It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Band Nuclear Hellfrost Desecrate Dimebag Darrell's Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In an attempt to become famous no name band desecrates the grave of Dimebag, now they are erasing themselves from the internet, haha word of advice they should avoid playing in Texas. Imagine someone doing this to your relatives grave site.

This guy is pretty pissed about it, if you dont like reading click the video he'll blab it for you, below is an apology from the "former lead singer of Nuclear Hellfrost" ---ha, for you to read for what its worth.

Reece Eber, former lead singer of Nuclear Hellfrost, owned up to leaving a disrespectful note on Darrell's grave and sharing it over social media. Eber apologized for the "dumbest possible delinquent act" on his personal Facebook page and made it clear that the other band members had nothing to do with it.

More on Dimebag Darrell:
Pantera Responds to Band Who Vandalized Dimebag Darrell's Grave
Go on a Video Tour of Dimebag Darrell's House & Guitar Collection
Police Officer Who Shot 'Dimebag' Darrell's Killer Still in Counseling for PTSD
"My friends and I have received death threats and multiple insults over the past day or so, I've made the …news, and all I can say to sum it all up is I'm deeply sorry," Eber wrote. The original post (since deleted, though screengrabbed by MetalSucks) says the visitors spat on Darrell's grave, wrote "FAG" on it, and stole a pair of cowboy boots. In the apology, Eber claims it was all a lie, and that all he actually did was leave a note. The post also called Pantera "buncha racist hillbillies."

Nuclear Hellfrost distanced itself from the incident in a Feb. 28 post on its official Facebook, saying, "Anything having to do with grave desecration was entirely a hoax put on by our former lead singer completely disconnected from the other members of the band."

"The fact of the matter is I feel awful and guilty and this will stick with me forever, just like the Seinfeld guy using the N word," Eber concluded in his apology.

www.billboard.com...
edit on 8-3-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Next thing you know they will be biting heads off of birds. Hey, thats a good marketing strategy.

"Who are these guys" equals money in the bank.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If they ditched the lead singer it would behoove them to ditch that band name as well.

They will be infamous and hated in the metal scene for said shenanigans. It's very disrespectful to desecrate any ones grave, much less someone who is universally respected as much as Dimebag is in the music scene your trying to make something of yourselves in.

....smh

edit on 3 8 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Metal people are so silly.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Reece Eber...I will have to look him up on facebook so I can tear him a new one.

Dimebag inspired me to pick up a guitar and I'll be damned if I let anyone get away with spitting on his grave. Us metal heads are a united bunch and we don't treat our departed like that.

EDIT: I've just seen his Facebook page-it was not a prank. This guy clearly hates Pantera.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
He just had a stupid moment, I don't think he will ever do anything like that again, just a bad idea of a ploy to get popular. I make mistakes and learn from them all the time. He also needs to get the Pantera hate off of his fb if he wants anyone to believe his apology.
edit on 8-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Wouldn't the more apt title for the Thread be "Moron who was kicked out of his band desecrates Dimebag's grave and tried to blame it on his former band mates to make it impossible for them to book shows because the name of the band would forever be tarnished in association with this heinous act"? As ATS motto is 'deny ignorance' running with that headline is perpetuating a falsehood as the band itself had nothing to do with the act and the singer was already out of the band when he engaged in this horrid act. Just a little food for thought.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'll never understand how anyone could actually hate dimebag.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Even if for some reason you're not a fan of the music it takes a special kind of piece of S# to F# with someone's burial site. Anyone's burial site for that matter. But like I said, even if you're not a fan of Pantera you would have to have spent the last 2 decades living in a bomb shelter with no access to the outside world to not have at least a passing realization that Pantera has influenced countless bands since CFH and Vulgar hit the pavement. Even in 92 when my skill level was nowhere near the level of musicianship exhibited by Pantera, just the production, sound and song structures, the way they approached writing all had an influence on how I approached my own songwriting. I'm not into the last couple of albums they dropped but Cowboys, Vulgar and Far Beyond Driven are as ingrained into my psyche as old Sabbath, Slayer, the Cro Mags, Neurosis or Ministry which were as essential to my existence as food and water from the 80's through the mid 90's.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Curious how BLS fans will react considering how close they were.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Agreed man.

I am a bit of a metal head, but I have never been a fan of Pantera, yet I highly respect what they brought to the scene and the influence is very strong with them. That can't be refuted.

It's the same with say like the Beatles, Elvis, and the like. Not my taste in music but you HAVE to respect what they brought to the table. I wouldn't have the bands that I do enjoy if it weren't for how the industry evolved from the past greats.
edit on 3 8 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

universally respected as much as Dimebag

Who?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

universally respected as much as Dimebag

Who?

feelin' trolly?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Just wondering if poor old Darrell was really universally respected. Maybe in Metal Universe?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Just wondering if poor old Darrell was really universally respected. Maybe in Metal Universe?

Well when you jump on to a thread revolving around the the genre of metal music, that should be your first clue.

Your second clue should be to read the rest of my sentence. Please see below:
" someone who is universally respected as much as Dimebag is in the music scene your trying to make something of yourselves in"

By using the phrase "in the music scene" I have narrowed down the demographic at which I applied the term universally. So YES I am referring to the metal universe.

If you would kindly stop chopping up my post like some BS MSM outlet and taking my words out of context, that would be great. Your making yourself look like a boob.

edit on 3 9 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

edit on 3 9 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: I can't spell. I am ashamed.

edit on 3 9 2015 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This incident has got me all fired up!

I think I'll write a song about it.

I'm not a metalhead but desecrating a grave just isn't cool.
edit on 9-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Your second clue should be to read the rest of my sentence. Please see below:
" someone who is universally respected as much as Dimebag is in the music scene your trying to make something of yourselves in"

Ah, but did it read like that before you edited it? Hmmm?

Your making yourself look like a boob.

Nothing wrong with boobs, though it's true that they look prettier in pairs.

edit on 10/3/15 by Astyanax because: ome music is, literally, beyond criticism.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

hahaha....before I edited it. LOL I edited it to add the meme on 3/8, the day I posted it. You read and commented on 3/9.

So YES It did read like that before I edited to add a picture a day before you even read the post....smh

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ah yes, but time runs backwards in Metal Universe, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

that link is priceless! I'm going to get hours of entertainment out of that so thank you for posting the folly haha

top topics

join