It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

In A Parallel Universe

page: 1

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:00 AM
Have you ever had the experience where you are fully awake, taking part in some activity and somebody tells you that it seems as if you are in another world? I am not talking about when being under the influence of drugs or alcohol or when being caught day-dreaming. I am talking about somebody else noticing your apparent disconnection or detachment from present reality despite the presence of your physical body.

This happens to me often. At first I thought it was just an over-active mind or my imagination running rampant, but after further examination of this phenomenon I feel that it might be something more. What if it is possible for us to coexist in the physical world where our physical body resides and in a parallel universe where our minds can function without our direct awareness?

Of course, what I am describing could be referred to as the subconscious - that iceberg that runs deep below the sea level of our awareness. There is so much we still do not understand about the nature and function of the brain/mind.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:20 AM
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I think we have an immense capacity for self delusion.

I am not querying a parallel universe or your disconnect experience, just observing my own capacity to invent mystery and excitement when things are slow.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:47 AM
So intersting that you posted this. I was labeled a "space cadet" in elementary school. I too daydreamed as if it was an Olympic sport.
I wasn't capable of your professional level though.
I want to tell y'all what happened to me early yesterday morning. I woke up not knowing what time it was. The weather Channel was on as usual because it's great background noise while sleeping. I noticed that they were talking about the cold temperatures (yawn) and mentioned that in about 5 minutes the freeze warning would expire in south Louisiana. I remembere that I got the usual text alert about the warning and that it would end at 9 A.M. So it must be nearly 9 right?
Here is where it gets strange.
As I was stretching in bed getting ready for the 30 minute period of me walking like a drunk robot waiting for my decrepit joints to remember how to work I noticed something odd.
In the corner of the screen was a box with a timer that was counting down the minutes till the freeze warning ended. I had never seen them do that before but the weather channel adds more bells and whistles and is starting to look like Bloomberg tv.
Mind you, I was fully awake. I looked to the window and the blinds were closed but I could see a faint glow.
I get up, walk into the kitchen and glanced at the clock which read 3:35. In the morning. I did a WTF.
I have a history of waking up still in a dream, but it feels extremely strange, and I always know that I'm still creeping out of that dream state.
This was different. I was AWAKE. It dawned on me that it was Saturday and the weather channel host was Al Roker. I watch it enough to know Roker is only on during the week, and that he at NBC by "9 am".
I snatched a coke and went back to the bedroom the weather channel was still on, but the countdown box was gone and so was Roker.
It was surreal. I'm not sure what lucid dreaming is, but it could have been that.
I've read some threads where people theorize that deja vu could be a glimpse into a parallel universe. It could have been that too.
What ever it was it stuck with me all day and didn't fade away as all of my dreams do.
Sorry if I rambled a bit and this is probably a crappy post, but it did help me sort some things out by writing it down and know that I'll get some good ideas from everyone.
My wife thinks I'm an idiot, but she found this crackpot story fairly interesting.
Thanks for posting DG.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:41 AM
If you would allow me to toot my own horn for a sec...

I personally feel as though I have a strong overactive mind. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just hard to focus clearly at times.

The benefit of that is what I'm capable of doing with my eyes closed. Fully awake, eyes closed, slightly meditative.

The ability to project "life" onto the backs of my eyelids is extremely strong and powerful. In my minds eye there are colors, smell, loud noises, conversations, interactions with people and objects.

I believe I have the ability to close my eyes and walk around in my mind so vividly, I could spend an hour on vacation anywhere in the world doing anything I choose.

Thanks for letting me share and I wonder if this is similar to what you have described.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:40 PM

The human subconscious, or shadows, do exist in some plane that requires a certain brain pattern/wave pattern to access; a way of thinking if you will.

It's not always pretty, as your own mood and mental state can make you like a bullseye to what can be a sea of predators.
edit on 8-3-2015 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:00 PM
reply to: Dark Ghost

I think our consciousness is scattered across disinct realities (parallel worlds if you like but I think they are more closely connected than the word "parallel" suggests). We catch glimpses of these places in dreams, daydreams, imaginings, memories and so on. Usually we pay these experiences little attention or categorise them as unreal (as opposed to the things we bang our elbows against) but I think this is unwise.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:04 PM

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
I am talking about somebody else noticing your apparent disconnection or detachment from present reality despite the presence of your physical body.

Do you mean like when you feel like you are just watching everything happen around you ... that you are in your body but someone else is making everything happen ... like you are watching your life and what is happening like a movie?? Or is it something else??

Mental Health America - Dissociation and Dissociative Disorders

Transient and mild dissociative experiences are common. Almost 1/3rd of people say they occasionally feel as though they are watching themselves in a movie, and 4% say they feel that way as much as 1/3rd of the time. The incidence of these experiences is highest in youth and steadily declines after the age of 20.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:25 AM
a reply to: FlyersFan

Is the MHA quote supposed to be an explanation? It is just a description of how people feel with a name attached to it (plus a dubious statistic).

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
I have just joined ATS ! When googling to explain what is the meaning in my dreams and find out if I'm not the only one in this world believe that we can create a portal to other universes through our dreams.

Firstly, I am the high dream recaller. This means, i always remember my dreams (even with some dreams which happened for a long time). I usually wake up at midnight when escape from a dream but when I go to sleep again i can choose if i can enter that dream again or travel to another universe.

I still remember the dream when I first encounter a black eyed woman. In that dream, i stand around 2 meter a away from her in a room and she said "Why be afraid" to me.

Or, in another dream, i saw a birth of a girl (probably she is around 15 years old in age) with wings on her back and around her is a group of wings man and woman.

new topics

top topics