It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat dies 24 hour after I got him...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. Perhaps in time you could open your home and heart to a homeless kitty who desperately needs a forever home.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sounds like a heart defect.

HCM runs quite commonly in some cat genetic lines. Especially in pedigree lines.

Its a insidious thing because it can lay dormant for years. No symptoms.

If lucky you will get some slow symptoms that show over weeks or months and have time to put them on meds that will delay things for a number of years.

But sometimes. it just goes off like a time bomb and causes sudden heart failure.

If your cat had any Mancoon or rag doll ancestors it could very well be that.

If it was that then there was likely nothing you or a vet could do at that stage. The heart would be completely shot.
edit on 8-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Some cats are vehicles, hosts for our family and friends watching over us, more like spirit children, free'er than we are, sending us positive vibes and healings even, and monitoring, providing access points for Guidance and Help. And some might be as on that thread about cats being camcorders, for more neutral and all spectrums of Ets.

When the body isn't needed for the assignment and they have to redesign a way to reconnect to their chosen person, or family, perhaps it is abandoned. Not saying all cats are this, but its something I've noticed, and so believe this cat is fine. Perhaps he/she needed to abandon ship and regroup to reach family member again.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your cat. It sucks. You mentioned him being overweight. I think he had a heart attack. Maybe the stress from the move did it. Don't blame yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Ah, I am so sorry to hear this. Perhaps he died of a broken heart? That's the only thing I can think of.

It might be a good idea to contact the woman if you can, to put your mind at ease. I know, whether good or bad news, I'd want to know. No, you can't explain it to her but just remember she wouldn't have chosen you for it's new family if she hadn't trusted you so I don't think you need to worry that she will think you did something wrong. Besides cats are very self sufficient and hardy.

Take care and know that you didn't do anything wrong. Sending you big hugs.

Broken heart is my guess.

Humans die of it so why not a cat?

OP: Sorry to hear of your experience.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My first thought as I read this was shock. Many years ago, we had a burglary and we figured afterwards that our least courageous cat (at that time) must have come into direct contact with the robbers. She seemed unhurt, but was very shivery for a day or so afterwards and then we just found her lying dead on the carpet in the morning. She was still fairly young and healthy. Years later, there was an article on how shock affects cats in a newsletter from an animal welfare group we donated to. It seemed to fit her symptoms. I don't know about the vomiting, though, but the sudden death made me think of it. Events like moving house can be quite traumatic to cats as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Have you recently had you carpets cleaned? I once lost an entire litter because we moved to a new place and something about the carpet cleaner chemical killed them quickly in like a day 9 of them one after the other. The mom got sick but recovered.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't know about keeping him in a plastic bag.. maybe you should bury him somewhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That is certainly not a normal reaction, a cat usually explores a new environment except when it is very afraid which seems not to be the case here.
So i think that the cat was already ill and therefore crawled away under the couch for so long.
I've worked with cats at the animal shelter, if they are not at ease they will avoid you but it does not prevent them from exploring the environment if it is new to them, usually they will seek a high place such as on a closet and observe for a while until they trust you.
The cats that are afraid and sometimes even unapproachable hide themselves straight away.
Cats who are ill are quite inactive as you described, that is usually a sign that something is wrong.
It might well be the case that she had noticed something in his behavior but did not think to much about it because of his young age.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I don't know about keeping him in a plastic bag.. maybe you should bury him somewhere.

I found his body at 3am, its winter here and the ground is frozen. I put the cat in a bag just until I could bring his corpse to a pet shop.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown

Have you recently had you carpets cleaned? I once lost an entire litter because we moved to a new place and something about the carpet cleaner chemical killed them quickly in like a day 9 of them one after the other. The mom got sick but recovered.

No carpets here... He either ate something like acetaminophen or an heart attack. The vet confirmed that these were the two most probable cause.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join