It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chocolate mash potato cake :D.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

Have a go..
it is great.
Doesn't have to look good to taste good.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'll have to try this tomorrow, we have everything but the yogurt. We have sour cream though and I have subbed sour cream for yogurt many times and it comes out pretty much the same if you add a little sugar.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

How Northern.

Only joking, looks good.

a reply to: nonspecific

Beetroot cake is amazing, just like carrot cake but a bit beetrootier.

I made a beetroot and raspberry cake a while ago, it was glorious.
edit on 8-3-2015 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Chocolate and potatoes is just wrong...

Chocolate is NEVER wrong!

Seriously though ... holy God in heaven that looks awesome! I can't eat it because of the sjogrens, but man I sure wish I could. I hate cooking so someone would have to make it for me. Potatoes and yogurt are breakfast foods so if I could eat it I'd be having that for breakfast. MMMMMM !!!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Wow! I want to bake it! Thanks for sharing!

My Mother had a story she would tell us kids about how, in the States during WW2, she had to make my older sisters' sugar Easter candy eggs out of mashed potato. When I first heard this as a small child, I thought that she had just taken a glop of mashed potato, shaped it into an egg, and dipped it in chocolate. ??? When I was older, I realized she meant that, because of sugar rationing, there was a recipe that substituted mashed potatoes for part of the powdered sugar. The eggs could still be white inside but use less sugar. I then didn't feel so badly for my sisters!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

How Northern.

Only joking, looks good.

Beetroot cake is amazing, just like carrot cake but a bit beetrootier.

I made a beetroot and raspberry cake a while ago, it was glorious.

This thread got me thinking and I am going to try a celeriac cake this week

I think I will make it like a carrot cake but with fresh ginger and a demerara crust.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Mmmmm! Sounds good!
I was wondering earlier today too, about root vegetable cakes (glad to know there's two of us
). I was considering turnip, but it might be too turnipy. It's not sweet like carrots and beetroot. But it cheap and plentiful up here! And would my kids thank me for turnip cake? Probably not.
Let me know how your celeriac cake turns out, and I might give it a go. Turnip and whisky buttercream, lol!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Amazing combination, like this one. Beetroot may sustitute sugar as well+it is less harmful than sugar. The recipe reminded me chocolate pancakes my mom recently cooked (the recipe could be found here foodjj.com... ) Gotta show her this amazing cake)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It looks delisious. Couple times I tried to make some cookies (it didn't work, so I just ordered it in buy-ukrainian.com...), was really tasty. And your cake is a great job! Wish u good luck in improving your cooking skills!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join