It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There May Not Be Even One "Biological" Physical Alien In Our Universe !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do I say that ?

If you read the "Rare Earth Hypothesis" with the "Fermi Paradox", you could come to that conclusion.

Rare Earth Hypothesis

Fermi Paradox

Now we are all biased in one way or another based on our previous education and personal belief system.
For example I do believe there are Aliens strictly by definition but they don't have physical bodies, they don't live on any planet, and they live in a spiritual dimension, different from our physical one. Some are good and some are bad, you can probably figure out who I am talking about here, but that is a different topic.

But what I find fascinating is that some of those that believe that life can just spontaneously create itself, also seem to think, it's such a rare event that it is possible this is the only planet it might have occurred on.
This is brought out in "The Great Filter"
The Great Filter

edit on 8-3-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

or what if we were the last surviving intelligent species on the universe?

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The arrogant nature of people proclaiming our existence as being singular in the universe is unfathomable.
Fermi's paradox is flawed in that we have no idea why or how other civilizations who may be millions of years more advanced than us will communicate...
If i gave columbus and inquisition era spain a nuclear sub and gave them all the money in the world, they would not be able to recreate it.
The same goes for building cell towers and giving iphones to neanderthals. They would not be able to understand nor respond to calls.
Much is the same for us...we may be the first and it will be us making contact in a few millenia but it is more likely that extraterrestrial civilizations are waiting for us rather than seeking us out.
Star Trek may have been right when they postulated that warp drive was the signal fire other civilizations are waiting for...although maybe they put a bunch of signs outside the ort cloud that we wont see until we traverse the expanse of space....who knows.
But it is arrogant to assume we are alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

We live in a gigantic sized galaxy with billions upon billions of planets in it, I would think that physical life is more probable than not. I would think that there's most likely other types of life too, perhaps energy based or something else other than the physical type.

And that's just our own galaxy, let alone the universe we live in that were not even sure the size of yet, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Couldn't have said it better myself. I know for 100% fact that the saucer exists because I have seen one in the 70s,BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT WAS DRIVING IT IF ANYTHING. Other people ( including a girl that laughs at me for believing) saw the saucer too and her 2 uncles, it dipped into a tobacco field here in south Carolina, that same year my cousin took a great polaroid pic of a saucer but he is a crackhead now and I cant get the pic. So for me, the craft exists, I am torn between the drivers being germans, u.s. military, ets from the moon or our ocean, or another dimension, they seemed to blink out and appear/disappear. I cant bet my life on aliens but I will on the saucer existing.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Given the vast timescale, it is doubtful that any two instances of intelligent life occur together so as to make contact.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You make some good points, but the points in the links stand as well.
A logical person without bias after reading those articles would give it a 50/50 chance, since were almost all biased, most of us have polarized percentage wise to a certain perspective, for me it's 99/1, that the earth and it's inhabitant is unique in the universe.
It is common for us to gravitate towards what we personally believe, so naturally I am going to give the Fermi Paradox and the Rare Earth Hypothesis more weight in my perspective than the Drake Equation.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There might not be even one biological physical alien in the entire universe?
You gotta be kidding me. What makes us so special?

I clicked on all those links and it seems there is more criticism of those hypothesis' than anything else.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

When people want to argue with you, ask them:

Is there no gravity on the moon?
Is the moon not orbiting the Sun in the 'habitable zone'?

Yeah ... We're a bit more familiar with why there's no intelligent life there, but who can predict what the actual conditions are truly like ... light years from where we sit? More importantly, who can refute the scientist who claims the required conditions have been determined.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

You make some good points, but the points in the links stand as well.
A logical person without bias after reading those articles would give it a 50/50 chance, since were almost all biased, most of us have polarized percentage wise to a certain perspective, for me it's 99/1, that the earth and it's inhabitant is unique in the universe.
It is common for us to gravitate towards what we personally believe, so naturally I am going to give the Fermi Paradox and the Rare Earth Hypothesis more weight in my perspective than the Drake Equation.

