It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Alarm Clocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Welcome to my world. Every single morning at least one of them finds a new way to wake me up. We have Liddy who insists on knocking whatever is on my bedside table, off onto the floor, until I invariably get up. Then she has the audacity to walk away when I feed her. Then we have Baby Lady Miss Mimi, (don't ask - cat lovers will understand) who has a unique method of using her claws to back comb my hair and then Rosie who pokes me in the face just like some of these cuties.

How many more of you cat lovers are rudely awoken by your feline friends? I bet it's not just me. Any original or unique ways to get your intention?

Anyway thought you might enjoy this.

edit on 832015 by Scallywwagg because: typo

edit on 832015 by Scallywwagg because: spotted an error

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well if that doesn't make ya smile, I don't know what will.

I have had cats most of my life and always enjoyed waking up with the gentle bats of the kitty paws in the face. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Folks had one who would knock stuff off the headboard of their bed. It was all pretty funny until the night he gave one of them a black eye.

The same one used to also play "tail." He'd sit with his tail dangling over the edge of the headboard and expect you to reach of a finger to block the swing of the tail. It would tap your finger experimentally a couple times and then whack the bejesus out of your finger with his tail until you moved it. Then, you were supposed to repeat the exercise.

Because I am mildly allergic to cats, ours are shut out of the bedroom so that the amount of dander on the bed is minimized. Otherwise, I'd have three different alarm clocks to choose from.
edit on 8-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

I have a cat from my friends/ex-neighbours who comes to visit me when they go on holidays. He wants to be as close to me as possible and sometimes lays himself, when I`m sleeping, on my pillow straight next to my face (side sleeper) so I wake up choking.

And the cat from my sister tries to get under my blanket when sleeping, I dunno why, my sister told me she never had tried that by her.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
with the gentle bats of the kitty paws in the face. LOL

Gentle? Your lucky.

Mine will rough you up if you dont get up in time.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't have a cat. I wake up to a dog licking my feet every morning.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Crazy Ivan has a 2 am ritual of knocking things off the kitchen counter until we let him out to go prowl the yard. It's not a litter box or hunger thing because he always uses the box and eats from his bowl just before. It's pure sadistic feline pleasure.

And then, there was Natasha, who would climb on your chest and claw the tender inside of your lower lip with her razor sharp talons. Her brother Boris was sweeter -- he just liked to lie there and smell your morning breath. One day he took it too far and I awoke with his tongue in my mouth. Ewwww!!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

The cat of my friends drools sometimes when you pet him. I made several times dashes from my bed to the bathroom to rinse my mouth because he had dripped in it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My cat jumps on the television and walks around until she finds the power ON button then throws my DVDs on the floor. Its not a pleasant experience

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
See I knew it wasn't just me. Best thing is, they all target me. Whether it's sleeping or trying to wake me up. Last night I went to sleep with two cats on me and one cuddling into me. Gotta love em'

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Our first cat when I was growing up was an indoor/outdoor we called Bony because when we adopted her, she was a starving half-grown. She taught herself to "knock" when she wanted to be let back inside. A "knock" consisted of her jumping up and catching the screen portion of the storm door with her front claws and kicking the lower down metal portion with her hind legs.

The first time she did it. It scared the heck out of us. Sounded like someone breaking in, and she would do it at all hours. Whenever, she wanted in.

Once we lost a babysitter because my parents forgot to warn her about the cat.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Our female wakes me with gentle nudges---forehead to forehead. If that doesn't work she escalates to knocking things off the bedside table. Her "brother" goes to the window and pounds on the window with his paws, no scratching, just beats on the window until someone wakes and lets him out. It is not a loud noise, just a soft persistent sound that finally penetrates the sleeping brain. I have no idea where he learned this. He showed up at our door one day, half starved but well trained in showing us that he wanted inside or outside by just beating his paws on a door or window.
However, he has taught his "sister" to "knock" on the back screen door by hanging a claw in the screen and pulling it back and forth. Although he never actually climbs up the screen, sister will head to the top of the door via the screen if her knocks aren't answered promptly.
Yes, we love our feline Masters.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You know though, once they wake us up and then get fed. They get to go off and do this:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Gorgeous. Cats who sleep with their bellies exposed, feel extremely safe and secure with their owners.

new topics

top topics

join