It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If being gay is a choice...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We are all drawn to one or other of the genders and, as far as that goes, it's an innate attraction not a choice.

But under certain circumstances (the one I have outlined, for example) it is possible to experiment with the gender you're not attracted to and become 'converted', as it were.

It's really not difficult to grasp.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Converted? I think that goes back to we are all a little bit gay.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
We are all drawn to one or other of the genders and, as far as that goes, it's an innate attraction not a choice.

But under certain circumstances (the one I have outlined, for example) it is possible to experiment with the gender you're not attracted to and become 'converted', as it were.

It's really not difficult to grasp.

Those cases are just people in denial about their sexual preferences and not wanting to accept the fact that they are attracted the same gender.

If someone that is willing to at least experiment with someone of the same gender then they are bisexual.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Hi Muse, some interesting thoughts but as boymonkey suggests,

Massive thread with the same question.

There are another couple of threads dealing with the same kinds of things that I am sure you would get a lot from participating in.

www.abovetopsecret.com

Scally x

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For example, a lot of gay men (not so much now but in a less enlightened past) 'chose' to be straight in order to fit in.

Lots of gay men married and had families.

Still do for the same reason though less so now, I imagine.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Video I linked features men with homosexual desires who wish to not live a gay lifestyle (according to them) they want a wife and children so they go to those uhhh camps. It's for adult men who wish to be there not one of those against-your-will-teen-gay-aversion-therapy-camps.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
a reply to: muse7

Because I could go out and discover what it would be like to be with men and see if I would like it, but I don't because... It's my choice to stick with women!

How do you not understand how dumb this sounds?

People who absolutely love pizza, but think they might like burgers as well, don't just ignore trying out a burger. They go out and try a burger. They want to know if they'll like it, and realize that just because they love burgers, doesn't mean they would have to stop loving pizza.

If you think you may truly enjoy having sex with a man, even though you currently know you love having sex with women, why don't you go out and explore that thing you may potentially love? Logic says it's because you don't really want to have sex with a man, because you're not attracted to men. That's why you're so content on just sleeping with women.

You could go out and discover what it's like to have sex with a man, but not because being gay or straight is a choice, but because you have free will. You not being gay is the reason you don't take advantage of the free will you have to go sleep with a man. Otherwise, the normal response to the belief you might enjoy having sex with a man, is having sex with a man. Not talking about how you might enjoy having sex with a man, but that you never will because you totally love women.
edit on 8-3-2015 by ManiShuck because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This topic is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the above linked thread.
Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join