It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine - Security Council, 7400th Meeting - Humanitarian Briefing (Mar 6th, 2015)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

why are they incompetent?

making that comment tells me you didn't bother watching the entire meeting.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

But you want me to start telling you MSM crap, because it would give the impression I`m trustworthy somehow...?

You have been caught making up thread titles that are no where near what the article is talking about. Yu have been caught omitting information from articles in an effort to support claims you have made up. You routinely make claims that you fail to support with any sources.

I can keep going but we have had this conversation before in many other threads you post in.

If your side is so right then why are you incapable of supporting your position with facts? You post, people challenge, and you go off on some tangent that does nothing to support the claims you made, eventually dragging the thread off topic, like you are doing in this thread by trying to raise information that has nothing to do with what's being discussed.

Did you watch the entire meeting?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I am curious how you came to this conclusion by watching the entire meeting.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Russia committed and act of war against Ukraine.
Russia violated their own 1954 law transferring Crimea to Ukraine.
Russia violated the Budapest agreement by invading Ukraine.
Russia violated international law by annexing Crimea.
Russia continued its invasion of east Ukraine and does to this day.
The Russian Ambassador to the UN got caught flat out lying to the UNSC about Nadia.

Russia has still to this day failed to support any of the lies they made to justify their invasion of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

and there are an equal amount of members who derail threads with their "versions" that aren't supported by anything. In case you missed it if you read through the Ukraine Russia threads you will see them derail a thread with useless information that has nothing to do wit what's being discussed.

One would assume that if their version is so "right" and the west is so wrong they could easily post the information refuting the claims made.

To date they have not done this.

One has to ask why they are capable of claiming its not true while offering nothing to support that position? Like this thread, which is a perfect example. post after post of attacks and snide comments yet absolutely nothing dealing with the meeting itself or what was discussed.

If the UNSC is so wrong then they should have no issues identifying those errors and easily refuting them. Instead we got nothing but people bitching about issues not involved in the meeting.

Its the same old plan they use... Call people names, dismiss the info and hope beyond hope people will just take their word for it and not educate themselves on the facts.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: Xcathdra
* - Ukraine - Security Council, 7400th Meeting - Humanitarian Briefing - English Translation

Great link!

People always say the media spin is so bad from both sides they don't know what to believe. This link provides directly gathered information on the situation inside Ukraine. Of course after the briefing of facts the countries get to spin everything how they like.

Good way to cut through the garbage on the Ukraine issue.

I found it insightful...

I just wish other people would take the time to educate themselves before they post.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Oh look - Putin has lied, again, about Crimea -

Putin describes secret operation to seize Crimea

Moscow (AFP) - President Vladimir Putin has revealed the moment he says he gave the secret order for Russia's annexation of Crimea and described how Russian troops were ready to fight to rescue Ukraine's deposed, pro-Moscow president.

In a trailer shown Sunday for an upcoming documentary on state-run Rossiya-1 television called "Homeward bound", Putin openly discusses Moscow's controversial grabbing of Crimea a year ago.

Putin recounts an all-night meeting with security services chiefs to discuss how to extricate deposed president Viktor Yanukovych, who had fled a pro-Western street revolt in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.

"We ended at about seven in the morning," Putin says. "When we were parting, I said to my colleagues: we must start working on returning Crimea to Russia."

Four days after that February 2014 meeting, unidentified soldiers took over the local parliament in Crimea and deputies hurriedly voted in a new government. The Ukrainian province was then formally annexed by Moscow on March 18, triggering international condemnation.

The military operation was initially kept secret and despite the increasingly obvious actions of unmarked Russian forces on the ground, Moscow insisted that only locals were involved in the upheaval. Later, the Kremlin conceded that it had been behind the power grab.

click link for remainder of putins lie.

edit on 8-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I watched the meeting and I see the acusations going back and forth. If you think for one second that anyone in our government is telling the truth up there anymore than the Russians are that is nuts.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I retracted my statement since ad hominem do not equal the information given, even if I have an issue on West vs Russian threads about objectivity. We all know there is 5 members who constantly flood the threads with only western narrative. Even when there is something western even admitted they will still deny it since it does not work in the favor off western narrative. From my point of view you are the counter to this 5 people.

Whatever any of you 6 write it should be looked at as information and not as ad hominem.

