It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Should Be Regulated , Taxed and Controlled By the Government, is There Any Other Way ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

but someone needs to control you dangerous religious fanatics.

Excuse me? Did you just liken me to a terrorist? I respect your rights, and I may have a big mouth, but Im no danger to anyone.

ISIS is financed via the Syrian rebels, who are financed by the US and Israel. John McCain shook al Baghdadi's hand. There is no way ISIS could have gained so much strength without government "tax, regulation, and control".

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree except the 350 million aren't on the same team, lots of teams and some of the teams are really bad news.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

no I didn't mean to write that, I was typing too fast, not calling you a terrorist. I agree with You, we gave them weapons too but they do have a belief going on in my opinion. Im learning from you guys. I don't believe gov should control anything, just provoking responses.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Ok, no harm done, but I kindly ask that you edit your comment. Either way, America already has laws against violence, murdur, and illegal immigration. If we would simply enforce those laws to the fullest penalty then there would be no need to regulate any religious organization.

As far as taxing goes, I've never understood why religious groups are tax exempt. My thinking is that if Im taxed, then my pastor should be taxed. It seems to me that exempting a religious institution from taxes will simply encourage and attract corruption.

There should be no income tax at all, but simply a 5% flat consumer tax on the state level, and a 1% consumer tax on the Federal level. The Feds dont need that much money to sit around sharpening pencils all day, and the states need to get the damn cops off our asses and back to serving the public.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just tax it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I disagree that religion should have such restrictions.

What is needed is less government involvement because it'll be a disaster otherwise.

?And can really you put a tax on imaginative consciousness.

tax the church website

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Terrible idea. If government starts interfering in religion then what's to stop religion from interfering in the government? Not saying it doesn't happen already because it does, but something like this would kick it into overdrive.

If we start taxing religion then what's to stop them from breaking the First Amendment?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is a valid argument in churches paying tax or at least being regulated to some extent.
Maybe by a government department or some such organisation.

While there are a good many churches who do care and support social welfare platforms there are also many greedy self centred churches who make obscene profits and spend money given to them (free will) on nothing more than what can only be called bling.

The church was never set up as a charity organisation, Jesus made it clear what is Romes should be given to Rome. the church was set up for fellowship.

The opposite problem is that there are churches who are charity organisations that do help, struggling to exist.

Its not about one single agenda, its about finding a balance of what is being done and by whom for the benefit of society.

I believe churches should be held accountable, I just wonder by whom. There is corruption everywhere, the church is not exempt.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
a reply to: ketsuko
I only wrote this to provoke an answer on how to not be destroyed by religious fanatics and also having buttholes like the crazy hate churches protesting funerals of soldiers.

Pet peeve number one. The butt holes protesting soldiers funerals are NOT a church. They're a family of lawyers that applied for church status to get the tax exempt status, then began protesting everything and anything, including other churches, and whenever anyone tries to stop them, they sue and use the money to travel to a new town to protest some more. Feel free to look the @$$holes up. You might learn something. When they're NOT protesting, they continue to practice law in their town and win cases. People think they're the lowest of the low, but if they need to win, they use them.

Westboro Idiots

WBC pickets approximately six locations every day, including many in Topeka and some events farther afield. On Sundays, up to 15 churches may receive pickets.

When you're out on your Sunday drive this weekend, take a look at how many churches are picketing each other. Chances are your answer is going to be none. Most churches may not have the exact same message, but they all agree on one thing. God is love, and He sent Christ here to be our redeemer. Westboro? Well you know how they feel. I won't dignify it with words.

edit on 3/8/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have no issue with taxing church, but I think we're regulated enough. Up to the eyeballs enough, if you know what I mean. We really don't need MORE regulation, if anything we need less. I have no issue with taxation on the church, but it should be an even across the board taxation, and not a high taxation either, as there are some churches who exist only because of their congregations, yet some churches are quite the money maker with practically everything gilded. (And I believe they should be doing more to help their fellow man, sadly they cannot be forced. Their time will come though. He see what they are doing.)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Before you tax religion, tax the NFL.

👣

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Religion needs to be wiped off the face of this planet, period.
edit on 8-3-2015 by LongishLongo because: missed some words

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
You can't have freedom of thought and regulate belief at the same time. Gov. should regulate certain actions however regardless of what belief may be behind them. This shouldn't cause much problem since illegal actions should apply to everyone anyway and therefor should be easy to apply across the board with very few if any special cases dealing with Religion.

For example, if you believe killing others for worshiping different gods is something that should happen that's your choice. But if you believe it, doing it is still not allowed and should be punishable by law.

I don't see why they are tax exempt and I've never understood why. Maybe someone can give a reasonable argument for it. If not I see no reason why they should be exempt from taxes equal to everyone else.

There should always be a separation between Gov. and Religious Organizations. Only by their separation can Religious Freedom exist equally for all. Religion and Government also derive their authority from different sources so for Gov. to work it must not be effected by Religious Authority. It is this last part that will most likely always cause conflict however because they do have different authority figures in charge.
edit on 8-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree with mOjOm in a religious thread!!! The end must be near.

Heh heh, kidding aside, I will not go to a church that claims 501c status. The churches that do are already being regulated to some degree, and it will get far more scrutiny in the days ahead I am afraid.

I see no problem with taxing churches, I see big problems when churches have to conform in order to maintain 501c status.

Giving more powers to 'thought' police is a very dangerous road to go down, but I feel it is a road we are bound to venture down in the near future.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think the reason why churches are supposed to be exempt from taxes are twofold:

1.) Tax policy is used by the state to shape and regulate a lot behavior. So by being taxed, you are opening yourself to government control through taxation. Look at Obamacare or the labyrinthine maze of credits and exemptions Congress uses to punish and reward their favorite winners and losers in the business world.

2.) Churches are not supposed to be for-profit enterprises.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Terrible idea. If government starts interfering in religion then what's to stop religion from interfering in the government? Not saying it doesn't happen already because it does, but something like this would kick it into overdrive.

If we start taxing religion then what's to stop them from breaking the First Amendment?

How could taxing a religious entity lead to instilling that religion as the official US religion?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Spirituality should be taught in many various types of workshops and religious scripts put into spiritual metaphoric books for guidance but all criminal abuses of people in them recognized as either crimes or an outer grimms fairy tale wrapper for symbolic inner meanings, etymology and word associations that for most people are lost, and they simply do not mean what we think. So you can develop your meditation, your psi, and download books, videos, join groups, do remote viewing as well.

But all religions should be outlawed as control boxes. Don't believe in them. And want all the money and the goods in the Vatican and elsewhere distributed to the world.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dewts

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How could taxing a religious entity lead to instilling that religion as the official US religion?

"installing" is what I meant there. You get the idea.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You should change your username to Fedoralover.
Only a few people will get that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join