It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I spied the all-seeing eye in Church.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I would say Catholic symbol rather than Christian.

Catholics ARE Christians.
You could say it's a Catholic symbol and not a Protestant symbol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: stosh64
I would say Catholic symbol rather than Christian.

Catholics ARE Christians.
You could say it's a Catholic symbol and not a Protestant symbol.

that is somewhat correct...

The Catholic Church has not used it as a symbol in its churches for a long time. The Church has basically abandoned the symbol when the masons started using it.

[Protest]ant's kinda took it over, deep implications here...

Evangelical fundamentalists, who also condemn the Church’s use of pre-Christian Greek and Hellenistic philosophy.
eg; Evangelical fundamentalists = Catholics
catholicbridge.com...

Now all of the architecture in DC is of the ancient Greek classical order, not Roman. (Rome adopted Greek Classical order in their architecture such as their columns but they integrated their own elements of design, DC has not... it is full-on classical Greek order architecture)

additionally; the Catholic imagery is Christ nailed to the cross.

edit on 8-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was in a catholic church in Italy a few years ago and the domed roof had an amazing fresco.

The centerpiece was a huge all seeing eye maybe 6-8 feet in size.

I was somewhat suprised but saw a few more along the way although never so prominent.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I was in a catholic church in Italy a few years ago and the domed roof had an amazing fresco.

I was somewhat suprised but saw a few more along the way although never so prominent.

out of Europe I would search the history of the specific church you seen this in...

lots of turmoil and divisions during the reformation.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AinElohim

originally posted by: nonspecific

out of Europe I would search the history of the specific church you seen this in...

lots of turmoil and divisions during the reformation.

I cannot remember where I saw it I travveled all over and did not take a photo as you were not allowed cameras.

I intended at the time to look into it but as usual life got in the way, I can't even remember what city I was in.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Tucket
While suffering through another round of Church today
Why do that to yourself then?
I don't go to any church and I certainly wouldn't start just because everyone else does.
It reminds me of living on Koh Lanta (island off Thailand) and all the 'Muslim' lads I was partying with would trot off to the morning call to prayer even though none of them believed in any god. Even crazier was that I was partying with them drinking alcohol while they were all doing amphetamine because the village elders couldn't smell it like booze.

I get the point, but a lot of countries do not have the same post-enlightenment, post-industrial, secular society we do. I have tons of friends like that too from other countries. They will drink heavy, smoke, have sex, you name it. But their local culture and family is such that if they were to overtly shed the outer beliefs and practices of tradition, there might be serious problems for them.

We can't judge unless we lived in such a culture from youth.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The all seeing eye is probably the most evil symbol in all of Conspirianity.

Here you go, Conspirianity fundamentalists. Use this Hamsa to protect yourselves. 😒

👣

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

The Freemasons had (have) their own versions too.

We typically just use the Eye without the triangle. An eye within a triangle was first used in the 1500's and was initially a Christian symbol.

Please reference The World's Eye by Albert M. Potts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join