I can also write the MSM "official" line, but everyone only has to open one of his main news sites in his country and he already gets that information...or just read the posts of a few on this site.

So thinking that isn`t a necessity to do, and this an alternative site, I just stick to the alternative side of things...if people just wanted to read the "official" Western line of thinking they aren`t coming here and just stick to only reading MSM.
edit on 8 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I watched the meeting and I see the acusations going back and forth. If you think for one second that anyone in our government is telling the truth up there anymore than the Russians are that is nuts.

This is a straw man argument used again and again to justify wrong behavior. To say both sides are lying in no way justifies either of them. However the great thing about humans is we can check for ourselves. You can find out if your being lied to easy enough just check the facts. And as I learned along the way Putin lies more often than not I actually feel sorry for the Russian ambassador he knows he's no one believes him. He knows the situations he gets put in no one would but he has to try to make it look somewhat acceptable.

So he's put in situations like in the video where hes caught in lies as always happens because you start having to lie to cover lies. If you noticed there is times he's not even up with the latest propaganda coming out of the Kremlin.There is a reason for this notice on anything that happens Russia puts out several scenarios all at the same time. This is done on purpose it hides the facts in a sea of possibilities. Through in a healthy dash of Internet trolls and you can argue against facts by drowning them out. When anyone posts anything negative about Putins actions in they swoop with altered reality and if they keep saying it some start to believe it. For example the coop that supposedly happened it wasnt. He packed everything not nailed down into a cargo plane in the middle of the night and fled the country. Stealing millions in the process I might add.

So what are the facts simple Russia sent troops into Ukraine annexed part of their territory. Than sent more troops and weapons in an attempt to destabilize their government. From an international point of view it's cut and dry. That is why only a handful of countries support Russia's actions. Also why Russia's neighbors are in a mad dash to join NATO.
edit on 3/9/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Your inability to comprehend what people are talking about never ceases to amaze me.

Ad hominem…

And since…

Very little you say amazes me anymore.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Your inability to comprehend what people are talking about never ceases to amaze me.

Ad hominem…

And since…

It doesn`t go that well, so the tactic of pissing people off seems to being put in play again.

Link

It`s a good sign.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ad hominem…

And since…

Not at all.. Let me help you out -

What part of OSCE monitors not being allowed to observe the rebel heavy weapon pull out confuses you? What part of the minsk agreement calling for the OSCE monitor confuses you?

Care to answer the question you ignored which was the basis of my comment?

secondly - Ad Hominem -

An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person's character, rather than to the content of their arguments. When used inappropriately, it is a fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact or when used in certain kinds of moral and practical reasoning.[3]

Your response was Ad Hominem since you completely ignored the facts and question asked.

Wanna take another swing at bat and see if you can answer it?
edit on 9-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Lol,show me a government official that doesn't have a lie fall out of their mouth everytime they open it in the USA. If our government ever told the truth on anything at all the American people would be so shocked that they would immediately be protesting to get them all out.Lets see here:

Benghazi
Fast and Furious
Clinton emails
Iraq WMD
Libya
Over 40 deaths linked with the Clintons
Gulf of Tonkin incident
Iran/Contra

Wow,I could go on and on with this. Don't even try to put our integrity up against any other countries. Its a lost cause. We have been lied to our entire lives. Anyone that doesn't think that is willfully blind. ALL politicians lie,its how they get elected. And until recently,the EU played along as the US's patsy. But now they are getting worried,because we are too stupid to stop our war mongering. They know that this will be a war in their back yard and they don't want it. So now the EU talks about going ahead and making their own armed forces. Where does that leave NATO? Out of the picture,which is exactly what Russia wants. The EU can then having removed the fly in the ointment of Russia's get things to calm down and commence regular trade with Russia once again. Because that is all those countries want now,just to have trading partners.They are well aware their economies depend on each other. They need the USA to step out and mind their own business,we haven't exactly been good stewards in helping other countries.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Really you aparently have miss understood the situation. First Europe is all over this US not so much. The US state department has been allowing Germany, France and the UK handle it. And your spin is amazing Luxembourg proposed creating an army for the EU specifically to battle Russia. So how does that fit into your scenario exactly?? Please don't try to spin facts in some misguided attempt to slam the US. We get it you hate the government but don't let it cloud your judgement to the point you just make stuff up.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

While the Minsk II agreements were being worked on, Breedlove from NATO was lying about what was going on in Ukraine:

On that same day, General Philip Breedlove, the top NATO commander in Europe, stepped before the press in Washington. Putin, the 59-year-old said, had once again 'upped the ante' in eastern Ukraine -- with 'well over a thousand combat vehicles, Russian combat forces, some of their most sophisticated air defense, battalions of artillery' having been sent to the Donbass. 'What is clear,' Breedlove said, 'is that right now, it is not getting better. It is getting worse every day.' www.spiegel.de...

