It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If being gay is a choice...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Does this mean that all of you that say being gay is a choice, secretly want to engage in gay sex but choose not to?

If being gay is a choice, then I'd like to hear about that period of uncertainty where you debated your self whether you were going to like men, women or both.

I'm asking because I never had that period where I was asking myself whether I was going to like women or men.

My attraction towards women came naturally for me...but maybe my genes are weird and they just made that decision for me before I was born..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Everyone is a little gay.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Massive thread with the same question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh I agree with you btw...so does all gay folk and straight folk.
I didn't choose also.
But If I could I would be Bi....double my chances

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Same question but change the word gay for christian?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

Everyone is a little Christian?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I am a little gay if I was a woman, men are seriously unattractive IMHO

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

For something to be a choice then you must have multiple choices to choose from, you can choose to be a Christian or atheist or you can choose from thousands of religions.

And that brings me back to my question, do you think being gay is a choice or do you think it's predetermined by your genes? If you think that it's a choice, I'd like to hear how you came to the decision to be straight, gay or bi? Do you want to have sex with the same gender but just choose not to?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Christianity is absolutely a choice, it's not something you are either born with or discover you are at some point. It's inflicted on the young and through brainwashing and authoritarianism it's drummed into people, in the majority of cases.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

For something to be a choice then you must have multiple choices to choose from, you can choose to be a Christian or atheist or you can choose from thousands of religions.

And that brings me back to my question, do you think being gay is a choice or do you think it's predetermined by your genes? If you think that it's a choice, I'd like to hear how you came to the decision to be straight, gay or bi? Do you want to have sex with the same gender but just choose not to?

I chose to be faithful to my wife

as for your question. I dont have an answer, sorry

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Christianity is absolutely a choice, it's not something you are either born with or discover you are at some point. It's inflicted on the young and through brainwashing and authoritarianism it's drummed into people, in the majority of cases.

I became a Christian at the age of about 22, good luck with that theory, try again.

and then there is more

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I don't know if this will answer you question but as far as people wanting to have sex with same gender but choose to not reminded me of this documentary I watched the other day.

We Went To Gay Conversion Therapy Camp (Part 1/3)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
For most it's not a choice.

But I could envisage some effeminate straight men and masculine straight women identifying more with the gay scene than the straight one.

And for those individuals at least, it would be a choice.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It is a choice actually.

You can like something but you don't have to be with/in favor of what you like.

I chose to be straight cause I love to be straight. I love women! Though I am straight, I can still chose to experiment and see what it's like with the opposite sex. Then I might like it, or I might not. If I like it... Will I chose to be gay, straight, or bisexual?

Maybe I'll end up like being with men, but I end up wanting to be with women cause it's wuat I've always done and or prefer. There's many more examples and scenarios.

So being a sexuality technically is a choice. It's a choice and preference actually.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

I became a Christian at the age of about 22, good luck with that theory, try again.

and then there is more

So being Christian is a choice then? Since you chose not to be Christian until you were 22.

When did you choose to be straight?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
For most it's not a choice.

But I could envisage some effeminate straight men and masculine straight women identifying more with the gay scene than the straight one.

And for those individuals at least, it would be a choice.

But then is it a choice, couldn't we say that their genetics contributed to their effeminate nature or their masculinity?

Just sayin' doubt they got to chose either of those.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
It is a choice actually.

You can like something but you don't have to be with/in favor of what you like.

I chose to be straight cause I love to be straight. I love women! Though I am straight, I can still chose to experiment and see what it's like with the opposite sex. Then I might like it, or I might not. If I like it... Will I chose to be gay, straight, or bisexual?

Maybe I'll end up like being with men, but I end up wanting to be with women cause it's wuat I've always done and or prefer. There's many more examples and scenarios.

So being a sexuality technically is a choice. It's a choice and preference actually.

So you've always preferred women and to be with them but then you say it was a choice? How was that a choice if you've always preferred women?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Because I could go out and discover what it would be like to be with men and see if I would like it, but I don't because... It's my choice to stick with women!
edit on 8-3-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

If straight men and women choose to be gay because they identify more with the gay scene then yes it's a choice, ipso facto.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Genetic research in the subject says it is not a choice.
Going around and around in circles here.
Check the other thread out for all my evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

Because I could go out and discover what it would be like to be with men and see if I would like it, but I don't because... It's my choice to stick with women!

Yes you could go out and discover what it's like to be with men, if you have a desire to be with both women and men then that's called being bisexual.

Yet you haven't done that, you say you have always preferred women which leads me to believe that your attraction towards women was not really a choice but rather you were born with that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join