It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Should Be Regulated , Taxed and Controlled By the Government, is There Any Other Way ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Before anyone says "freedom of religion", yes you can believe what you want, no one is or was stopping you , but does that mean ISIS is allowed to come here and set up shop under the disguise of non radical muslims ? Its not all about what you are allowed to believe in. This is about the government regulating, taxing and making rules about what we can ingest and religious knowledge is ingested into the mind. Also and most importantly this is about groups growing so large in an undercover radical nature and attacking the flow of our lives. These religious battles need to stop, is there any other alternative ? Fighting for thousands of years and never evolved ? The building and establishments of religious businesses need to be approved and licensed under strict scrutiny from a panel of mixed race, religion and non religious. Those money banks should be taxed just like anyone else. A preacher/'imum or whatever should have to pay taxes on all the money and free housing he/she receives. A belief or non belief should not exclude people from paying taxes. Taxes are unconstitutional anyhow but since we cant stop that and taxes aren't a threat to our lives its a different issue in itself. Any other ideas on how to combat religious fighting in the US, not concerned with other countries, they will never stop. I don't see this problem with isis coming to an end. I also see the hostility between non radical muslims and christians escalating in the future, christians wont even acknowledge that they are worshipping the same Abrahamic god. Also the Christians I know here in the south are heavily heavily armed, every one of them and they wont mind giving a muslim a one way ticket to allah. This probably isn't the right plan but someone needs to suggest something to try to end this religious terrorism and competition. The imaginary superman establishments should be taxed ,regulated and monitored period !
edit on 7-3-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Then the state becomes religion.

The US was founded by people who came here to practice the way they wanted without state interference in their lives. We start letting the state interfere in how we practice and we have admitted our country no longer exists.

Those who give up liberty for safety no longer deserve either.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I understand but I don't think the forefathers foresaw the dangers in the future. If some of these groups here and in the middle east had their way the US wouldn't exist at all anymore, what do they call us "the great satan" lol

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Businesses pay taxes. If it's for profit, no matter who owns it, it pays.

How many wars are religious based? Not many.

Gulf Wars? Nope Vietnam? Nope. WWII? Nope. WWI? Nope. need I go on or do you get the idea?

Considering the number of war started by gov'ts, perhaps Gov't should be regulated by religion....

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Religion Should Be Regulated , Taxed and Controlled By the Government

It's kinda hard to launder billions of dollars yearly, when you have too many regulations.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

P.S. Isis fight for a Caliphate . That's not Religious based. They're killing Muslims.

Hope this helps with your dilemma...

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Sorry. Wrong reply. It was for the OP

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Religious wars have been going on way before the ones you mentioned and there is one in the works right now, that's what im concerned about. Religious fanatics here growing in numbers isn't a good thing when they want to destroy us all.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You should be regulated, taxed, and controlled by the governement....oh, wait, you already are. How is that working out for you? Do you realize how much debt the govt has put you in? How many lies they shove down your throat? How many rights you stand to lose?

ISIS is not the product of religion gone wild, its the product of financeering from dirty politicians...the kind that want to regulate, tax, and control religion.

Are you a shill? Its ok to admit it.

edit on 7-3-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I never said they were muslims. I implied they could disguise themselves as non radical muslims.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As a business, religion is a failure. Only tax exempt status keep them afloat. I guess they could charge admission to services, but who would go?

These religious battles need to stop, is there any other alternative ? Fighting for thousands of years and never evolved ?

Thats because governments allow religion to exist, they need it for the fervor to start all the wars. Indeed they foster it to promote differences to inspire men to kill each other.

For God and Country, charrrge!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I understand but I don't think the forefathers foresaw the dangers in the future. If some of these groups here and in the middle east had their way the US wouldn't exist at all anymore, what do they call us "the great satan" lol

So many things justified by I don't think the forefathers ...

They foresaw a good deal which is why they wrote the COTUS in such general terms. It was supposed to be able to apply to a broad set of circumstances. We were supposed to be free enough as a people to adapt on our own.

Who is going to be better at cooking up an answer? A small cabal of elitist minds or 350 million of them all working on the same problem, free and unfettered?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Um yeah . they are Hadith gone wild. Are they destroying those old "god" statues because of financiering and not religious belief. I don't think the gov should control anything, but someone needs to control you dangerous religious fanatics. Who else is going to do it. I agree with everything else You said. They suck.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry, but Government should be involved in as little as possible...especially religion. The rights of individuals to practice their religion free from Government is too important.
edit on 2015/3/7 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I only wrote this to provoke an answer on how to not be destroyed by religious fanatics and also having buttholes like the crazy hate churches protesting funerals of soldiers.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Let's keep going. The Revolution? 1812? Spanish-American? Boar War? Korea?

Governments! You seem to ignore the rebut...I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Im glad that religious death cults should have the freedom to do whatever. Its very important.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Im not pro gov at all,sure wars aren't all religious, and I think my idea is a horrible idea, its just to provoke responses about how to combat religious extremism and religious terrorism or terrorism with out the religion.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ISIS is a creation of the MIC. They must keep a sharply defined op-force in order to sustain normal mission parameters. Those parameters include no loss in the bottom line of the corporation's profitable status and no significant decline in the US defense budget. No significant delay between hostile situations that might make the tax slaves become complacent in their unwavering support of the permanent state of emergency. There must always be sustained conflict at any cost. Get with the program. Religious fanaticism is a control mechanism of an even more diabolical force.

edit on 03pm2015-03-07T22:32:34-06:0010323America/Chicago32331 by machineintelligence because: Syntax challanges

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Never mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join