Your points are why i come to this site...it is a place to debate and listen to other perspectives..
And i cant tell you how much i appreciate it...
That being said, would your mind change if we were to discover microbial life in our solar system?
Or would you assume it spawned on this good earth and migrated throughout our system?

I will grant you the possibility that we are the first self-aware species and are destined to colonize the universe...but i would say the odds of this is a google to one....
It is much more likely that the universe is teeming not only with life, but with intelligent life.
Who knows how they may or may not be signalling us...pulsars, gamma blasts which break laws of physics, limited emitting signals requiring close contact outside the ort cloud...who knows???
Again, like neanderthals playing candy crush on an iphone, we have no idea how or why advanced civilations may or may not communicate with us....

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The problem we have is the sheer scale of the space around us, not the probability of other life existing itself, the scale of even our own galaxy is massive to us given our current technology.

There's a strong chance that there's plenty of other life forms in our galaxy but our own communications haven't reached them yet or just are not recognisable to an alien species that could be using something other than radio waves.

Just because we consider ourselves to be intelligent does not mean that a different kind of civilisation would use a similar kind of technology to us,their communications could be something completely incomprehensible to us.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Why do I say that ?

If you read the "Rare Earth Hypothesis" with the "Fermi Paradox", you could come to that conclusion.

Rare Earth Hypothesis

Fermi Paradox

Now we are all biased in one way or another based on our previous education and personal belief system.
For example I do believe there are Aliens strictly by definition but they don't have physical bodies, they don't live on any planet, and they live in a spiritual dimension, different from our physical one. Some are good and some are bad, you can probably figure out who I am talking about here, but that is a different topic.

But what I find fascinating is that some of those that believe that life can just spontaneously create itself, also seem to think, it's such a rare event that it is possible this is the only planet it might have occurred on.
This is brought out in "The Great Filter"
The Great Filter

Sure could be true, but extremely unlikely. Wouldn't that make Earth and us more rare than anything else ever identified? It would make Earth/Life a singularity? When I look out at the stars and see pictures of the Universe I see repeat and duplication everywhere. Earth and life then would be the only known non duplicated thing ever...

It is just as likely that life can spontaneously create itself as it is likely a God would just spontaneously exist.

I believe if we were created then God, Jesus etc... where just advanced aliens rather than some magical supernatural entities that exist outside creation. By definition "God" is an extraterrestrial because it supposedly created earth thus is not of earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There are many men having a high opinion of themselves who even imagine that your little globe alone, of all the countless myriads of globes around you, has the privilege of being inhabited by reasoning beings. They fancy that God has created the universe only for them. Insensate vanity!"

God has peopled the globes of the universe with living beings, all of whom concur in working out the aims of His providence. To believe that the presence of living beings is confined to the one point of the universe inhabited by us is to cast a doubt on the wisdom of God, who has made nothing in vain, and who must therefore have assigned to all the other globes of the universe a destination more important than that of gratifying our eyes with the spectacle of a starry night.

Moreover, there is nothing in the position, size, or physical constitution of the earth to warrant the supposition that it alone, of the countless myriads of globes disseminated throughout the infinity of space, has the privilege of being inhabited. -Kardec
edit on 8-3-2015 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

from your own link

On 4 November 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of sun-like stars and red dwarf stars within the Milky Way Galaxy.[43][44] 11 billion of these estimated planets may be orbiting sun-like stars.

so 11 billion possibles in our galaxy alone with billions more galaxies out there so 11billion to the power billions of potentially habitable planets and you think 0 of them have biological life?

Fermi paradox - there are 1000's of documented sightings many from military sources around the world dating back decades if not millenia if pictographs are to be believed.

So I would still say there is more chance there is than that we are alone.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
G'Kar explains the real reason aliens do not contact us:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Sure, they're great hypotheses but I'll throw this one your way. The universe is estimated to be around 14 - 16 billion years old. Earth is estimated to be around 4 - 6 billion years old. That's a lot of time for another Earth type planet to already have been formed and holding life, very possibly a civilization of ET's. Earth like worlds are being discovered quite frequently these days. Here's a recent ATS thread about one.