If you read the article,you see that Nuland is doing the same as Breedlove. I don't need to make up a thing with what is going on. You couldn't make this stuff up if you had too.

As far as the EU having this so they can fight Russia,in fact this has been tossed around for a while now,Russia is the latest excuse to get the ball rolling so that other countries will finally come on board and back it.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

I don't hate any country,but I am disappointed in the US.This is a far cry from what our founders envisioned for this country,it truly is pathetic.

If the EU sticks by its guns and put together its own defense,it will take the place of NATO, at that point NATO will no longer be needed and the USA will play a smaller role in Europe's affairs.

As things stand,other countries are wondering what is up with Breedlove and why he is misstating facts so wildly.See above links. Der Spiegel is a reputable news source.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What I dislike are lies and the obfuscation of the truth
Citing the UN as a reputable,neutral source is right up their with Sorcha faal
Yes lets discuss the Russian rebels, who you believe have no right to be there despite them living there since time memorial.

edit on 9-3-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

What I dislike are lies and the obfuscation of the truth
Citing the UN as a reputable,neutral source is right up their with Sorcha faal
Yes lets discuss the Russian rebels, who you believe have no right to be there despite them living there since time memorial.

Feel free to point out where I stated it was a reputable neutral source. If you compare the UN to putin I would argue they are more credible than Putin, who has consistently lied about their involvement.

They have every right to live there.. What they don't have is the right to demand the area be a part of Russia. They can choose - Remain on the land and be a part of Ukraine or sell the land and move to Russia.

I also particularly like how you dismiss those who want nothing to do with Russia living in the east. Since they don't want to be a part of Russia why is it ok for you to ignore their situation in support of Russians?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

While the Minsk II agreements were being worked on, Breedlove from NATO was lying about what was going on in Ukraine:

On that same day, General Philip Breedlove, the top NATO commander in Europe, stepped before the press in Washington. Putin, the 59-year-old said, had once again 'upped the ante' in eastern Ukraine -- with 'well over a thousand combat vehicles, Russian combat forces, some of their most sophisticated air defense, battalions of artillery' having been sent to the Donbass. 'What is clear,' Breedlove said, 'is that right now, it is not getting better. It is getting worse every day.' www.spiegel.de...

If you read the article,you see that Nuland is doing the same as Breedlove. I don't need to make up a thing with what is going on. You couldn't make this stuff up if you had too.

As far as the EU having this so they can fight Russia,in fact this has been tossed around for a while now,Russia is the latest excuse to get the ball rolling so that other countries will finally come on board and back it.

www.foreignaffairs.com...

I don't hate any country,but I am disappointed in the US.This is a far cry from what our founders envisioned for this country,it truly is pathetic.

If the EU sticks by its guns and put together its own defense,it will take the place of NATO, at that point NATO will no longer be needed and the USA will play a smaller role in Europe's affairs.

As things stand,other countries are wondering what is up with Breedlove and why he is misstating facts so wildly.See above links. Der Spiegel is a reputable news source.

The German government addressed this article and said that there is no conflict and the paper was wrong. And again NATO gets information from 33 countries and yes its normal for there figured to be diffrent. In fact NATO was higher than the US state department. But to claim troops were not coming across the border is a lie of course they were. And yes Russia has put hundreds of tanks onto the theater. No they weren't captured from Ukraine because models made only in Russia are there. Yes Russia is providing air defense no one with any military background believes miners could operate an air defense system. It takes training and practice to hit anything. Than there is tactics as well you have to set up kill boxes 1 missile the odds are with the pilot an experienced crew decreases those odds.

So nothing he said is untrue the argument is over if the numbers were inflated yeah probably part of his job is to be paranoid that's what generals do. They always plan to meet a larger force it avoids surprises.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

And yes Russia has put hundreds of tanks onto the theater.

No they didn`t...

'No military equipment' crossed at observed Russia-Ukraine border checkpoints - OSCE

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join