It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am No Longer Homeless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That's awesome news, super glad to hear it. It's really a black hole once you hit homelessness, it makes it very difficult to get a job and improve your situation. Long story short, you did something not everyone can accomplish. Best wishes of continued success!

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Congratulations to you for surviving and getting back on your feet. I shed a wee tear reading your post, a tear of sadness for the situation you were in and a tear for the fact you are now independent and happier. I am not religious at all but blessings to you and may you prosper enough to help others like you in need. My heart glows for you. Lots of love from me.
why is there not a love heart symbol in the symbol thing. .?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Semper Fi brother, I was lucky I had family helping me out when I got back.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a saying from a socal worker i knew the only people who stay homeless want to

everyone who tries to sucseed dose

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Gosh, what a great thread. I am so pleased your life has gotten better, and I love you thank the community and infrastructures around you that gave you support and provided you with a way forward.

Awesome news.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Glad to hear you are doing well, I was a homeless college graduate just a year ago and I got some help and now I have an apartment. I still have a ways to go. It gets hard thinking about it. I'm glad you are doing well. Things could be a lot worse.
edit on 08amSun, 08 Mar 2015 01:29:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You are saying that you are a Veteran. This means that You served in the military and it was active service in some countries attacked by USA, right? You got expelled or something like that? If not, why You are homeless and without money?? I dont understand... Im from Europe, we dont have so many wars as you guys but i never heard about homeless veteran... Even in poorer parts of Europe they always get some help if they need it... You risked Your life for your country and you became a homeless beggar???
What a wierd place to live, Your country... :/

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

FANTASTIC! Great news!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: voiceofthecielago

Unfortunately, there is much more of this than you can imagine. Most of the programs to help are civilian based.
And not everyone knows were to go and which programs to look for. This is truly a wonderful story and gives hope for others. I just hope they see this.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Here's a heartwarming tune to celebrate your return

youtube

I don't know what to say- I've been in a similar situation before and stories like yours always put a smile on my face. I would also like to echo your appreciation of those organizations that have helped you-the work these charities do are invaluable and they deserve all the praise they can take and then some.

In the meantime, enjoy your new found stability and that community garden, you'll find that gardening brings people together and in no time you'll have some new friends to accompany your new apartment. I wish you all the best.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ummm...WOW...I've been there brother...I know how uplifting it is to move out of the car or the shelters...and get that apartment and job...I'm so glad that you took advantage of the doors that were opened for you...and for the doors you opened yourself...

I remember how I was serving food in a shelter...my heart breaking for the people on the other side of the serving cart...only to be there on the other side myself a few months later...

I want to say thank you for reminding me of those days...it's amazing when you get to experience how many people actually...care...about you the stranger...and ask nothing in return...it's humbling and awe inspiring at the same time...

I'm so glad to see you prosper in all the right ways...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
#OpSafeWinter: We Are Our Brother's Keeper

#OpSafeWinter  #OpFeedHomeless #‎STAYWARM

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I am so glad for you and your improved circumstances. You are a wonderful person...who really cares about humanity...I admire that about you.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Thats freaking awesome. Sir I salute you.

You really made my day. Its just great!

*tips hat

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Congratulations for your will to move on.
I'm sure you will be a better men, better than you ever imagine, and you will inspire others by your example.

I care to notice, that, your "fall", yet, is your rise. Cause you want to do volunteer. And that my friend, says a lot of the kind of person you have became and will come to be.

keep you track strong and when your mind goes for trouble, remember always this.

Only those you came to need can understand the value of share.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Glad to hear it! It's heartening to see someone try, and you have tried. It sounds like you are doing all you can to improve your life. Help with that is a good thing. I wish some of your ethic could rub off on someone I know!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join