So Many Earth-Like Planets, So Few Telescopes

It’s a big universe, but it’s full of small planets.

Astronomers announced on Tuesday that they had found eight new planets orbiting their stars at distances compatible with liquid water, bringing the total number of potentially habitable planets in the just-right “Goldilocks” zone to a dozen or two, depending on how the habitable zone of a star is defined.

So far we're just looking for planets like our own but truth is there could very well be ETs from planets and atmospheres that would kill us but is home to them. Neil deGrasse Tyson said it best, life needs energy.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

In a hellish scenario where, as a consequence of their misguided beliefs, humanity one day in the distant past activated a transdimensional portal wherein they transported their entire local reality into an alternate dimension where no other life existed in the Universe.

As described, Hellish. I don't want to believe we are the only ones because the size and what we already know about the Universe should yield an understanding that there is A LOT of # out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Except for all the history, evidence in history. And no those rock carvings and paintings. When a skeptic comes along and puts you through a convoluted excuse to ignore evidence, its basically absolutely insane to listen to it, the astronauts, police, military testimonies and testimonies regressions and actual sitings some of us have had, of both craft AND ET. The list goes on and on and on and on.

And the topic is ludicrous. Not true in the least.

What is true is anyone can have a siting, reach up and ask for contact outside under the stars or in your bed, but first work on your frequency. Don't ignore this step, do good to others, start to report for duty, to Spirit, how can I help those around me and grow up more. Wear the armour of love and the contact will be positive.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Also our bible is based on annanuki sumerian information, Els are Annanuki's and they were in physical forms.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

I have the book, in eform, but also, in his videos he describes what is buried in the Vatican texts concerning this:

---As we don't know what it is, we'll name it by borrowing the name directly from the Vatica, so that we won't go wrong.

If you read last editions of the “Lexicon Recentis Latinitatis”, published by the “:Liberia Editrice Vatican” where they insert the latin neologisms, you'll find that the Vatican inserted “navis sideralis”, which means “starship” They inserted “areia navis”, thus “airship”, they inserted “aireus viator”, that is “astronaut” and they inserted an acronym, “R.I.V” which means: res inexplicatae volantes”, that is UFO's.

Mauro Biglino: Unexpected Bible - Translating it literally (1 of 6) - Eng. subs

Starting roughly at 11 35.

I don't know what to say, but just shudder in horror at those not getting it, not doing their own searches which would ensure they get it, because anyone seeking finds. And working to free this planet which is truly the prime directive of not only all positive cosmic citizens but also of our own Great Teachers, the christed ones.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
our planet should be used as a basic model for all similar . rocky planets in the Goldilocks Zone...

we had a series of different kinds of prevalent life forms that teemed all over the Earth until catastrophe hit and extinctions happened...

the brief synopsis below did not put much emphasis on the Dinosaur era, but if it weren't for a unique hit of a mountain sized meteor at the precise latitude... the mammals probably would still be prey for a globe dominated by raptors totally evolved from those of 65 MYA

I contend that there are 'worlds' out there that resemble the various phases of biological life on Earth past
but as for humanoid, killing, sex driven, religion obsessed, psychotics in one-degree or another is as likely as having a single ticket with one set of power ball numbers and being the sole winner of a $1 Billion Jackpot

source: www.bbc.co.uk...

The history of life on Earth began about 3.8 billion years ago,
initially with single-celled prokaryotic cells, such as bacteria.

Multicellular life evolved over a billion years later
and it's only in the last 570 million years that the kind of life forms we are familiar with began to evolve,
starting with arthropods,
followed by fish 530 million years ago (Ma),
land plants 475Ma and forests 385Ma.
Mammals didn't evolve until 200Ma and our own species,
Homo sapiens, only 200,000 years ago.

So humans have been around for a mere 0.004% of the Earth's history

I think there were 4 previous mass extinctions... with biological life returning in a different form...? haw many different Earths with unique life can happen...5 -10- 100 ??
that is a usable model to determine alien life in our Galaxy at least... the infinite is incomprehensible to calculate so let's just limit ourselves to the Milky Way

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join