply

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Odd how so many countries would not recognize such a great demonstration of democracy, isn't it Nikola? Wow that evil US controls so many countries!

This is coming from people who voted George Bush as president. And when the ballots didn't go the right way, they were recounted, and then recounted again and when that failed ballots invented to make up the difference. This comes from people who elect a president, who gives his own people ... the finger on the election day, as a general "thank you", I'd guess.

People living in glass houses, shouldn't be throwing rocks around ...

Western democracy is a bad joke, you get the choice of a couple of clowns who are going to pass the exact same laws and start the exact same wars as each other. "Freedom and making a difference when you vote" blah blah blah. Here's the truth there is no freedom, there is no choice in western democracy, it's the biggest con the world has seen. At least dictators, evil and sick that they are, are up front about what they do. Western countries make you think you are making a difference and you have freedom when you don't and then have the fools cheering for it.
edit on 8-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

I am offended by this article and the title for this thread. I don't see Germany taking this stance the only thing I see is one online newspaper making these claims. The online newspaper does not stand for all of Germany this title should be amended immediately.

As this title stands now for this thread it is pure propaganda and a lie and backed by this site.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

i often heard that it's the US' goal to maintain Europe as its little inept puppy. The USA need the Europeans as some kind of stooges but they are certainly not interested in a strong Europe.
So from that perspective fueling a big fire in the EU's backyard makes sense.

Russia has been a good trading partner for Europe. No one will gain from a conflict between Europe and Russia except USA foreign policy and the arms industry. Of course the USA already offered to send arms.

It's sad that the ones who scream the most for war are the ones who sit in limousines, palaces and safe bunkers. the one who die are the people who did not want war but were forced to it.

Breedlove should get kicked out of the office for lying, constructing an enemy that isn't there and pushing Europe into war. But in reality he will get some more medals and nice dinners with good friends on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Don't get me wrong, the USA are a great country but they have to stop messing with other countries and sacrifice their sons in regions that are not their business or in conflicts they themselves created for questionable reasons.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Most of us have a clue ... you just have "belief".

Britain, one of the prime members of NATO dumped the Soviet Union with rubles and caused the financial collapse. It was an ellaborate plan, that took decades of planning.

The US dumped chemicals into the air over the Atlantic ocean, during specific times, to have these chemicals carry over to Russia. They discovered this, during the volcanic eruption in Iceland in 1974, where the ashes carried all the way to Moscow.

These chemicals caused vast wheat crop failure inside the Soviet Union, which was the underlying reason for the Soviet Union's collapse.

After all, being an expert on NATO ... you did know this, right.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Your answer is in the link title

NATOanswered UN call to bomb lybia and protect civilians.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Bahahaha Defensive? Was it defensive to bomb Libya? Take a good look at NATO's ahem defensive actions in the past and try that statement again.

Seems like a fitting reply

Libya was UN mandated and enacted by countries under the UN security council banner. NOT NATO. NATO remains defnisive in naure. No amount of verbal gymnastics by you will change that.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: sosobad

Your answer is in the link title

NATOanswered UN call to bomb lybia and protect civilians.

And how were the civilians protected?

By sending them to their mass graves, by means of Al Qaida and torture cells that have now become the Islamic State.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join