It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq super power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
well, I have long belived that the anti-christ would rise up to power soon, and come out of Baghdad, Iraq and dominate the world.
I get this from the Bible, and recently read an article on CNN about how the situation in Iraq could lead to another leader like Hitler trying to create WW3
maybe it wont be long before the anti-christ rises up to power and unites the world in one givernment, stops war in middle east, creates peace, makes treaties with Isreal, a 7 year treaty with Iraq and Isreal, a one world government and money system with identifications for everyone, a cashless society as predicted thats coming soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
well, I have long belived that the anti-christ would rise up to power soon, and come out of Baghdad, Iraq and dominate the world.
I get this from the Bible, and recently read an article on CNN about how the situation in Iraq could lead to another leader like Hitler trying to create WW3

Although my religious views are not so firm these days I was a very comitted Baptist for a great many years and still retain an above average knowledge of the bible. Babylon was commonly used in the new testament as a metaphor for Rome because it was not safe to say bad things about the empire. A Ryrie Study Bible and other study bibles will comment to this effect. 1Peter 5:13 provides evidence if you care to research the characters. A very large part of book of revelations seems dedicated to pointing a finger squarely at Nero and yelling "BAD GUY". Of course the proper Christian apologetic to the Nero thing is that he was the current caesar and the writers were just pointing to his position as the same position that the future anti-christ would hold. You can take it however you like it, but Babylon isn't really Babylon in Revelations.
Also, the CNN story you are referencing did not say that a new Hitler would come to power in Iraq exactly. It said that a certain Iraqi official drew parallels between the harsh situations in Iraq and 1930s Germany in order to say that an iraqi dictator could arise. His intention was not to say that Iraq could become a menace to the world.

maybe it wont be long before the anti-christ rises up to power and unites the world in one givernment, stops war in middle east, creates peace, makes treaties with Isreal, a 7 year treaty with Iraq and Isreal, a one world government and money system with identifications for everyone, a cashless society as predicted thats coming soon.

IF we assume that Revelations is accurate, then i would bet you my meager paycheck that we're waiting for a pope to bring peace, but there is still unfulfilled prophecy. Israel has not regained its promised borders yet- those include the Sinai and as far as the East of the Nile Delta. The Al Aqsa mosque still stands on the temple mount. I will have to talk to some people and see what else there is. I dont know it all.

I dont -KNOW- this but I am willing to guess that the following things will happen in an apocalypse scenario:
1. 7 regional organizations similiar to the EU come to oversee all nations except for Israel.
2. A tightly controlled economy paves the way for the "mark of the beast".
3. A world interdenominational church which sets no standards usurps the vatican and is the official Politically Correct church of the UN- serving all faiths.
4. Israel fights a war with Egypt and attains the full promised land.
5. The world reacts against Israel, probably led by Iran Russia or China. (the Euphrates is supposed to run dry to make way for the armies of the east to make war with the Lord at Armageddon). Interestingly, the plain of Meggido is exactly where you would probably take a large invasion force into Israel.
6. Peace is made with Israel.

It also stands to be mentioned that there is no such thing as an anti-christ in the bible. I know its a mute point- even bible scholars use the term, but its not there. Everyone is mixed up about Nostradamus' Ante-Christ.
The book of revelations has a beast, but he's not necessarily a human-devil figure as a polar opposite to Christ, although he could be.
The way I interpret the book, the beast, whatever he or it is, displays the ability to clone and to heal in incredible ways, and this causes me to believe that the beast describes more than just a single person- perhaps a leading element, class, or nation within the babylon government system who attain hegemony through their technological superiority.

Last but not least, I always like to sneak one in there for the Gipper when this topic comes up, so here goes. Who is like Ronald Reagan- who can make war with him? Don't that say it all? The Gipper with his 3 6 letter names is coming back and ya'll better bowdown when he does, or he's gonna cut his aircraft carrier loose on you.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just to add to that, doesn't the Beast of the Book of Revelation die of a fatal "head wound" and then the world marvels when he reappears? Well if you're going to look at it symbolically, Reagan's death from Alzheimer's disease could be interpreted as a head wound. If the Gipper suddenly reappears, or a clone of him does, and starts calling down fire from the sky with his Star Wars/HAARP gadgets, then there won't be much doubt, eh?

Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.

Revelation 13:12
And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

However, it goes on to say that the wound was from a "sword", so maybe not.

Revelation 13:14
And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.

