It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Says Innocent, Unarmed People Shot By Cops Are ‘Walking Into Police Bullets’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Finally, we have an answer as too why so many people are being killed by police. According to NYPD deputy commissioner Zachary Tumin, crazed individuals who have gone off their meds are just simply walking into police bullets.

Source

Recently, Tumin gave the world a glimpse into the warped psyche of police brutality. He tweeted that innocent people shot by cops have “gone off their meds” and are “walking into police bullets.”

The NYPD never ceases to amaze me. Glad they have this figured out, completely makes sense now...Dumba**es.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Makes perfect sense as the cops were obviously aiming to miss - Duh!
'Screw the loaf' uk idiom = [ translation: get on message ]

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You gotta have empathy for cops. Its a # job they do but some one has to do it.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Is that like the drunk guy who drove into the lamp post claiming it wasn't his fault because the lamp post jumped out in front of his car ?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal If the NYPD shoots at someone. At least they could have the courtesy of hitting only the person they shoot at. It only takes 1 bullet to take down a human, normally. There is no need to fire multiple rounds into someone, or at someone. If it takes more than 1 round those policemen should go back to the firing range and learn to control their weapon.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well there's no checking this now unless you're a confirmed follower and he didn't delete the tweet.

Here is the alleged tweet...for all we know out of context or within a conversation. No way to tell now.

ETA: Overall very few references to this anywhere.

It was probably a response to this tweet.

and here is the report he referred to: justifiable Homocides by Law Enforcement Officers: What is the role of mental illness?
edit on 3/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Is that like the drunk guy who drove into the lamp post claiming it wasn't his fault because the lamp post jumped out in front of his car ?

It happens alot...those pesky telegraph poles always seem to move into the middle of the road after leaving the pub

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Because bullets travel slow enough that people have time to jump in front of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm sure he meant it metaphorically but I see it as natural selection by proxy.

Edit: Not all instances but many times anyway.
edit on 7-3-2015 by CharlesT because: vvuybli

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You can look at people and just their face will tell you something, this guy has zero empathy and I wouldn't trust him to look after my letter box. I have come to the conclusion that the older you get the more your personality grows into your appearance. This guy would slit your throat for a belly full of beans and then blame you afterwards for not heating them up for him.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seems to me the article intentionally took his words in a different light. Really can't conceive of a situation where a person would say "well by golly all these people are just running in front of bullets that officers are firing in a totally different direction!"

But hey, take it however makes you happy

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Seems to me the article intentionally took his words in a different light. Really can't conceive of a situation where a person would say "well by golly all these people are just running in front of bullets that officers are firing in a totally different direction!"

But hey, take it however makes you happy

I think if he did actually say these words, what he meant by them would be that mentally disturbed people can sometimes display all the behaviors of a violent killer that would warrant the use of a firearm. Unless we force people to write "medically unstable" on their foreheads, how would police be able to know the difference.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sorry but most of you are just 'tards.
I expect this from the Twitter morons but expect more intelligence here.
The guy is highlighting a serious issue with declining mental care and how its ending in tragedy. But some rage blogs and Twitter hipsters wet their panties and everyone gets upset.
Shame on you, so disappointing how easily manipulated you are.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
He explains himself as such,

Tumin later told the Daily News he was trying to highlight the need for more mental health resources in New York State.

Source

Here is what he was linking to,

JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDES BY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS: What Is the Role of Mental Illness?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You gotta think about that. You know it does happen. People get in such a position that they want to die and need help in getting the deed done. With many of the black deaths by police bullets, whether the victim had a weapon or not, I suspect that a frustration, a racial frustration in such instances, is the driving force that creates the murder. At such times, everybody pulls the trigger, cop and victim. Or as they say, "suicide by cop."

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Just take your meds and no walking, especially when there are bullets flying around! There will be a day, not too far from today, where there is a peaceful protest and police will fire into the crowds. These crowds will be infiltrated with people capable of resistance, shooting back at the police. Maybe, it will be ISIS/L backed by the U.S. government, maybe not, but many innocent will persish along with many guilty. This will be a turning point in the silent war. It honestly only makes sense when looking at what is being done against the innocent citizen. But we must not allow it to harm us, we must be vigilent and stick together; for it is we that are the strongest in mass, and we must all rely on eachother to uphold what we know as "right" and be prepared to fight for it.

Pray for it. Meditate for it. Make our future better with a wise and open conscious, as this reality is able to change if we percieve it in a more positive way. They are not Gods, we are. They are not our kings, they are not above the law. Kings always crumble when put into a checkmate. Laws were created by man and were made to benefit some and harm most. Stick together my friends and watch it unfold. But hope for a better world and envision it becoming into existence, and maybe, just maybe, the good and benevolent will take back power.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
'a reply to: iDope

I WAS pissed at this cop.......

NOW im pissed at whoever wrote that article, as they intentionally changed his words and took it out of context.

AXxhoie

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

Yep. Twitter is rather limiting in how much you can fit in there.
edit on 3/7/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
"Hands Up Don't Shoot"

Dang that's tough to remember???

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I went out shopping today and driving around in busy traffic. It doesn't surprise me that someone would say this. Don't think a gun fight could interrupt many folks movement oblivious to things around them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join