However as far as his number goes, it's "Three hundred three score and six", threescore meaning an amount of three times twenty (60). (It is interesting to note that this has been changed in later versions to "666"). This implies an amount, i.e. six hundred and sixty six, so perhaps the name/number of the Beast can't simply be three static 6's..

Revelation 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think your are misplacing the anti-Christ in the wrong part of the world I think we already have the anti-Christ and Armageddon is already going on in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't think Iraq will rise as a superpower unless they rid themselves totally of soldiers there at the moment, and with more troops arriving theere daily, that won't happen any time soon...

I don't really beleive in an anti-christ, but if their is one currently, it's Osama Bin Laden!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Marg, get real. Bible believing Christians who interpret revelations in even a slightly literal sense can generally agree that Bush and the current world situation are slightly too far off from the prophecy to be the Beast.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Just to add to that, doesn't the Beast of the Book of Revelation die of a fatal "head wound" and then the world marvels when he reappears? Well if you're going to look at it symbolically, Reagan's death from Alzheimer's disease could be interpreted as a head wound. If the Gipper suddenly reappears, or a clone of him does, and starts calling down fire from the sky with his Star Wars/HAARP gadgets, then there won't be much doubt, eh?

I'm a little disturbed that the Republican in me wants him back, even if that does make him the anti-christ.

However as far as his number goes, it's "Three hundred three score and six", threescore meaning an amount of three times twenty (60). (It is interesting to note that this has been changed in later versions to "666"). This implies an amount, i.e. six hundred and sixty six, so perhaps the name/number of the Beast can't simply be three static 6's..

Revelation 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

I wonder how that looks in Greek? The threescore thing might just be a quirk of translation to english. I'll ask my pastor sometime- he's got all sorts of neat books for making him look like a scholar without actually having to read Greek

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Marg, get real. Bible believing Christians who interpret revelations in even a slightly literal sense can generally agree that Bush and the current world situation are slightly too far off from the prophecy to be the Beast.

Hey, I did not mention names ok,

How do you know I was refering to our beloved President

Does that means you feel it too

If is make you happier I was just making a joke.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Hey, I did not mention names ok,

How do you know I was refering to our beloved President

Does that means you feel it too

If is make you happier I was just making a joke.

Call it a conditioned response. If I asked you to name 3 people most commonly considered as a possible antichrist can you honestly say that Bush isn't one?

Do I feel it too? I feel something. In terms of scripture he's not the beast, but I have a bad feeling about it still.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Someone told me once that there is a figure mentioned somewhere (not sure if it's scripture...might be Nostrodamus) named the "Great Deceiver" who will prepare the world for the coming of the Antichrist or the Beast. He went on to say that Bush pretty much fits the description. I couldn't find any refs to "great deceiver" in the King James Version. Can anyone shed any light on this?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
named the "Great Deceiver" who will prepare the world for the coming of the Antichrist or the Beast. He went on to say that Bush pretty much fits the description.

Interesting I will like to know about that too, I mean about the deceiver, I have to say we are living in strange times.

Actually I found this in a search I did,

The AntiChrist will be the Great Deceiver (which means that the vast majority of people will NOT KNOW that he's a liar). He will be the most powerful political leader on Earth (which immediately suggests an American President). He will lie, over and over again. He could easily be lying about his devotion to God, deceiving those "Christians" who are more concerned with politics and silly things like Pledges, than with following the teachings of Jesus.

Funny, that I was just making a joke and we have ended on this subject, interesting.

So many Christian Americans actually ADMIRE this man's capability to make war! They blindly and willingly submit themselves to his mental domination, falling for every lie he feeds the Nation and the world, simply because he claims to be doing God's work.

I am not a believer of religion but I do follow predictions very closely, the ancient were wise men after all.

This is the link to the above quote.

www.beliefnet.com...

[edit on 18-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
just a small point hitler didnt declare war on the allies they declared war on him so if you think about it the allies actually started the war

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313

But don't think these processes will occur quickly. I'm surprised CNN took a tabloid slant to the situation. I get what you're saying, taking Babylon literally, but the economics, politics, and cultures would not be aligned to this movement. Nor will I think it will happen for at least three generations. Who knows? I guess we'll find out. Life here might be cut short but it's just a stitch in eternity anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuanshao101
just a small point hitler didnt declare war on the allies they declared war on him so if you think about it the allies actually started the war

Sort of nit-picky isn't it? Hitler initiated hostilities, he just didn't target the allies first. How many nations did he have to whack before the allies got the message that they were on his list for later?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Anyone up for a game of Axis & Allies? I think Russia should still go first (despite history's account). Way too imbalanced with German at first go.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

join